Realm hop Addon Suggestion

First of all, this is a suggestion, I am no coder and know little about LUA...

We all know that realm hopping has been hampered with changes lately. You can only phase to another realm if you are on the same location as the leader. Now I have been thinking and, to me, this seems possible:

Why not have a addon, that when installed, when the player is idle for "x" time it creates a listing in the custom section with title the current zone you are in. Other people with the addon can go to a list that shows all zones you can currently hop to. Of course it would require you to actually be in that zone for it to work.

The addon of-course relies on enough people using it to be effective... there are probably obstacles I am not thinking about that would need to be overcome but I am talking principle suggestion here.

This would've been possible before April, but a hotfix has restricted group finder functions in order to break WQGF. A hardware event, such as the player clicking the mouse, is required in order to create or delist a group as well as searching and requesting invites.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    This would've been possible before April, but a hotfix has restricted group finder functions in order to break WQGF. A hardware event, such as the player clicking the mouse, is required in order to create or delist a group as well as searching and requesting invites.
    Hmm having to let the idle player clicking his mouse to start a group would be sort of defeating the point of that player being idle... unless you can emulate a hardware click and fool the system thinking that click came from the mouse but I guess Blizz wouldn't like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    emulate a hardware click and fool the system thinking that click came from the mouse
    Yea, that would most definitely earn a ban.

Indeed, this is no longer possible.

However with world quests, you can always find groups listed in your current zone pretty easily. Of course that only applies to broken isles, if you want to serverhop to find the camel mount in Uldum or whatever you're out of luck.

Is server hop not allowed to be used and can get u banned?

Addons cannot get you banned, unless you have an addon that spams racial slurs or something. If Blizzard does not like a certain addon, they will find ways to simply disable it through the API, or in this case, make it inconvenient for the author(s) to continue making it work.

As long as addons you install are only Lua/XML and don't actively break rules such as bad words in chat, you are okay to install any addon. It is not against the rules to use the API to automate anything ingame.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-07-17 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad this was fixed, ****ing hoppers.

I disagree, there are plenty of things I missed out on that were made easier with realm hopping, such as spawns. I do, however, agree that it was frustrating for people to blindly join parties and take up one of five spots or to join special groups like RP, but that's not the addon's fault. The addon settings made it possible to join only large groups to try and minimize joining special groups, but most users didn't care, which was the problem. The community sucks, and has always sucked, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. We lose good things all the time because of bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimming View Post
    Is server hop not allowed to be used and can get u banned?
    Simply using the addon will not.
    However if your use it in a certain way that blizzard deem inappropriate, then that could do.
    As the given spam example describes, it is more about what you do with the addons that causes the problems.
    Though if an addon has the sole purpose of exploiting, and a player using it is expected to be understanding of that and using it for that purpose only, then blizzard may consider another approach.
    Whether they can query addons in use, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.