Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Guardian Artifact Challenge

    Holy crap!

    So I tried the challenge earlier today and it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I didn't even get into P2 but that's because I ran out of shards; however, I honestly don't feel like I have the DPS to get that far. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for this? Is it even possible without the legendary bracers?

    Here's my armory -

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...llidan/darlais

  2. #2
    I'd imagine it's quite hard without second legendary and 896 ilvl no luffa's.
    I did it when it first released at 906 ilvl with sephuz and luffa.

  3. #3
    I tried it today at 903 and I just can't see a world where I get this done at this iLVL (and without luffas) without Mark of Ursoc

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    I tried it today at 903 and I just can't see a world where I get this done at this iLVL (and without luffas) without Mark of Ursoc
    Damn

    What other legendary did you have? Did you have any thrash relics? Trinkets? How many attempts? Was this your first attempt or something?

    Hearing this is somewhat discouraging and I hope you don't mind me asking but are you sure it isn't a learn2play factor on your part? I get that being 903 and without Luffa's puts you at a disadvantage, but I don't know how hard it is not without MoU

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    Damn

    What other legendary did you have? Did you have any thrash relics? Trinkets? How many attempts? Was this your first attempt or something?

    Hearing this is somewhat discouraging and I hope you don't mind me asking but are you sure it isn't a learn2play factor on your part? I get that being 903 and without Luffa's puts you at a disadvantage, but I don't know how hard it is not without MoU
    Hey there I'll respond best I can. First off, definitely not a l2p factor. I've been paying this game since literally vanilla beta, I have a strong and deep understanding of the game and mechanics. I completed the balance druid one (my main spec) in less than five attempts without watching a video.

    The thing is you just need a ton of damage for phase one of this challenge and I'm not there. I mainspec balance so my guardian weapons are only 906. My overall iLVL is about 905 now that I got a couple of upgrades this week. I have no thrash relics and I have used eko/kbw/shoulders. Best combo so far has been EKo with KBW. The trinket one shots the adds. I'm watching videos of people sustaining 600k on the boss meanwhile I can only do about 480 and that's if I really push it. I tried about 30 times this reset and wasn't even consistently getting through phase 1. I went ahead and had people in the guardian discord look into my profile and the general consesus was "you don't stand a chance at 905 with those legendaries and that gear"

    All of this being said. I am 100% confident I can do it without luffas. My biggest issue now is how insane I have to micromanage everything in phase 1. When I compare how I play vs successful videos of people 15 iLVL ahead of me I am executing far better (no eye knock backs. Great timing and pacing etc). I just need more throughput at this point. And honestly I'm ok with that. I am a normal mode raider who occasionally dabbles in heroic. Eventually I'll be at like 915 and it'll be more than possible. But for now, it's just not happening.
    Last edited by jallfo; 2017-07-03 at 03:24 AM.

  6. #6
    Not sure if they have changed this since the patch but you can tag Variss with a moonfire and run to the edge of the platform behind Velen. When he gets close enough, Velen will melee him for 10-15M dmg over the course of the phase 1. If you are having trouble with dmg this might help you get through phase 1 easier so you can at least see phase 2 and practice that part of the fight.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    Not sure if they have changed this since the patch but you can tag Variss with a moonfire and run to the edge of the platform behind Velen. When he gets close enough, Velen will melee him for 10-15M dmg over the course of the phase 1. If you are having trouble with dmg this might help you get through phase 1 easier so you can at least see phase 2 and practice that part of the fight.

    Tried this. It's super inconsistent but does work somewhat. One strategy that I didn't try was popping incarn and drums in p1. This could be a potential solution to my low dps woes but then I feel like I am super screwed in P2.


    My character is If @ thrall if anyone is interested.

  8. #8
    I still haven't defeated this challenge yet either, but my problem is with Phase 2 and taking too many ticks of the fire patches (I'm trying to figure out that sweet spot where I can be close enough to Velen to protect him, close enough to Kruul to stun, Mangle, and Maul him, but far enough away that I can avoid his leap). With that said, maybe I can offer some advice for Phase 1.

    Phase 1 isn't a DPS race other than reducing the number of infernals you'll have during phase 2. If you have Ekowraith then you can spec Balance Affinity and spam Thrash from outside the pool of poop around Variss. Pop Incarnation right after interrupting the first Drain Life, use it to kill the first set of adds all while keeping Thrash and Moonfire up on Variss. When the first Infernal comes out pop a healing orb. Use Rage of the Sleeper on the second wave of adds to leech back to full health (at this point that first infernal should have dropped into its vulnerable state so Mangling it will heal you for A LOT). Then for every wave after that you'll pop a healing orb when the adds converge on Velen and then AoE them down. You just generally want to save one healing orb (which is why I skip using it for the second set of adds) for the start of Phase 2 when the transition is scariest.

    I hope some of that helps.

    I'm also open to advice from others about my phase 2 issues!
    Last edited by Ac3v3n7uRa; 2017-07-04 at 01:15 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    Hey there I'll respond best I can. First off, definitely not a l2p factor. I've been paying this game since literally vanilla beta, I have a strong and deep understanding of the game and mechanics. I completed the balance druid one (my main spec) in less than five attempts without watching a video.
    What does this even mean? Playing the game for a long time doesn't make you good, also the balance challenge is just a test of how well you can run in circles and spam moonfire and starfall. I did it on my alt druid at 897 ilvl with cinidaria and skysec's hold equipped without even trying.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    The thing is you just need a ton of damage for phase one of this challenge and I'm not there. I mainspec balance so my guardian weapons are only 906. My overall iLVL is about 905 now that I got a couple of upgrades this week. I have no thrash relics and I have used eko/kbw/shoulders. Best combo so far has been EKo with KBW. The trinket one shots the adds. I'm watching videos of people sustaining 600k on the boss meanwhile I can only do about 480 and that's if I really push it. I tried about 30 times this reset and wasn't even consistently getting through phase 1. I went ahead and had people in the guardian discord look into my profile and the general consesus was "you don't stand a chance at 905 with those legendaries and that gear"
    Phase 1 is not a DPS check at all, in fact for science I was able to survive for 10 minutes before i got bored and left on my Balance mainspec druid, 910 ilvl with sephuz and kjbw.

    If you aren't consistently getting through phase 1 then it is definitely not a gear issue. Phase 1 is all about control, are you even using your utility properly? If you're not regularly typhooning, skull bashing and incap roaring casts then you're doing it wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    All of this being said. I am 100% confident I can do it without luffas. My biggest issue now is how insane I have to micromanage everything in phase 1. When I compare how I play vs successful videos of people 15 iLVL ahead of me I am executing far better (no eye knock backs. Great timing and pacing etc). I just need more throughput at this point. And honestly I'm ok with that. I am a normal mode raider who occasionally dabbles in heroic. Eventually I'll be at like 915 and it'll be more than possible. But for now, it's just not happening.
    Getting knocked back by the eyes isn't an issue and just because you avoid it that doesn't make you good or capable of doing the fight properly. You could purposely get knocked back by every eye and do the fight fine, all it does is make you miss 1 or 2 gcds. Luffas really isn't necessary at all, it's just good because it does very good damage without needing to be on the target, the extra range is not an issue as you can thrash from outside the dnd circle anyway.

    You should easily be able to do it with your character. Having 915 would make the fight an utter joke because you could zerg the whole thing in like 2 minutes.

  10. #10
    Hi there, thanks for the reply. I am going to take the optimistic approach to your response and hope you were trying to help instead of be a standard cynical MMO champ responder..... So with that in mind here we go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    What does this even mean? Playing the game for a long time doesn't make you good, also the balance challenge is just a test of how well you can run in circles and spam moonfire and starfall. I did it on my alt druid at 897 ilvl with cinidaria and skysec's hold equipped without even trying.
    I completely agree that you can play something for a long time and suck at it (My golf game is definitely a testament to this). However, I'd also contend that the longer you play something the more proficient you are at evaluating skill. The reason I mentioned that in my reply was to show that I've played this game long enough to know when it's me just playing bad vs other factors causing my failure. I am, in no way, afraid to admit when I am clearly doing something wrong or am sucking. Healing is one of these cases. I'm terrible at it and I haven't even tried the resto challenge because how embarrassingly bad I am at healing. Tanking is a totally different story - I know what I am doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Phase 1 is not a DPS check at all, in fact for science I was able to survive for 10 minutes before i got bored and left on my Balance mainspec druid, 910 ilvl with sephuz and kjbw. If you aren't consistently getting through phase 1 then it is definitely not a gear issue. Phase 1 is all about control, are you even using your utility properly? If you're not regularly typhooning, skull bashing and incap roaring casts then you're doing it wrong.
    So I have a few things to comment on here:

    - The mage tower was down for the week when I posted.... So I find it highly unlikely that you actually went in and did what you say you did.
    - If you did (maybe you were on EU or something... but their tower seemed to go up this morning) you were still 7 iLVLs higher. In a world with exponential gear scaling - that's a huge of a difference. If we want to get really picky I'd suggest that you are actually probably a lot higher than 910 at this point given that you were 906 in April and legendary upgrades alone would put you at 910. Furthermore, I have just got to believe you have better things to do with your time then login and try this out just to prove someone in a random MMO champion thread that they're wrong.
    - Surviving for 10 minutes and actually doing P1 correctly are two totally different things. I can survive indefinitely if I keep using orbs. However, I've been doing my best to save a couple for P2.
    - To answer your question: Yes I am using my abilities to the fullest. I have a set rotation for adds of KBW, RotS, KBW, Orbs. Skull bash is used to mitigate the nuke damage. Roar is used as needed as well.

    Per your post history - you seem to be a pretty objective and fact driven person. Surely then you'll understand how not all iLVL's are treated the same. If you're like me and are carrying a super low weapon (906) with shit relics (Armor...) you're going to perform far worse than someone who has otherwise geared more appropriately. Remember you did this with a 895 angerboda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Getting knocked back by the eyes isn't an issue and just because you avoid it that doesn't make you good or capable of doing the fight properly. You could purposely get knocked back by every eye and do the fight fine, all it does is make you miss 1 or 2 gcds. Luffas really isn't necessary at all, it's just good because it does very good damage without needing to be on the target, the extra range is not an issue as you can thrash from outside the dnd circle anyway.

    You should easily be able to do it with your character. Having 915 would make the fight an utter joke because you could zerg the whole thing in like 2 minutes.
    I think you're focusing too much on one thing I said and not looking at the point I was trying to get across. I'm sitting here watching videos of people that are 10 iLVL's higher than me absolutely bastardize their attempt but still clear it just fine. So yes, I completely agree with you that at 915 this encounter should be relatively trivial. Furthermore, I literally said in my last post that luffas isn't necessary. So I am not exactly sure why you felt the need to bring that up again.

    I will still contend that I shouldn't have been able to "Easily" do it with my 903 rando geared toon that I was trying with this week. You yourself are a testament to that considering you were struggling with 906 + Mark of Ursol.

    People in this thread are just trying to help each other out. I get that you (kind of) were too. But there's no need to talk down to people, especially when we can see your post history where you were having trouble before P1 of the encounter was made way harder....
    Last edited by jallfo; 2017-07-04 at 02:25 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    I will still contend that I shouldn't have been able to "Easily" do it with my 903 rando geared toon that I was trying with this week. You yourself are a testament to that considering you were struggling with 906 + Mark of Ursol.

    People in this thread are just trying to help each other out. I get that you (kind of) were too. But there's no need to talk down to people, especially when we can see your post history where you were having trouble before P1 of the encounter was made way harder....
    Except I posted that after trying it about 6 times and not even fully understanding the mechanics. I put time into learning it and killed it the same week. But feel free to get super buttmad and browse post histories if it makes you feel better buddy.

    If you can't do it in 903 gear then it is entirely a you problem, not a gear problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    - To answer your question: Yes I am using my abilities to the fullest. I have a set rotation for adds of KBW, RotS, KBW, Orbs. Skull bash is used to mitigate the nuke damage. Roar is used as needed as well.
    The adds die in a thrash and a couple of swipes. If you're saving big abilities to deal with them then you're horribly mistaken on what you should be doing.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2017-07-04 at 03:18 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Except I posted that after trying it about 6 times and not even fully understanding the mechanics. I put time into learning it and killed it the same week. But feel free to get super buttmad and browse post histories if it makes you feel better buddy.

    If you can't do it in 903 gear then it is entirely a you problem, not a gear problem.



    The adds die in a thrash and a couple of swipes. If you're saving big abilities to deal with them then you're horribly mistaken on what you should be doing.
    I just don't understand why everyone always has to have a chip on their shoulder on the internet. Being more positive or encouraging instead of painfully passive aggressive seriously wouldn't kill you man - and it would make other people feel a lot better in the process. I understand you not wanting to be called out on your blatant bullshit you said earlier, but if you're going to say shit like that you have gotta expect a response that's similar.

    Here's the deal man, the fight is objectively harder now than when you finished it. If I could go back and do it then I gladly would have, but I wasn't even playing for the majority of 7.2. Unfortunately I'm here now in a funky place because my guardian set is shit and I am trying to figure out how to do it next reset. Am I doing the fight 100% perfectly? Of course not. I know that I'm doing a damn good job given my current situation and was looking to improve on that. Instead I just have a dude seagull fly-by shitting on me in a thread. Sweet. So I'll change my stance here "I am a terrible no good awful guardian druid - please help my totally worthless ass figure out how to do this challenge after the MoU removal". Hopefully that makes you feel better now and you'll actually try and be constructive from now on.

    With regards to your last comment: Adds most definitely do not die in a thrash and two swipes for me. I don't have thrash relics and getting them dead even in a warstomp doesn't happen all of the time. This is easily my #1 issue in P1. You can sit here and say "Lul get gud" all you want, but no amount of positioning or button pressing is going to change how effective I am in those GCDs... if shit isn't dying it isn't dying. So as a result I've had to resort to things like planning out my KBW / RotS usage to actually down them fast enough.

    If you have other suggestions. I am all ears.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlais View Post
    Holy crap!

    So I tried the challenge earlier today and it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I didn't even get into P2 but that's because I ran out of shards; however, I honestly don't feel like I have the DPS to get that far. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for this? Is it even possible without the legendary bracers?

    Here's my armory -
    Well i did it without luffas, and i did it 2 days ago (3/8) that means, without Mark of Ursol.
    I am not a big bear, and i cant say i understand the mechanics of the tanking bear 100%.

    How did i do it?
    First if you can get some range on your trash and swipe ( on my case i was using legy chest and balance affinity, giving both spells 17 yards range) you can dps inquisitor even staying outside the decay area. Yes, sometimes u do need to go there to interrupt using skull bash, but if u get 3-4 stacks you are doing nothing wrong actually.

    Very important tips i can give you:
    - you can use your roar to stop the adds ONCE THEY START CASTING, this means if you plan not using an orb to stop then, let them cast THEN use your roar.. they will be a bit immune for like 2-3 seconds, but they wont cast it again ( atleast till they die - note that they die in 5-6 seconds max )
    - make a macro to target eyes if you are have problems with it ( i have something like /target eye /cast moonfire /targetlasttarget ) so u keep always inquisitor as your target.
    - assuming you can do my first tip, keep moving around the decay area and running away from infernals. They will eventually die overtime, and will get SWIPED and TRASHED as well.
    - u need almost no RAGE for phase 1, use it for a Maul everytime you go inside to interrupt ( some extra damage is always welcome)
    - when u do need to go inside, mangle the boss, let him cast you one or two magic spells THEN use self heal. ( reduce cost, and more healing duo to damage received )

    Phase 2:
    - most important rule for me : DONT PANIC. the time i did it, was the first time i got him lower as 6-7%. I got repeating to myself "dont panic, dont panic, dont panic"
    - most of my fails attempts was duo to the knockbacks from those infernals that i couldn't just pay attenction and ending falling off the platfform.
    - i dont consider myself extrem overgear ( maybe to the point it helps, but to extremly overgeared) and those jumps and pools still hurts as ****! I wasn'T manage to do it, but if you are fast enough you can interrupt him middle air.
    - another thing that still hurts, are those Annihilates. the first one you can deal with 1-2 stacks ironfur, after that get ready to start using cods. Therefore if you are using def cods on Phase 1, try something else OR make sure you have them up for Phase 2..
    - and NEVER, i mean NEVER let him cast twisted reflextions, or it will harder, because the second phase is mostly a DPS phase, and that is because you should get a forth Annihilate.. IF you do, you will probably die on the fifth..

    LAST but not the LEAST:
    keep training, at the begining, i was having hard time on Phase 1, after 30-40 tries i manage to understand it, and was doing it without any problems and without the first 1 & half / 2 mins.

    Then you only need to learn Phase 2.

    I did enchant my Rings before i try to do it.
    I did every run with flask, speed food buff ( beartartar )
    I used runes on most of the tries.. the time i did it, i had no rune poped up.
    I had no Luffas.
    I had 1 dps trinket
    I was 907 equiped

    can'T really post my armory, but search for my armory at EU - Moonglade - Røar

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The adds die in a thrash and a couple of swipes. If you're saving big abilities to deal with them then you're horribly mistaken on what you should be doing.
    When I did the challenge at ilvl 903 with three thrash relics (weapon ilvl 904, prydaz and sephuz) it still required two thrashes alongside a couple of swipes to kill the adds. So without those relics, he's likely looking at three of them to kill those.

    @jallfo
    Easiest way is probably just to farm those thrash relics/ better gear, because dealing with those adds in p2 will be quite a bit harder than in p1, when you have to dodge the stomps while grabbing them off Velen. Though, if you want to try, you can always interrupt the adds using incapacitating roar. You just have to make sure, that you interrupt the channel(i.e. when it actually deals damage), and not the first cast. That way netherstorm is put on a cooldown and they'll just melee you. You may need to delay a thrash though, as the adds become immune to damage during incapacitating roar.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlais View Post
    Holy crap!

    So I tried the challenge earlier today and it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I didn't even get into P2 but that's because I ran out of shards; however, I honestly don't feel like I have the DPS to get that far. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for this? Is it even possible without the legendary bracers?

    Here's my armory -

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...llidan/darlais
    Hey! So like you I struggled with this challenge for a while but got it down the last week before 7.2.5 changes. Couple points I'll make that I see based off your char and my experience with the challenge I found most helpful:
    - At 896 with one leggo it will be virtually impossible, especially with no more MoU to eat magic damage in P1. I got it down at 906 (again, pre MoU removal), I'd say 905+ with Luffas/eko, 910+ w/o
    - Eko or Luffas reduce the difficulty of this challenge TREMENDOUSLY (outrange the aura on the ground to maintain Thrash stacks on boss)
    - I ran Brambles, Charge, Balance Aff, Bash, Incarn, Survival Instincts, R&T (I had Elize's - Pulverize will work fine)
    - Your one leg Cindaria is actually pretty decent for this encounter as the leeching and plethora of mobs spawning = crazy healing and burst. Always have Thrash saved for when they spawn

    Its certainly 'doable' at ilvl 900 w/o luffas or Eko but the difficulty will be incredibly higher, requiring near-perfect play, good RNG, and 100s of attempts

    Without luffas/Eko:
    P1:
    Prepot + MF off the pull and Thrash boss from the "sweet spot" (just out of range of getting the stacking debuff, but still in range to hit boss with Thrash - finding this spot is key, and it can be pretty frustrating throughout P1). As soon as first Drain Life goes off, Interrupt, Bash, Incarn, and start spamming the shit out of Thrash while getting yourself back to the "sweet spot". You should still have Incarn rolling for the first wave of adds and Thrash spam them down. Once Incarn drops, retag boss with MF, get all the eyes that have spawned tagged with MF, and keep hitting the sweet spot to refresh Thrash on boss as much as possible. From this point on, you are going to have to say on the move as Infernals will be spawning. Don't prioritize Infernals, just stay on the move (I tried to maintain a clockwise movement around boss), but tag these with MF/Thrash when possible. 2nd wave of adds use Rage of the Sleeper, 3rd wave use Brambles, and never hesitate to use an orb if you get dangerously low when adds come out or can't burst them before they get their casts off. Now most likely while all this is going on, you will be accidently picking up stacks trying to maintain Thrash on boss. If Drain Life comes up while you already have 2+ stacks, use Incap Roar to interrupt Boss to allow you to refresh stacks more often. Outside of all that, just try to maintain Thrash/MF on Inquis and never miss a Drain Life and he'll go down (aim should be P2 transition at about ~3 minutes) edit: forgot to mention, always tag eyes with MF asap!! 1-2 are easy to deal with but dont get overwhelmed by them

    P2: Upon entering P2 your Incarn should be back up, or very close. As soon as its up pop Drums + Pot + Incarn + Rage of the Sleeper(if possible try and save this towards the end of P1, if not, no biggie). When first Annihilate comes up use Incap Roar > Orb > Bash > Orb to chain interrupt/stun delay it. Make sure Twisted Reflection is interrupted (just like Drain Life in p1) or its a wipe. Let his second Annhilate go thru and just focus on staying on the move and deal with adds until Annihilate #3 comes. Use the same stun rotation Incap > Orb > Bash > Orb and burn boss from that point on and you should have him. I can't express how important it is to stay on the move (his hitbox is huge) throughout both phases to 1. avoid Infernal slams 2. avoid Kruul leaps in p2

    I had 120ish attempts running Elize/Trinket at ilvl 899-901 and best was 7% (mind you, I hadn't developed the chain stun/interrupt P2 strat until 100+ attempts). With Luffas it took me about 15 attempts.

    Hope any of this helps, it really is a bit of a clusterfuck and RNG can be a bitch. GL!
    Last edited by CptBlasto; 2017-07-05 at 03:20 PM.

  16. #16
    @CptBlasto : Thanks so much for the detailed writeup. Overall, this was pretty close to my strategy with one huge exception. I never really tried using Incarnation because a huge majority of my attempts were done using shoulders which is better with GG. When it comes back up again I'll try using inc and see how that helps. I only tried probably 30x last time it was up. Your insight is also good for P2 because I've not had a ton of experience with it.
    @stormgust It's definitely the second cast that wrecks me. I do agree though, it's one of those "iLVL will fix all" situations. More HP to soak the damage, adds dying faster etc will be hugely beneficial when I try again. I am already at 906 now (so 3 iLVL higher than my first 30 or so attempts) so hopefully I can get it this week.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    @CptBlasto : Thanks so much for the detailed writeup. Overall, this was pretty close to my strategy with one huge exception. I never really tried using Incarnation because a huge majority of my attempts were done using shoulders which is better with GG. When it comes back up again I'll try using inc and see how that helps. I only tried probably 30x last time it was up. Your insight is also good for P2 because I've not had a ton of experience with it.
    @stormgust It's definitely the second cast that wrecks me. I do agree though, it's one of those "iLVL will fix all" situations. More HP to soak the damage, adds dying faster etc will be hugely beneficial when I try again. I am already at 906 now (so 3 iLVL higher than my first 30 or so attempts) so hopefully I can get it this week.
    Dude just go with what CptBlasto said, it's pretty close to how I managed it at 895 ilvl in April, though I did have 3 Trash relics (two of them 860, so goes to show how important their bonus effect actually is) and Luffas. You can make up for some of that dmg with the new traits and concordance though, since back then I only barely had traits up to Pawsitive Outlook.

    The most important talent for this fight is definitely Incarnation - just don't even bother wasting time without it if you don't have really good gear. You need to use it correctly in phase 1 and 2 like CptBlasto described, and don't skimp out on your consumables for the Phase 2 Incarnation burst and go all out with Drums and Old War potion on top of the regular Flask/Food/Rune combo. Trust me you will see a huge difference when you swap to Incarnation.
    Nintendo FC: 1864-9765-3980 --- Grass type fanatic...

  18. #18
    Question if using Archimonde's Hatred Reborn

    Because the ground around the boss reduces HP and the trinket gives a 30% shield according to HP, I would trigger the trinket before I step into the debuff right, then wait for the shield to pop or explode dealing damage, then get out.

    Luffa's, Elize and Eko are top three respectively, but would this trinket be 4th or 5th best option for this? I can't help but think that the stats are great and the DPS functionality is quite useful, only down side is that the damage splits amongst all targets.

    I plan to try it next time it comes up, sitting at 907 with 2 thrash trinkets, Luffa's and going with AHR for legendaries. I'm slightly scared and nervous as if I don't get it with this (to be fair I've never tried it before) then I must really suck.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    Question if using Archimonde's Hatred Reborn

    Because the ground around the boss reduces HP and the trinket gives a 30% shield according to HP, I would trigger the trinket before I step into the debuff right, then wait for the shield to pop or explode dealing damage, then get out.

    Luffa's, Elize and Eko are top three respectively, but would this trinket be 4th or 5th best option for this? I can't help but think that the stats are great and the DPS functionality is quite useful, only down side is that the damage splits amongst all targets.

    I plan to try it next time it comes up, sitting at 907 with 2 thrash trinkets, Luffa's and going with AHR for legendaries. I'm slightly scared and nervous as if I don't get it with this (to be fair I've never tried it before) then I must really suck.
    I think it should be doable for sure but no reason to beat yourself up if you don't. Are you US? If so add me at jallfo#1425 and we can work as a support group for each other.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    I tried it today at 903 and I just can't see a world where I get this done at this iLVL (and without luffas) without Mark of Ursoc
    I believe my Guardian iLvl was around 905 (main spec is Balance and it was ~910 back then), and I don't have Luffas (or Elize's at the time). I ran with Ekowraith (for range) and LATC (Balance Shoulder), though I DID have Mark of Ursol.

    If they didn't modify the challenge to compensate for the lack of MoU, you're essentially fucked until iLvl 930 is really obtainable methinks, because you're just taking 30% more damage than you would have pre-7.2.5.
    Uses the same signature for over a year, just randomly gets infracted for it recently.
    Placeholder signature is placeholder and will hopefully make me finish my shit.
    Oh yeah, I'm a Druid and stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •