Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If Brooklyn makes the playoffs, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice. They had 0 reason to tank last year as well, doesn't mean the roster has any talent. They traded away far and away their best player on top of everything.
    Safe bet knowing they won't do it in like 5 years min. Then again... the East, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If Brooklyn makes the playoffs, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice. They had 0 reason to tank last year as well, doesn't mean the roster has any talent. They traded away far and away their best player on top of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Safe bet knowing they won't do it in like 5 years min. Then again... the East, right?
    Yeah, playoffs is unlikely, but is it that crazy to think they could end up somewhere around that 9th to 12th spot in the East?

As it looks now next year's Draft will feature some 5 prospects that can change a franchise and apparently not that much behind it. 9th to 12th in the East and their chances at getting a good lottery position to get those players are swiftly vanishing.

And there's plenty of teams that want to tank and break down their team and get in a position to rebuild with high draftpicks.

I honestly believe that the '18 Nets pick will turn out to not be good enough to get one of those top 5 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleveland GM: "We don't like the info we got from the doctors on IT's hip, you guys are going to have to toss in more assets to make this deal work. We were thinking of the Clippers first rounder and maybe a player"

Cleveland GM: "Danny? So, we discussed it some more and we've decided that we would settle for either Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum to be added to the deal. Fair's fair right?"

Cleveland GM: "Is this the correct phone number? Danny, listen, people expect me to get this deal done and IT might be gone for for several weeks into the season, I can't face the public with this deal, you need to help me out here. Just add one of your first rounders and we'll call it a deal"

Cleveland GM 12 hours before the deal is due: "Danny please. If I don;t get anything after this deal has been in limbo this long it will look like you just completely played me. Please, just anything. This is my first year on the job here, I've got a family and kids to take care of. Danny, please!"

"Boston is sending Cleveland a 2020 second-round pick to complete the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade, league source tells ESPN."

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Los Angeles Lakers have been fined $500,000 for violating anti-tampering rules."

Vertical - Shams Charania

With regards to the Pacers and Paul George.

Not sure this really does anything. That's just half a million on top of whatever it costs to sign Paul George and LeBron James next season. Chump change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "The Los Angeles Lakers have been fined $500,000 for violating anti-tampering rules."

With regards to the Pacers and Paul George.

Not sure this really does anything. That's just half a million on top of whatever it costs to sign Paul George and LeBron James next season. Chump change.
    Is that the LeBruxury tax?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Is that the LeBruxury tax?
    Price of doing business, it seems. Few winks, some knowing looks, half a mill in fines, and you jump start a title contender.

Only works in LA though. (and probably NY)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Price of doing business, it seems. Few winks, some knowing looks, half a mill in fines, and you jump start a title contender.

Only works in LA though. (and probably NY)
    You would think that it fucking would work, but I've yet to see "big city + loads of $$$" to actually work in attracting anyone useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You would think that it fucking would work, but I've yet to see "big city + loads of $$$" to actually work in attracting anyone useful.
    Yeah, that's the weird thing... NY is always considered this Mecca of basketball, yet no one really wants to go play there and it hasn't been a relevant team since the Ewing/Stark teams. I mean, any given night the Sprewell teams or Lin/Melo teams will get you, but never a real contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, that's the weird thing... NY is always considered this Mecca of basketball, yet no one really wants to go play there and it hasn't been a relevant team since the Ewing/Stark teams. I mean, any given night the Sprewell teams or Lin/Melo teams will get you, but never a real contender.
    NY's probably is pretty similar to the Yankees problem from similar years. They paid for names, and brought in 1 or 2 entertaining guys, and they have no one else to back them up. It was a real shame with Melo, you could tell he just can't give a fuck when the rest of the team, coaches and staff included don't seem to give a fuck. I think they are starting to look stronger now, but they still don't have depth past starters. Depth is what makes contenders, unless you have prime Allen Iverson, then you can put the JV team out there and they will still win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    NY's probably is pretty similar to the Yankees problem from similar years. They paid for names, and brought in 1 or 2 entertaining guys, and they have no one else to back them up. It was a real shame with Melo, you could tell he just can't give a fuck when the rest of the team, coaches and staff included don't seem to give a fuck. I think they are starting to look stronger now, but they still don't have depth past starters. Depth is what makes contenders, unless you have prime Allen Iverson, then you can put the JV team out there and they will still win.

NY will never be relevant as long as the idiot who is in charge gets the fuck out. James Dolan is the definition of cancer.

What player would like to go play for a team that treats their legacy like a piece of worthless shit?

Heck, even Oakley filed a lawsuit against Dolan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    NY will never be relevant as long as the idiot who is in charge gets the fuck out. James Dolan is the definition of cancer.

What player would like to go play for a team that treats their legacy like a piece of worthless shit?

Heck, even Oakley filed a lawsuit against Dolan
    All I know is that dude took one of the best players in the league and what should have been an all time great, and made him worse than Lonzo Ball. Lonzo should have went to the Knicks, Lavar would have been a better GM for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melo to okc? Lmao and people saying it's great for okc? Melo is a never was who people promoted to basketball god because he honestly looks like a perfect ball player with his measurable and people like his attitude. Maybe as a sixth man this makes sense...nice contract dump of kanter though!

- - - Updated - - -

Melo was a valid all pro for like two years. Never a top player...
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP greatest nba duo all time #StacheBros

Dammit I still have my Melo jersey. Now it's invalid. And I already felt self conscious like a fag the three times I wore it, since, despite NBA's commercials promoting their wear, I never actually see people in basketball clothes.

- - - Updated - - -

Click it guys: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...72182060453893

LeBron James has never been afraid to show criticism toward President Donald Trump. Now that Trump has rescinded his invitation to the White House following comments made by Stephen Curry, James has once again taken a shot at the president.

James went on Twitter to express is feelings toward Trump, calling him a bum and saying that vising the White House is no longer the honor it once was with Trump now in office.

U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
    — LeBron James (@KingJames) September 23, 2017

������������������������
    — David West (@D_West30) September 23, 2017

You won't @ him tho ������������������ https://t.co/6qoP5zoe0y
    — James Michael McAdoo (@jamesmcadoo) September 23, 2017

Other players across the league also chimed in:

The things this trump guy says sheesh
    — Jordan McRae (@JordyMac52) September 23, 2017

How you gonna withdraw an invite that somebody already said they weren't attending? ������������
    — Bradley Beal (@RealDealBeal23) September 23, 2017

With everything that's going on in our country, why are YOU focused on who's kneeling and visiting the White House??? #StayInYoLane
    — Chris Paul (@CP3) September 23, 2017

And I doubt he's man enough to call any of those players a son of a bitch to their face...
    — Chris Paul (@CP3) September 23, 2017

������������������������������ ������������������ https://t.co/Vw8JUw2Xsk
    — Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) September 23, 2017

������Im dying https://t.co/SdAoR9rFRb
    — Jaylen Brown (@FCHWPO) September 23, 2017

As members across the league come out in support of Curry, it's become quite clear where the NBA as a whole stands on this situation.
    Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...cinded-invite/

Deleted
    Melo, Westbrook and PG in the same team? They gonna play with 3 balls or what?

Trade might fall through.

Regardless I think Melo is going to be placed regularly at the 4 or 5 to spread the floor. Every once in a while they'll let HoodieMelo out to play the 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit I still have my Melo jersey. Now it's invalid. And I already felt self conscious like a fag the three times I wore it, since, despite NBA's commercials promoting their wear, I never actually see people in basketball clothes.

- - - Updated - - -

Click it guys: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...72182060453893

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...cinded-invite/
    I wouldn't be surprised if Donald Trump had a better finals record than Lebron.

Edit:. You know the dude is a goat when the only shade you can throw at him is talking about how hairline and how he's been to the finals about 300 times and only won like 160 of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Lebron gets a lot of shit because he actually is the best player in the league and people just want to make it controversial and act like there's a debate about it because it's boring to say "for the 10th year in a row, Lebron is the best player in the league". In contrast, everyone builds up KD because he's #2 and they want to act like he's actually competitive with LBJ.

If Lebron got caught with fake twitter accounts like KD did this summer, people would lose their minds. But it's KD so they let it go and then start talking about how the throne might have passed from Lebron in the finals (it didn't. Lebron's finals stats: 33 pts on 56% shooting, 12 rebs, 10 assist, 1 steal 1 block).
    Bruh.. fuck KD. And I'm a KD fan, but I'm still on him for being a snake and going to Golden State. I get leaving to go play for a competitive team. But you don't go from a competitive team to the competitive team that just beat you, barely.

Seriously KDs been on an embarrassing warpath for the past year it seems. Him and Trump could go blow for blow on embarrassing themselves. I mean I'm barely holding on from when he said Kyrie was better than Iverson.

Take twitter accounts? Elaborate.

KD wanted to criticise OKC last week. So he got on Twitter to talk shit. Except he thought he logged in to a sock account. But he was on his verified account.

And what does he get for this incredibly immature behavior. People saying it's ok because he earned it or some shit. To be fair, he did own his mistake and childish behavior. But people are giving him credit for doing what he is supposed to do and own up to his BS.

Durant was caught using a burner account to "debate" with his fans anonymously. In this instance, however, he was trashing his former organization and teammates saying how Westbrook was the only real help he had and that Billy Donavan and the Thunder were sub-par. Some twitter users screenshotted it all, did some crazy research tracing his burner account's name to the street intersections that he grew up on, and exposed him. Craziest thing is Durant owned up to it, but denied (read: lied) that he was using a burner account.

I can only imagine the hate he gets. If he reads it all, it's no wonder he feels compelled to defend himself. Quite the faux pas for someone that high profile, though. And yet, it'll blow over as quickly as all the other stuff.

Edit: McFuu with the Kung-foo