Why isnt their barebone laptop cases for sale

I feel like the gaming/case companies should make some for sale that tell you what you can put.in with a simple enough to understand case instead of paying 2k for a.good gaming laptop

Laptops dont work like that. Unless you want a laptop that is at least 50% larger than anything currently on the market.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    yeah. laptops are not like a Tower PC. there is not the same "oh i just add watercooling" If you would want something like that it would require a lot of custome building, and would not be cheap. Like Thunderball said, IF there was such a thing, it would need the "margin" of different products and sizes, so it would atleast be twice as big as normal laptops

10+ Year Old Account
    Desktops are like legos. You can just pick whatever you want and put it in, because most things have a standard.

Laptops are like cars, where every one is different. You can't take any part, of any other car, and put it in another car.

Companies have tried it on both laptops, and phones, and it just doesn't work as a design model.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    I feel like the gaming/case companies should make some for sale that tell you what you can put.in with a simple enough to understand case instead of paying 2k for a.good gaming laptop
    youd just pay the 2k for the laptop mobo instead of the complete thing.

In addition to all the issues everyone above me has already pointed out...there really just isn't any incentive for computer manufacturers to go that route. The High End Gaming Laptop market is already small and this concept would only really appeal to a small subsection of that market. Putting together your own PC is relatively simple...putting together your own laptop is quite a bit more complex.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

About the only things customizable on a laptop motherboard are the RAM and HDD/SSD. Pretty much everything else is soldered to the board and then the case is designed to fit very snug around it. There is no room for variations at all. Am I gonna say it will never happen? No, 15-20 years. Maybe parts will get so small that will become possible. I think we'll probably have some more advanced form of display at that point though, and our phones will be much much much more powerful and we'll just be able to send that to any display and work from it.