Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oh, I know. It's actually our smallest. If you want something more filling, order the Sausage egg and cheddar, that's definitely bigger and better in the filling your stomach realm, for the same price.

If you really want some solid bacon, try the Chicken bacon panini. That thing smells incredible and tastes fantastic. That will actually cost you $7, but it's a solid size and it's a panini, so you'll be full.
    Problem with starbucks is if I get a (non-basic) coffee and a small sandwich I leave the place 13 dollars poorer.. I could have gotten a legit meal for that price somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I know. It's actually our smallest. If you want something more filling, order the Sausage egg and cheddar, that's definitely bigger and better in the filling your stomach realm, for the same price.

If you really want some solid bacon, try the Chicken bacon panini. That thing smells incredible and tastes fantastic. That will actually cost you $7, but it's a solid size and it's a panini, so you'll be full.
    Ew sausage. :l

The chicken bacon sounds banging though. c:

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Ew sausage. :l

The chicken bacon sounds banging though. c:
    I have a weird love-hate relationship with sausage, tbh.

And glad I could help out! :P Hope you like!

If bacon is your thing, also try the double-smoked bacon and cheddar. It comes on a croissant roll. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Starbucks is not that highly rated so I'm not sure how it can be overrated, it's average high-street take away coffee and sweet drinks. I occasionally get a black coffee americano from there, it's decent, not great and not bad just average.
    Yeah, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of customers who swear by our stuff, and deep down, I'm thinking... HOW?! Have you never been to a proper coffee shop where the baristas are actually legitimate baristas who taste-test the espresso throughout the day to make sure it's good? Who learn to steam perfect foam manually, not automatically? I worked for 1.5 years at Peet's Coffee and Tea, and when their baristas take the job seriously, they can be some of the best. I miss being able to do what I just described and more, it was awesome building connections with customers over actually making sure their drinks were as close to perfect as I could possibly make them. I had many people prefer me to make their drinks and thank me for my attention to detail. <3 Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Problem with starbucks is if I get a (non-basic) coffee and a small sandwich I leave the place 13 dollars poorer.. I could have gotten a legit meal for that price somewhere else.
    I hear ya. I look at these people paying that much OR MORE, EVERY DAY, and just wonder...

So how's your 401k and Roth IRA lookin'? Any rainy day savings? Do you realize how much you could save just brewing at home and tossing some sugar and cream in if you need that part? Hell, even spending $2.50 for a 16oz cup of black coffee seems ridiculous to me. I drink 24~30oz on a typical day at home and it's free. If I spent ~$5/day? Good lord. Much less $13!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

If bacon is your thing, also try the double-smoked bacon and cheddar. It comes on a croissant roll. <3
    I wish starbucks had bagels D: a breakfast sandwich aint a breakfast sandwich if it isnt on a bagel :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Duh, starbucks makes swill for $5 a cup.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I wish starbucks had bagels D: a breakfast sandwich aint a breakfast sandwich if it isnt on a bagel :c
    I personally grew up in a super Jewish area of Illinois, so I'm a little 'bageled' out.

I must admit, I'm a little surprised we don't have any bagel-based sandwiches, however we have bagels... like, hello? Anyone home, corporate SBUX?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Duh, starbucks makes swill for $5 a cup.
    That could be reworded to be a more correct sentence.

And not entirely true, our coffee might not be the best, but it's still coffee and it's at least average. :P And you can literally get any drink for less than $5... it's when you start asking for Ventis and extra shots that it goes above $5.

I'm all about giving Starbucks flak, but at least be sound with your flak.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind their frappuccinos, especially the Strawberry and Cream ones.

But for Coffee? fuck no.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Italian Espresso or gtfo.
    It's ok but try some Cuban coffee, leagues ahead. Can you get real Cuban coffee over there?

Its overpriced flavored water. I'll take Beans & Brews over that swill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I occasionally get a black coffee americano from there, it's decent, not great and not bad just average.
    Trying to wrap my head around the idea of drinking coffee that is intentionally watered down. And then you have an opinion on this "beverage." And you do on this purpose.

I mean, wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Trying to wrap my head around the idea of drinking coffee that is intentionally watered down. And then you have an opinion on this "beverage." And you do on this purpose.

I mean, wow...
    Did you have a point to discuss or was your only purpose to come into the thread and act like a dick?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I guess it depends who's doing the rating, but in my experience, it's properly rated. I'm pretty much always going to prefer a good local shop, but Starbucks ain't bad. It's kind of like getting a burger at Five Guys - OK, you can probably find better, but it's still pretty decent. Sam Adams is like this in the beer world. It's not exciting, but it's pretty decent and easy to find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post

I mean, wow...
    An Americano isn't "coffee" in the strict sense. Not liking Americanos is fine, but you just look kinda ignorant when you take shots at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At those prices and at what they serve? How can it not be overrated and why does it even still earn money? Why are they still in business?

Oh..maybe because of general stupidity?
    Convenient locations is the biggest thing for me. If you do a decent bit of business travel, you're going to wind up drinking some Starbucks if you like coffee, but aren't really willing to go out of your way. The easiest example is their corporate ties to Marriott - when Starbucks is downstairs at your hotel, you're probably going to drink some Starbucks unless you're really particular.

- - - Updated - - -

The spinach feta wrap thing is pretty good too. I've burned the crap out of my mouth a couple times though.
    So how's your 401k and Roth IRA lookin'? Any rainy day savings? Do you realize how much you could save just brewing at home and tossing some sugar and cream in if you need that part? Hell, even spending $2.50 for a 16oz cup of black coffee seems ridiculous to me. I drink 24~30oz on a typical day at home and it's free. If I spent ~$5/day? Good lord. Much less $13!
    Yeah, I don't get how people just buy expensive coffee every day. I'm in that same general range, roughly 24-48 ounces depending on the day when I'm at home. I get Starbucks that's included with my room at hotels and I'll pay for other coffee when it's expensed, but I can't really imagine just dropping $10/day on it as a personal expense. As a nice treat at a good cafe where I can relax, sure, but not just as a grab and go start to the work day. My wife and I spent far too much at this place in DC when we lived there, but that's not really the same as starting the day that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    An Americano isn't "coffee" in the strict sense. Not liking Americanos is fine, but you just look kinda ignorant when you take shots at it.
    this must be what it feels like to be told that one is not an urbanite asshole or some such thing...

Isn't an Americano just espresso watered down with several ounces of water? In what way did I fail to correctly describe what it is? It's Coffee, it's watered down, etc....?

It's true that I've never had one. It's also true that I don't drink actual piss.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Firstly I have never ever entered a Starbucks let alone drank a coffee but are they overrated? Obviously they're popular especially in America but do you go to Starbucks?
    America is addicted to sugar, that's why they are popular. They need all the sugar to hide the hideous taste of their actual coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's basically coffee for people that don't like coffee.
    As a European you wouldn't even want to be seen in such a place.

Italian Espresso or gtfo.
    This.
    Been to rome, their coffe is otherwordly
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go there for coffee ever. If I want coffee I'll just brew a gallon of shit cheap grocery brew.

However, the 'java chip frap' is delicious. It's also like.... 900 calories. I'll grab one once every few months.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Completely overrated. Not enough whores to fuck.

If you like trends, labels, and shit flavor they are underrated.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    McDonald's and Burger King are two sides of the same coin, don't be ridiculous.
    Well yeah if you wanna ignore the fact the McDonalds stuff is half the price and half as good then yeah, the same >.>

And when I went to the UK I saw quite a few Costa shops, isn't it a chain?
    Yeah, they're the popular company Starbucks are trying to take on with cheaper/shitty coffee.

Super overrated. I only go out of convenience- it's across the street from my job.

Starbucks hot coffee is only a little better than Dunkin' Donuts really. They are the Wendy's/McDonald's of the coffee service world.

Goddess & the Baker is where it is at though!