Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    She literally had the PC drain all of the titan power so the horde could not get it. Whatever Lei Shen had, she got. Lei Shen had Amanthul's power. Stop trying to say otherwise when it is flat out in game.
    No, she had you drain power from a reservoir at the ceiling of Lei shen's chamber, nothing more, nothing less. Have you ever actually charged her staff yourself? Jaina herself merely speculated that lei shen kept most of his energy stored there.

She literally had the PC drain all of the titan power so the horde could not get it. Whatever Lei Shen had, she got. Lei Shen had Amanthul's power. Stop trying to say otherwise when it is flat out in game.
    Did you forget about Wrathion taking his heart?

Chronicle gives 0 indication of the power level of the avatar. The warlock destro artifact explicitly states he made the avatar intentionally weak so she could in fact beat it.
    It actually made possessing her sound more like, again, a back-up plan in case killing her then and there failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't know if anyone has talked about it yet but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/handclaw/...21299752177664

Beyond being badass as hell, is this more evidence that light has a 'corrupting' influence?

Why does that immediately say to you, "corrupting" influence? It is having an influence, but the Light really isn't a corrupting force.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I mean, there's certainly fanatics on the light side as well.

Even though I doubt Blizzard will ever use term corrupt and Light in the same sentence, I like the idea of Light being perceived not as some holy manifestation of everything good, but just a cosmic force that is more aligned with our morals and principles.

Really hope in the future they expand on what so far looks like Ethereals being purly Void based society and hope they don't make them inherently evil because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't know if anyone has talked about it yet but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/handclaw/...21299752177664

Beyond being badass as hell, is this more evidence that light has a 'corrupting' influence?
    Tattoo doesn't always mean corrupting. Malfurion has lightning tattoo. Garroh had tattoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Even though I doubt Blizzard will ever use term corrupt and Light in the same sentence, I like the idea of Light being perceived not as some holy manifestation of everything good, but just a cosmic force that is more aligned with our morals and principles.

Really hope in the future they expand on what so far looks like Ethereals being purly Void based society and hope they don't make them inherently evil because of that.
    It's not a corrupting influence though, never has been.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not a corrupting influence though, never has been.
    I agree, didn't say it is.

Just think it would be cool if they move from black/white nature of Light/Void and show us that there can also be Void based societies, even though Void is extremly difficult to control and is corrupting, as opposed to Light.

Looks like that's where they're going with Alleria and that Locus guy, if they don't end up fully corrupted that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, didn't say it is.

Just think it would be cool if they move from black/white nature of Light/Void and show us that there can also be Void based societies, even though Void is extremly difficult to control and is corrupting, as opposed to Light.

Looks like that's where they're going with Alleria and that Locus guy, if they don't end up fully corrupted that is.
    Light and the Void are the black and white things. Doesn't really change users using the Void/shadow magic for their own purposes weather it's good or bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    7.2 did NOT have a lot of quest content. The only interesting part of the questline is the last quest. When you get the mount. The rest of it was garbage.
    watttttttttttttt

killing 100 demons
    doing 10 world quests
    looting 10 wyrmtongue chests

THESE WERE AMAZING STORY QUESTS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Sometimes I genuinely think that being wrong causes you some sort of arousement. It's like you can't have enough of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

jaina doesnt have aman'thuls power, wrathion does. lei shen ATE ra'dens heart, which is what gave him that power, wrathion in turn ATE lei shens heart and stole his powers.

the staff is powerful but it doesnt contain aman'thuls essence, wrathion got that

- - - Updated - - -

that is what the light is, the light works for you as long as you do what you personally believe is right and do not doubt yourself, or, are not in control of your actions.

thats why the light does not leave the scarlet crusade, because despite being evil and insane they BELIEVE that they are right, so the light answers their call
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    watttttttttttttt

killing 100 demons
    doing 12 world quests
    looting 5 wyrmtongue chests

Fixed for you, since... NERF THIS happend.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it works, i guess. you can see when he flies up, he comes out in silithis, but the titan halls' entrance is in sholazar.

people have been wondering when this would show up though, so i'm guessing that's what this is. the pre-event to 7.3. i was worried it had been scrapped. i hope we get to hear azeroth's voice.
    I more wonder if that it's located there because how the game was built. Players get the illusion that things can connect - like when you enter an elevator you get a cinematic or something that shows you going up but the reality is you haven't moved, the room for the elevator is just a walkway to the next area.

So basically Northrend though we believe is north of Kalimdor, it was actually built south of Kalimdor and how they 'flew up' to be in Silithus, which is why you get Fatigue to stop players exposing the inner workings. You can probably remember a few of those times players have jumped through areas like going into Zul'gurub and finding themselves in the newer areas of Darkshore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, they're specifically from odyn.

so they should only be on azeroth.
    No, you are refering to the Val'kyr, spirit healers are from unknown origin and they inhabit the shadowlands (kinda like val'kyr but without serving any master nor good nor bad). Val'kyr were all once shieldmaidens went in a "special undead form" and there is no proof that spirit healers are even living beings.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-07-18 at 10:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    No, you are refering to the Val'kyr, spirit healers are from unknown origin and they inhabit the shadowlands (kinda like val'kyr but without serving any master nor good nor bad). Val'kyr were all once shieldmaidens went in a "special undead form" and there is no proof that spirit healers are even living beings.
    gosh.

chronicle vol.1 page 57

look it up.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-18 at 11:08 AM. Reason: wrong page number.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    watttttttttttttt

killing 100 demons
    doing 10 world quests
    looting 10 wyrmtongue chests

While I admit 7.2 had a lot of filler type material (of the kinds you detailed above), it did have some good story to it. Barring the Order Hall mount scenario there was also the Order Hall scenario before it (e.g. recruiting a new Champion and extended the Order Hall story), the Cathedral of Eternal Night, the various Legion Invasions and their story elements, the legendary profession quests, and the Artifact appearance quest-chains. I think they went a bit overboard with the wait mechanism in the form of World Quests and the meta-achievement while waiting for the opening of the tomb - probably could've scaled back on that in hindsight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

I think, he made good point about Alleria connection with void. She might become Illidan 2.0 where she might use void, to fight void.