Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm from Chicago, the best toppings for a hotdog is diced tomato, onion, and cucumber; topped with mustard and tiny pinch of celery salt.

Cucumbers are amazing on hotdogs though, highly recommend.

Mustard, relish and diced onion.

Ketchup on a hot dog is disgraceful and the vendor lost not a customer worth having if they request such in Chicago or New York. That's how we felt if a customer asked for a prime cut of steak well-done; that guy's money was not worth taking. He could go. We'll be fine.

Thought I live in Chicago I admit to disliking a huge pickle spear on my hot dog. It just makes the pickle and dog mutually worse.

However, sport peppers on a dog is godly. You got that one so right, Chicago.

All that said... I am a Chili Dog gal.

The best Chili Dog I ever ate was in Kansas City at little stand I can't recall the name. Dog was steamed and the chili was thick & meaty (unlike my hometown chili), a dollop of sour cream. The thing that made it all come together was the bun... also steamed, but looked like this;

I just mean the bun. Glorious!

I ate three of the motherfuckers and my friends had to drag me away with chili smeared across my face.

Also, every sausage type food I ate in Germany and Spain was amazing. That's where the sausage game is strongest.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-06-26 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I just came back from 6 days in Chicago.... I knew in advance that I wanted a Chicago style hot dog. Two people - prior to my trip, and one person while on my trip - told me to never ask for ketchup on a hot dog. Now, I would not do that as I prefer mustard, but if I asked for ketchup and the vendor said "no", I would just walk away.

That said, I had Chicago style hot dogs in three places last week..... 2 were disgusting. One was AWESOME.

Now, I plan to have a party at my house featuring hot dogs from various parts of the USA. There are dozens of styles from all the regions.

Anyway, what goes on your "perfect" hot dog?

I like mustard, onions, relish..... and occasionally a bit of ketchup. Sometimes bacon, but if I do that, no relish.
    Is this some kind of euphemism?

No but i only like this brand of hot-dogs with mustard and pickles.
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products...saus-1701.aspx
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2017-06-27 at 12:07 AM.

Pinks over in LA has some pretty fucking good choices, I usually get the Philly which is just a boat of meat, cheese and bread.

Ketchup, Coleslaw, and mild cheddar. BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All that said... I am a Chili Dog gal.

The best Chili Dog I ever ate was in Kansas City at little stand I can't recall the name. Dog was steamed and the chili was thick & meaty (unlike my hometown chili), a dollop of sour cream. The thing that made it all come together was the bun... also steamed, but looked like this;

I just mean the bun. Glorious!
    That looks gross as fuck and not at all like chili.

10+ Year Old Account

Detroit

Slaw Dog

You're welcome.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is from Mexico, mostly Northern Mexico I guess a US influence. It has beans, a slice of bacon, mayo and a bunch of other stuff. It's my favorite hot dog. You get them from street vendors so watch you don't get sick.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I dont really eat hotdogs or brats but last night I had some left over in the freezer and a couple sub rolls that I had to use up so I made a brat and Kraft mac and cheese.

Bun was too long so I chopped up the brat and put mac and cheese in the bun with it and then added some mustard and ketchup. Was pretty good. Prob best one I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That looks gross as fuck and not at all like chili.
    It's not chili.

I specifically said, I was just referencing the bun.

Sauerkraut and mustard
    Chili-cheese
    Mustard and Onion
    Cream Cheese, onions, and jalapenos

Those are probably my top 4
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    why is it ok for you to ruin an artists art?
    because I am buying it. And LOL at a hot dog vendor being an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Pinks over in LA has some pretty fucking good choices, I usually get the Philly which is just a boat of meat, cheese and bread.
    except, I live in Philly, and have for 55 years, and cheese is almost never on a hot dog you buy......
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

TOMATO sauce and some cheese.

except, I live in Philly, and have for 55 years, and cheese is almost never on a hot dog you buy......
    and those hot dogs are worse off because of it. If I go to a 7/11 and get a hot dog I'm drowning that thing in nacho cheese and you can try and stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    and those hot dogs are worse off because of it. If I go to a 7/11 and get a hot dog I'm drowning that thing in nacho cheese and you can try and stop me.
    Who am I to try and stop you from screwing up your food? Enjoy. All, I am saying is that it really is not a Philly thing.....
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago-style (minus tomatoes)
    Mustard, onions, sport peppers, relish, pickle spear, and celery salt.

Edit: oh, and poppy seed bun.

Who am I to try and stop you from screwing up your food? Enjoy.

because I am buying it. And LOL at a hot dog vendor being an artist.
    Don't buy their art if you don't like it.

What do you think food is if not an artistic expression?
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2017-06-27 at 01:06 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    ... Is this all on the same hot dog? Or 3 different hot dogs?
    Three different. Tzadziki and chili... actually that MIGHT work, comeback to think of it. Shit. So many possible options.

I just came back from 6 days in Chicago.... I knew in advance that I wanted a Chicago style hot dog. Two people - prior to my trip, and one person while on my trip - told me to never ask for ketchup on a hot dog. Now, I would not do that as I prefer mustard, but if I asked for ketchup and the vendor said "no", I would just walk away.

That said, I had Chicago style hot dogs in three places last week..... 2 were disgusting. One was AWESOME.

Now, I plan to have a party at my house featuring hot dogs from various parts of the USA. There are dozens of styles from all the regions.

Anyway, what goes on your "perfect" hot dog?

I like mustard, onions, relish..... and occasionally a bit of ketchup. Sometimes bacon, but if I do that, no relish.
    Unless your Chicago Dog looked like this...it wasn't a Chicago hotdog.