Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleheart View Post
    1000000% agree with this. Each character does not need to do something crazy each patch, but there should be some development and progression for them. Otherwise you end up with chracters like Baine.

This way you will have some characters will end up in the spotlight, and some will drift away only to come back to prominence later. I have no idea after 12 years of doing this game, how they can't figure out to have dialogue or certain characters at least show up in places. Make it LOOK like they are at least interested in the going-ons of their respective factions. It is so weird that if you aren't front and center in WoW, the character may as well be dead.
    Yeah or at least get some more writers if that's a problem. Probably more of story direction then lack of writers.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    No way, PC shaman > max power thrall, the same as PC warrior is probably the best fighter alive, PC hunter a better shot than sylvannas, PC mage more powerful than Jaina or Khadgar - we are Guardian level in power at this point
    I don't think we're THAT good. Maybe a Mage PC is close to Jaina in power, but Dadgar was the student of Medivh and wields an artifact that's just as powerful as the Mage's. Remember that Guardians are basically among, if not the most powerful mortals ever, save from outright demigods like Lei Shen and the Lich King. Aegwynn single-handedly defeated the Avatar as it was possessed by Sargeras. While we still need a raid to kill the Fallen Avatar.

We're about at an average lore NPC's level of power. So Warriors are about as godo as Saurfang, Shamans about as good as Thrall, Rogues about as good as Garona, so on and so forth. Artifacts give us a bit of an edge, but I don't think we're as powerful as the more potent NPCs like Velen or Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't think we're THAT good. Maybe a Mage PC is close to Jaina in power, but Dadgar was the student of Medivh and wields an artifact that's just as powerful as the Mage's. Remember that Guardians are basically among, if not the most powerful mortals ever, save from outright demigods like Lei Shen and the Lich King. Aegwynn single-handedly defeated the Avatar as it was possessed by Sargeras. While we still need a raid to kill the Fallen Avatar.

We're about at an average lore NPC's level of power. So Warriors are about as godo as Saurfang, Shamans about as good as Thrall, Rogues about as good as Garona, so on and so forth. Artifacts give us a bit of an edge, but I don't think we're as powerful as the more potent NPCs like Velen or Illidan.
    Why are we the leaders of our order halls then? Why were we chosen to spearhead the Alliance and Horde forces on Draenor? Why were the legendary artifacts entrusted to us? Why are we chosen to take the fight to the Legion, recover the Pillars of Creation etc? I'd say we are recognised by all other lore characters as exceptionally powerful - and the reason we need a whole raid group to kill avatar is because it's an MMO, that's kinda how it works in game. Let's not forget lorewise, there is only 1 Highlord, 1 Archmage, 1 Battlelord and so on - the most powerful of their respective classes. All the threats we have faced, we are extremely powerful. The PC has done more in the defense of Azeroth than any established lore character and that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    We don't know what state it is in is what I meant. The finale of Antorus almost indicates that it is in some sort of weird form(then again a lot of this does). Why would we be able to fight one world soul, but not Sargeras himself if it were not in some weird form?

Argus is getting its energy drained to accelerate demon ressurections.
    He also gets tortured and brainwashed like the other titans.

He's weakened and consummed by pain, hence why we can fight him.

Sargeras got none of that, he's an awake fully powered titan.
    You cannot fight a living planet.
    For the Horde! // For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

thrall was only as strong as us in dragon soul, and that was a temporary boost. thrall, he had the aid of the elements. he didn't have the aid of all four of the elemental lords, which our shaman has. no shaman is as strong as we are currently.

pc mage is definitely stronger than jaina and no, atiesh is not as powerful as aluneth. that's why aegwynn only resorted to using it, otherwise she would have went into battle with it. it's 50/50 on whether khadgar's stronger though. i kinda think he might be, but it just might be that he knows a wider range about arcane arts than we do, while we're just raw powerhouses.

warrior is stronger than saurfang, even beats saurfang in a quest. likely the strongest mortal warrior on azeroth.

i do think velen and illidan are stronger than us, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    thrall was only as strong as us in dragon soul, and that was a temporary boost. thrall, he had the aid of the elements. he didn't have the aid of all four of the elemental lords, which our shaman has. no shaman is as strong as we are currently.

pc mage is definitely stronger than jaina and no, atiesh is not as powerful as aluneth. that's why aegwynn only resorted to using it, otherwise she would have went into battle with it. it's 50/50 on whether khadgar's stronger though. i kinda think he might be, but it just might be that he knows a wider range about arcane arts than we do, while we're just raw powerhouses.

warrior is stronger than saurfang, even beats saurfang in a quest. likely the strongest mortal warrior on azeroth.

i do think velen and illidan are stronger than us, but that's about it.
    Jaina has Amanthul's power in her staff...pretty sure that trumps the mage PC and possibly dadgar. Maybe she just hasn't figured out how to work it since unlike Ra(den) and Lei Shen, she never got the knowledge part like Wrathion did via the heart.

The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Jaina has Amanthul's power in her staff...pretty sure that trumps the mage PC and possibly dadgar. Maybe she just hasn't figured out how to work it since unlike Ra(den) and Lei Shen, she never got the knowledge part like Wrathion did via the heart.
    She has some of Lei'shen's power, not a direct line to Aman'thuls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You're right...least Hitler didn't try to bring back the people he killed from the dead to do his bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Argus is getting its energy drained to accelerate demon ressurections.
    He also gets tortured and brainwashed like the other titans.

He's weakened and consummed by pain, hence why we can fight him.

Sargeras got none of that, he's an awake fully powered titan.
    You cannot fight a living planet.
    That's speculation. Clearly he's the encounter and we fight him, but is that some manifestation or has he already emerged and is just being drained. There's no model and no real connotation as to what is really going on with him 100% other than he's being used and is definitely in league with Sargeras. Azeroth has not manifested at all other than the message to Magni. Is there some way to physically see her before she emerges? Like is a titan a literal fetus in there or a ball of energy? I mean we really haven't had the chance to explore how this happens until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    She has some of Lei'shen's power, not a direct line to Aman'thuls.
    She literally had the PC drain all of the titan power so the horde could not get it. Whatever Lei Shen had, she got. Lei Shen had Amanthul's power. Stop trying to say otherwise when it is flat out in game.

The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    She literally had the PC drain all of the titan power so the horde could not get it. Whatever Lei Shen had, she got. Lei Shen had Amanthul's power. Stop trying to say otherwise when it is flat out in game.
    There is a difference between claiming whatever power Leishen had left and "she had Aman'thuls power!"

Stop trying to say otherwise when it is flat out in game.
    it was never said in game she had Aman'thul's power. She took what remained from the Thunder'king's palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You're right...least Hitler didn't try to bring back the people he killed from the dead to do his bidding.

No, she had you drain power from a reservoir at the ceiling of Lei shen's chamber, nothing more, nothing less. Have you ever actually charged her staff yourself? Jaina herself merely speculated that lei shen kept most of his energy stored there.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Did you forget about Wrathion taking his heart?

Chronicle gives 0 indication of the power level of the avatar. The warlock destro artifact explicitly states he made the avatar intentionally weak so she could in fact beat it.
    It actually made possessing her sound more like, again, a back-up plan in case killing her then and there failed.

Silvermoon City, last bastion of the North-Eastern Horde
    Don't know if anyone has talked about it yet but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/handclaw/...21299752177664

Beyond being badass as hell, is this more evidence that light has a 'corrupting' influence?

Why does that immediately say to you, "corrupting" influence? It is having an influence, but the Light really isn't a corrupting force.

I mean, there's certainly fanatics on the light side as well.

Even though I doubt Blizzard will ever use term corrupt and Light in the same sentence, I like the idea of Light being perceived not as some holy manifestation of everything good, but just a cosmic force that is more aligned with our morals and principles.

Really hope in the future they expand on what so far looks like Ethereals being purly Void based society and hope they don't make them inherently evil because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't know if anyone has talked about it yet but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/handclaw/...21299752177664

Beyond being badass as hell, is this more evidence that light has a 'corrupting' influence?
    Tattoo doesn't always mean corrupting. Malfurion has lightning tattoo. Garroh had tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Even though I doubt Blizzard will ever use term corrupt and Light in the same sentence, I like the idea of Light being perceived not as some holy manifestation of everything good, but just a cosmic force that is more aligned with our morals and principles.

Really hope in the future they expand on what so far looks like Ethereals being purly Void based society and hope they don't make them inherently evil because of that.
    It's not a corrupting influence though, never has been.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not a corrupting influence though, never has been.
    I agree, didn't say it is.

Just think it would be cool if they move from black/white nature of Light/Void and show us that there can also be Void based societies, even though Void is extremly difficult to control and is corrupting, as opposed to Light.

Looks like that's where they're going with Alleria and that Locus guy, if they don't end up fully corrupted that is.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I agree, didn't say it is.

Just think it would be cool if they move from black/white nature of Light/Void and show us that there can also be Void based societies, even though Void is extremly difficult to control and is corrupting, as opposed to Light.

Looks like that's where they're going with Alleria and that Locus guy, if they don't end up fully corrupted that is.
    Light and the Void are the black and white things. Doesn't really change users using the Void/shadow magic for their own purposes weather it's good or bad.
    #TeamLegion