Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The casting animations for Pyroblast and Flamestrike are STILL bugged on the new PTR build. They are still revered to the old casting animations, while two builds ago they used the significantly better new ones. It just looks so lame the a hardcast Pyro uses the same animation as Fireball.

Deleted
    Why is the live Arcane Blast animation the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidia View Post
    Why is the live Arcane Blast animation the old one?
    Blizzard decided to revert some of the changes because they didn't end up liking them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Blizzard decided to revert some of the changes because they didn't end up liking them.
    they have looked awsome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Why didn't they revert the Arcane Barrage? The old one already looked good, the new one just looks like an Arcane Missile. And all the new sounds are horrible compared to the old, also there's no casting sound.

Deleted
    What should i change in the settings (without sacrifising performance overall) in order to see the new blizzard ground effect? Previously i could see the cyrcle ground thingie, now with the new animations (and same graphic setting as before) i can only see the shards falling and not the ground effect

Yeah, the new sound of arcane missile and arcane blast are absolute crap, especially when they land on a enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why didn't they revert the Arcane Barrage? The old one already looked good, the new one just looks like an Arcane Missile. And all the new sounds are horrible compared to the old, also there's no casting sound.
    Fun thing, since the release on 7.3 i specced into arcane for fun and haven't noticed ABarr new animation... probably because i didn't use it at all. I feel like i'm doing arcane wrong.

But seriously i think arcane casting animation are kinda...bad? Our main nuke (and filler) casting animation didn't changed at all and it upsets me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Fun thing, since the release on 7.3 i specced into arcane for fun and haven't noticed ABarr new animation... probably because i didn't use it at all. I feel like i'm doing arcane wrong.

But seriously i think arcane casting animation are kinda...bad? Our main nuke (and filler) casting animation didn't changed at all and it upsets me
    The changes are subtle unless you have 4 charges, i happen to like the new arcane missiles...imho it looks a lot more MAGICAL hahaha...but that's the problem with games that don't offer a lot of customization, no matter how small the changes are...some ppl like them and some don't.

They could offer ways for ppl that liked the old animations to keep them, but Blizzard never does that sort of thing, glyphs could work well with that i imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    The changes are subtle unless you have 4 charges, i happen to like the new arcane missiles...imho it looks a lot more MAGICAL hahaha...but that's the problem with games that don't offer a lot of customization, no matter how small the changes are...some ppl like them and some don't.

They could offer ways for ppl that liked the old animations to keep them, but Blizzard never does that sort of thing, glyphs could work well with that i imagine.
    I've noticed that new casting animation works only on RoP, maybe it's me being dumb but i don't recall seeing new "big cast" animation while casting AB.

I would prefer AM to be a little more... chaotic when moving towards target, anyways i really like spell animations, it's just me wanting to see new casting animation a bit more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

For Frost, animations bug out all the time if you use items that change your appearance. I thought Ice lance coming from your side was a PTR bug/unfinished version, but it made it to live. And frostbolts pierce the target and disappear beehind it instead of splashing into the target.

Also the whole animation for pre-casting(the moves the character does in the first 0.1-0.2 sec) are completely awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    For Frost, animations bug out all the time if you use items that change your appearance. I thought Ice lance coming from your side was a PTR bug/unfinished version, but it made it to live. And frostbolts pierce the target and disappear beehind it instead of splashing into the target.

Also the whole animation for pre-casting(the moves the character does in the first 0.1-0.2 sec) are completely awful.
    intended design seems nice to me.
    But it is bugged yes. This is quite funny, but in combat there is no real problem about that. Just pixels that needs to be fixed.

All of the new Arcane spell animations are very bad. A serious downgrade. Especially Arcane Missiles and Arcane Explosion.

the ice lance animation just doesnt look good in combat. it looks good by itself, but as soon as you're moving and chaining it with other abilities it just looks awkward. love the ebonbolt and blizzard casting animations though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so the new Arcane Explosion animation is just mind-blowingly awesome.

I might switch to arcane just because of the new arcane animations. i have no arcane legos though Sephuz and Prydaz will have to do for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    intended design seems nice to me.
    But it is bugged yes. This is quite funny, but in combat there is no real problem about that. Just pixels that needs to be fixed.
    I mean with a lot of haste like during lust or something your hands only move once or twice when spamming il. They just get stuck in the air or at your side, it's extremely annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post

I might switch to arcane just because of the new arcane animations. i have no arcane legos though Sephuz and Prydaz will have to do for now.
    Are you shitting me ?? Its the most cancerous piece of fucking Shit they could have done... It was PERFECT before now its so bad it gives you a headache after 2minutes

Good Job Blizzard for updating something that didnt need any update

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    All of the new Arcane spell animations are very bad. A serious downgrade. Especially Arcane Missiles and Arcane Explosion.
    Yeah they are... Worst Part is as a Player you have no Option to Choose

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post

disagree. think its hideous. its way too solid colored, like they just ms painted the animation with purple. looks less detailed.

Since we are talking about animations...anyone else think Balance druid spells look hideous?
    They looked so cool before, when did they change them? Starsurge specially, looks god awful.

Yes and the sounds are very harsh. I wish I could replace Starsurge with the old sound but I can't find the soundid mapping and wowhead sounds is broken