Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's not a hard fight, but here is what's hard (Ok I only speak on normal mode sorry, haven't had time on roic yet): ONE PERSON can screw everyone in the group.. That's what sucks

What's so hard is that people are used to LFR where nothing matters and are just so bored to try anything and just want the reward without any effort.

Damn I am pissed about the existence of LFR. Because it teaches people that they can get rewards by slacking and being terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I don't know why but for some people the maiden mechanics are hard to follow. It comes pretty easily to me so im trying to get an idea about whats confusing for some people.

Problem is, there are shitty players everywhere, it's just that most of the time when they make a mistake they take some damage or something and are healed and no one notices. With the Maiden, if they make a mistake EVERYONE notices and it will probably wipe the raid.

Maiden is a great fight to spot and weed out the bads.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Kvo View Post
    Its not hard or confusing, but there are many players who are selfish fucks. Not everyone moves at the same speed, so the ones who play classes with movespeed buffs zoom ahead and steal the buffs, so no one else can have them
    You do understand that on Normal and Heroic it's perfectly possible to do the fight @ under 910 ilvl without getting a single buff right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We have a colorblind player who is very frustrated by this fight, she cannot tell the balls apart.
    Then why the fuck is she soaking? Is it so hard to realize you're fucking up and stopping yourself from wasting the time of others? Just have everyone stay on the damn beam and have the tanks soak and you should have at least 4-5 orbs. If someone else tries soaking, you kick him on the spot, the fight is doable with 0 buffs.

Can't ignore mechanics by overgearing the fight
    Too much thinking required for pugs

We have a colorblind player who is very frustrated by this fight, she cannot tell the balls apart.
    Is it necessary?

One approach is to simply stand on the inner line closest to the hole in a group (obviously there will be 2 groups for fel and holy)... One reliable person can grab the balls and the splash will buff the people not touching them. She could simply be in the group and it becomes a nonissue.

I don't understand the colorblind excuse people throw out, the orbs have different graphics apart from color and they have unique particle effects coming off of them.

She is my offtank. Next reset she'll bring her hunter and I'll tank with our DH for this.
    Then you have an extra one or two competent people that soak instead of her. It still makes no sense trying to have a fish climb a tree, or again, you can do it with 0 buffs on 1 side or even on both.

They are shaped differently and there is the color blind mode in the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

She is my offtank. Next reset she'll bring her hunter and I'll tank with our DH for this.
    Then have a melee do the soaking instead. There is no reason it has to be a tank. In fact we have a melee and a tank get them on each side of the rail so we get all of the correct color orbs that fly by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You guys seem to be missing the point.
    You have to understand that the very vast majority of WoW player base is actually not talented enough to even play this game. They stay cuz they have friends, and guilds they joined while doing normal dungeons and since blizz allows them to enter places they should not go (because it's possible to get carried) they end up polluting raids, which is why PuG has a bad reputation.

Maiden is confusing for them because there is double switching with the possibility of not switching. Normally a mechanic happens and it forces you to do something, but in the case of Maiden sometimes you don't have to do anything even if the mechanic (infusion) happens to them and DBM clutters the screen with information. So the average players are literally overwhelmed by having to ANALYZE what is happening to them instead of simply REACTING in a very straight forward manner like most mechanics ask of them.

Those are the same players who are unable to interrupt if the mob casting is not their current target.
    This guy has the answer

The real difficulty with maiden is that one retard can fuck up the entire raid in multiple ways

I have difficulty telling them apart on a color basis but not on a texture basis, they're very obviously different now with one "flamey" and one "corruptey". I recognize that Blizz has tweaked it in the last day or so though, so maybe her frustrations were a lot worse early.

They've since fixed it, but I am also color blind and it only took me running down the staircase once to see that the Fel orbs had a bunch of dark striations(?) on them whereas the light balls were smooth. It took a moment longer than someone who wasn't color blind perhaps, but still easy. Now it's even easier. Disappointed that Blizzard didn't think of this in testing, but glad that they hotfixed it shortly after. I hate getting screwed over by stuff because of my color blindness.

Execution /thread

have she tried the colourblind options in wow? Do they not help her?

15+ Year Old Account
    Its hard cause one person can fuck over half the raid in an instant, makes u wonder how long it will take before the unstable debuff is removed from normal.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Why does this matter? Stand between lanes and let others pick stuff up. The buff splashes to nearby players/