Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Can we have our cigars back now?

As the title references, I find it a little odd how the top brass at blizzard chooses to sensor their work.

In HoTS they removed Tychus' cigar, and Gazlowe's cigar.

In Overwatch they changed a victory pose of Tracer for being too provocative.

Now they conclude Tychus' bulging banana hammock is kid friendly.

[sarcasm]We all know only woman can be objectified and it is only sexism when it objectifies women.[/sarcasm]

I'm not personally bothered, just noting the clear double standard. But, does this mean they can have their cigars back? Also does this mean we can we look forward to a Summer thong Sylvanas down the road?

To recap a big NO for

And a big YES for

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cigar ban has to do with the country laws.
    Tracer's pose wasn't removed only because it is provocative.
    It's not a crime to be a sexy monster like Tychus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Cigar ban has to do with the country laws.
    Tracer's pose wasn't removed only because it is provocative.
    It's not a crime to be a sexy monster like Tychus.
    I had forgotten that was the reason for the cigar removal. It's odd seeing how they left McCree's cigar in Overwatch and I'm sure the game ships to the same countries.

To be fair, the removal of Tracer's pose was mostly due to community "outrage", which would instead imply a double standard on the part of the community. Still, I feel Blizz is also partially at fault, as well, for caving in.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-06-29 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the change to Tracer's pose came from it being too sexual (despite that one person complaining it was), seeing as the new pose is just as sexual, in my opinion. It's just simply more "Tracer'ish" now, and I approve of the change because of that.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-06-29 at 04:16 PM.

Cigar's were changed due to certain legal restrictions.

Tracer's pose was not changed due to "being too provocative", since they replaced it with another even more sexy pose, it's just the first pose was low quality and didn't fit the character.

Banana hammock I think is within legal guidelines so it's not a problem.

Good point on McCree's cigar though, my guess is that as a cumulative effect HotS needed it out but since Overwatch has so little ratings hits it can afford to have one with McCree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit about Tracer pose.

Some random feminist went mad and made an mess on OW forums, demanding change pose. And blizz in thier utter failure did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Bullshit about Tracer pose.

Some random feminist went mad and made an mess on OW forums, demanding change pose. And blizz in thier utter failure did it.
    Oh yeah and in their utter failure they changed it in literally a PIN UP pose. Damn feminist and their victories!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Oh yeah and in their utter failure they changed it in literally a PIN UP pose. Damn feminist and their victories!
    Yep because that mess only confirmed they don't have balls to say feminists. "No fuk off"

They should at least rename the new skins to something more appropriate like "Donkey Dick Tychus"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep because that mess only confirmed they don't have balls to say feminists. "No fuk off"
    What is there to even complain about? The new pose is just simply better and more fitting for Tracer, and it's just as "sexual" as the old pose. I'd say that is the "fuk off" from Blizzard, as the sexuality of it was not addressed.

All in all, the reasoning for the change is irrelevant. The new pose is simply better for Tracer. Besides, the old pose still exists in it's sexual glory for other female characters.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-06-29 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What is there to even complain about? The new pose is just simply better and more fitting for Tracer, and it's just as "sexual" as the old pose. I'd say that is the "fuk off" from Blizzard, as the sexuality of it was not addressed.

All in all, the reasoning for the change is irrelevant. The new pose is simply better for Tracer. Besides, the pose still exists in it's sexual glory for other female characters.
    It was never about Tracer's sexuality...it was about how the pose was sexual in a way that didn't fit Tracer's Character. Nobody complained about Widowmaker's pose that's almost the exact same pose as Tracer's...because that kind of flaunting sexuality fits with the character. Tracer's new pose is still very sexual...but lines up better with the character.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    I had forgotten that was the reason for the cigar removal. It's odd seeing how they left McCree's cigar in Overwatch and I'm sure the game ships to the same countries.
    May ahve something to do with F2P/B2P?

Deleted
    My friend, when you will run a company you will understand that there are multiple way to "troll" people or say "No fuk off". And Blizzard did it the great way with Tracer pose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    My friend, when you will run a company you will understand that there are multiple way to "troll" people or say "No fuk off". And Blizzard did it the great way with Tracer pose.

All in all, the reasoning for the change is irrelevant. The new pose is simply better for Tracer. Besides, the old pose still exists in it's sexual glory for other female characters.
    Why you lie yourselves? It is good?

Nvm... /chars.

it was nothing of the sort. Blizz didn't show anyone up or intended to. A bunch of people just fell hook line and sinker for an imagined controversy conjured up by click bait websites who wanted ad money. If anything it was the people complaining about the change that were left to feel like idiots because they never had any ground to stand on, which was what blizzard had said right in the beginning...

Blizz changed one sensual pose that didn't fit the character to an equally sensual pose (based on a classic pin up pose) that did fit the character. Simple as that. The "controversy" was entirely departed from them and only went as far as to be exasperating because each and every discussion topic that had nothing to do with it was poisoned by it...for months.

Also the cigars were removed because of many countries that have varying policies around smoking or depiction of smoking in the media. Countries have widely differing rules, restrictions and allowances. They all work in different ways and have different ways to go around them that dont in other places. Some are straight out bans while others are restrictions while others yet again affect content rankings. Blizz didn't want to fuss about dancing between different country's rules for HoTs and just removed it altogether because it wasn't important. its the same reason real life contests are restricted to certain countries or why previously certain countries didn't have access to WoW services.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-06-29 at 05:24 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

To be fair, the removal of Tracer's pose was mostly due to community "outrage", which would instead imply a double standard on the part of the community. Still, I feel Blizz is also partially at fault, as well, for caving in.

The removal of Tracer's pose was due to:
    1 - They had a better one, which fitted more with her "light and quick" motions - we got the pose were she's standing on one leg, flexing the other, with as much ass as before.
    2 - One weirdo bullshiting on the overwatch general discussion about the pose.

Keep in mind that reason 1 vastly outweighted reason 2. Hell, they already had the new pose ready for the next ptr patch. The decision was already made. Media told you that the removal was due to community outrage.

I think Overwatch and Heroes have different minimun age to play, and are rated differently by whatever organization does that in the states.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The removal of Tracer's pose was due to:
    1 - They had a better one, which fitted more with her "light and quick" motions - we got the pose were she's standing on one leg, flexing the other, with as much ass as before.
    2 - One weirdo bullshiting on the overwatch general discussion about the pose.

Keep in mind that reason 1 vastly outweighted reason 2. Hell, they already had the new pose ready for the next ptr patch. The decision was already made. Media told you that the removal was due to community outrage.

I think Overwatch and Heroes have different minimun age to play, and are rated differently by whatever organization does that in the states.
    Fair enough, Jeff Kaplan's original response in the official Overwatch forums back then seemed to illicit sympathy to the idea that it was overly sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kaplan
    "We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented. Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better."
    Then though, the replacement made no sense if that was indeed the goal, and the first pose supposedly didn't reflect said goals.

Here in the States the ESRB rating is the same for both games.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis...itle=Overwatch

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis...s+of+the+Storm

Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-06-29 at 06:20 PM.

I don't think the change to Tracer's pose came from it being too sexual (despite that one person complaining it was), seeing as the new pose is just as sexual, in my opinion. It's just simply more "Tracer'ish" now, and I approve of the change because of that.
    actually that "one person" did NOT

they claimed it was out of character. Hence her new pose showing off her ass but it being more fun. You dont strike that pose unless you specifcially want to just show people your ass

Like she LITERALLY has the same post, the only difference is that she has one leg up and is brandishing her weapons. her latexed butt is still pointed at the camera deliberately.
    They-just-wanted-a-more-in-character-pose
    ----------------

And yea funny how OP calls it a double standard when its not...the same thing at all...

One is a disgusting dried leaves with poison in em people smoke because of a illegal marketing campaign that tricked people into thinking it wasnt horribly unhealthy that resulted in thousands of people getting cancer.

the other is a swimming suit.

Also lets not forget that Tychus's costume is 100% ironic and for laughs. Despite the fact that most gamers are not straight men, man eye candy is super rare. This is not it. we can use it as it but it was Obviously put in as a joke.

Furthermore the Cigars add nothing to the character so like....

i mean you lose literally nothing by them not having em.

main reason so many of these characters have em is because blizz was founded by a bunch of 20-40 year old guys who liked metalica and are unhealthily into "Metal-Bro" culture(this is a joke)
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2017-07-08 at 12:07 PM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    a nice woman ass need to be censored but lets release naked skins of a man
    love double standards

Deleted
    You DO know that they changed Tracers pose, to an actual old pin-up pose? So the cry that "erhmagerd feminazi ruin it!" is really stupid.