Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hot Dogs with Mustard is against the Geneva Convention.
    Fixed that for ya.

Mustard, tomatoes, relish.

Or maybe tzatziki, olives, feta?

... chili, cheese...?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Mustard, tomatoes, relish.

Or maybe tzatziki, olives, feta?

... chili, cheese...?
    ... Is this all on the same hot dog? Or 3 different hot dogs?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Chicago style? Is that a casserole like their pizza too?

Costco food court Polish sausage ($1.50 with drink) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other hotdog.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-06-26 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So don't watch it?

I find mustard particularly disgusting, but if someone wants to coat their hot dog in it, that's their business. People need to spend less time worrying about other people.
    Hey don't tell me about it. Go argue with Dirty Harry see how far that gets ya.

There's a local food truck that likes to do some weird stuff with their hot dogs: https://www.zombiedogzdayton.com/menu

One has: Housemade sausage gravy topped with a fried egg, bacon, and drizzled with maple syrup.

Not bad, they are really popular, their food truck usually has a line of 50+ every time I see it.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, some vendors won't sell you hotdogs with ketchup on them, especially in places where the hotdog is well known, like Chicago. It ruins the flavor of the meat, since ketchup in the US is rather sweet. The taste is just too overbearing.

That said, my perfect hotdog bratwurst would have mustard, pepper, cheese and onions.
    Who can say what ruins the flavor? My wife only eats ketchup on a hot dog. My one daughter prefers ketchup and mustard. The other likes ketchup and sauerkraut. Seems goofy to piss off your customer based on your own preferences.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any one of the following lists:

1. Mustard, Onion, Cheese
    2. Frank's Red Hot, Onion, Cheese
    3. BBQ sauce (sometimes with Frank's)
    4. Bacon, Cheese
    5. Sauerkraut, Thousand Island/Ranch

I don't have a problem with other people using Ketchup if they want to, and I do on some lower quality dogs on occasion too (which Chicago style usually are not of the low quality family)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It could be they dont have ketchup? Regardless its their business and imo if they dont want to serve a hot dog with ketchup thats their right to not.
    Well, they do have ketchup for fries..... and yes, it is their right..... just as it is my right to walk away if they won't make my hot dog the way I want. They lose a customer; I just walk to the next hot dog vendor.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There's nothing wrong with putting ketchup on a hot dog. Or BBQ sauce. Or ranch dressing. Or maple syrup. I'll never understand why people care what someone else puts on their own food.

If I'm going to eat a hot dog, I'll put just ketchup on it because that's what I think tastes good.
    I agree with most...but I'd never put maple syrup on personally lol

Back on to the OP...there really is no *perfect* dog to me...it's what I feel like or basically boils down to what I have available.

Sometimes I like a good coney island dog...sometimes with some nacho cheese...sometimes just simple like some ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, or now and then maybe ranch even. If want some vegis in it I can add some tomato and or onions.

Even had a hotdog with cream cheese a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I just came back from 6 days in Chicago.... I knew in advance that I wanted a Chicago style hot dog. Two people - prior to my trip, and one person while on my trip - told me to never ask for ketchup on a hot dog. Now, I would not do that as I prefer mustard, but if I asked for ketchup and the vendor said "no", I would just walk away.

That said, I had Chicago style hot dogs in three places last week..... 2 were disgusting. One was AWESOME.

Now, I plan to have a party at my house featuring hot dogs from various parts of the USA. There are dozens of styles from all the regions.

Anyway, what goes on your "perfect" hot dog?

I like mustard, onions, relish..... and occasionally a bit of ketchup. Sometimes bacon, but if I do that, no relish.
    As someone who lives in Chicago I have to ask where you got all 3 from? I'm curious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Blastphemy. You will be purged.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    As someone who lives in Chicago I have to ask where you got all 3 from? I'm curious!
    One was a street vendor. Yuck. The roll was very soggy with pickle juice.

One was in a shop very close to Navy Pier..... yuck

One came from a place called Drum Restaurant...... AWESOME.

Jalapenos banana peppers and cheese

A great Chicago dog is the best hot dog you can buy.

I've been to a place that has a reuben dog; sauerkraut and Russian dressing on the dog. That's top notch as well.

I enjoy a good Detroit style coney dog. Of course, you can put the chili on the fries instead and enjoy it just as much.

Putting ketchup on a hot dog is a sad, amateur-hour mistake.

Sriracha on top and any additional veggies I find in my fridge somehow. Sometimes cheese.

Poverty version is probably just mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Who can say what ruins the flavor? My wife only eats ketchup on a hot dog. My one daughter prefers ketchup and mustard. The other likes ketchup and sauerkraut. Seems goofy to piss off your customer based on your own preferences.
    why is it ok for you to ruin an artists art?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    kraut and deli (brown) mustard.

Real sausages over hot dogs, first of all. Otherwise I'm usually not interested.

But....cheese, ketchup, onions. No mustard. It's not that I particularly dislike mustard, it's just that I find it too overwhelming to the flavor of the meat.

The perfect hot dog contains mustard, saracha sauce (instead of ketchup), a wedge of smokey cheese, onion, pickle relish, and hot peppers. This is a scientific fact.