Another lazy persons help me build pc thread ( optimal for 1080p)

Hello. Been lurking here since 2008 , but never bothered making an account mostly because i really feel like It is pointless, and i have nothing to add to the conversations. (Not that anyone cares)

Anyway. I know very little about computers and have never build one, and would appreciate some help chosing the parts. (Friend will help with building, if necessary)
    What i need is a pc (just the pc) for 1080p resolution gaming, that is somewhat future proof.
    i5 , gtx1060 , 16gb ram, atleast 200gb ssd, and 1tb hdd was what i was thinking.
    Edit: would like it to play newest games on ultra for now, gta5, witcher 3 etc...

I live in Finland and don't really have a budget but would prefer if it costs me less than 1000€

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cynical Underachiever; 2017-06-28 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Inhimillinen virhe

Looks doable. Please tell us where are you going to order your parts? Trusted local retailers (with links please) or any international options?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Looks doable. Please tell us where are you going to order your parts? Trusted local retailers (with links please) or any international options?
    Was drunk with friends and ordered already without patience or too much thinking .
    Went way over budget but whatever. Money isn't really an issue so would just like to know if our choice of the parts is not completely idiotic.
    Also interested in upgrading the gpu to 4k in future and would also like to know if there is gong to be any compatibility issues.

Can still cancel the order, but as i said saving just few hundred doesn't matter. So would really appreaciate if some1 with better knowledge can give some fedback.

The parts:

Case: Fractal Design Define C, ATX

PSU: Corsair 750W RM750x, 80 Plus Gold

Heatsink: SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 v2

CPU: Intel Kaby Lake i5-7600K, LGA1151, 3.80GHz, 6MB, Boxed

Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-A, ATX

Ram: Apparently we forgot to order. Any sugestions? 16gb prefered

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL 6GB GDDR5

SSD: Samsung 250GB 960 EVO SSD , M.2, NVMe, 3200/1500 MB/s

HDD: Seagate 2TB BarraCuda, Internal 3,5'', SATA III, 7200rpm, 64MB

Also ordered Monitor: BenQ 24" ZOWIE XL2411, 144Hz e-Sports (open for better suggestions)

Price: 1770€

Thanks.

Was drunk with friends and ordered already without patience or too much thinking .
    Went way over budget but whatever. Money isn't really an issue so would just like to know if our choice of the parts is not completely idiotic.
    Also interested in upgrading the gpu to 4k in future and would also like to know if there is gong to be any compatibility issues.

Can still cancel the order, but as i said saving just few hundred doesn't matter. So would really appreaciate if some1 with better knowledge can give some fedback.

The parts:

Memory: Kingston 8GB(2x4GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, CL15

Also ordered Monitor: BenQ 24" ZOWIE XL2411, 144Hz e-Sports (open for better suggestions)

Price: 1770€

Thanks.

The parts:

Price: 1865

Thanks.

The parts:

Price: 1865€

Thanks.

Not sure how the rules on these forums works, but I typed a long post yesterday and it doesn't show here. Anyway, i already oredred the parts and just wanted to make sure it was not a bad purchase and that all parts are compatible. also possibility to just upgrade the GPU for 4k in the future. ordered parts + monitor for 1865€ from Jimms (dot) fi

- - - Updated - - -

would post a link for the parts if i could.
    Last edited by Cynical Underachiever; 2017-06-29 at 12:09 PM.

http : // imgur (dot) com / 4oaNhsH

- - - Updated - - -

they are still waiting for some parts and i can cancel it or change the order.

Intel CPU's are future proof because nothing much happens there anymore but graphics cards not so much.

And here you go: http://imgur.com/4oaNhsH

I would change that GTX 1060 with a GTX 1070.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-06-29 at 01:15 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Thanks! 1080p is satisfying enough to me for now, but might want to upgrade when the next generation gpu's come from nvidia. was thinking 1180TI , if it even will be called that and when the monitors become cheaper. just wondering if i will need to replace any other parts and if my motherboard will support next gen gpu's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Underachiever View Post
    Thanks! 1080p is satisfying enough to me for now, but might want to upgrade when the next generation gpu's come from nvidia. was thinking 1180TI , if it even will be called that and when the monitors become cheaper. just wondering if i will need to replace any other parts and if my motherboard will support next gen gpu's.
    Intel keeps changing the socket and if it's the same socket thats being used then you would probably have to flash the UEFI in order to support the new cpu on an old motherboard.

I think that the successor to the GTX 1080 Ti will be called the GTX 2080 Ti.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-06-29 at 06:47 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)