Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl33p View Post
    Phase 2:
    - most important rule for me : DONT PANIC. the time i did it, was the first time i got him lower as 6-7%. I got repeating to myself "dont panic, dont panic, dont panic"
    - most of my fails attempts was duo to the knockbacks from those infernals that i couldn't just pay attenction and ending falling off the platfform.
    I took this advice, I consciously had to calm down and said to myself DON'T PANIC in phase 2, that phase was absolutely CRAZY. Thankfully it lasts a very short time. My greatest trouble was also getting knocked back, I can't count the number of times I was knocked back.

I did it at 907 with Luffa's and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn with 2 thrash relics, 918 weapon. If I remember later I'll post a screenshot. It took me roughly 30 attempts.

Is phase 1 harder than phase 2? I really had trouble with phase 1, but phase 2 felt like a zergfest in that he was getting downed real easy. I used SI on the 2nd and 3rd Annihilate, I had trinket, barkskin and rage of the sleeper for the 1st.

Also if anyone doesn't mind chiming in, for the skin that requires to killing all Legion Dungeon bosses, which dungeons are required? All heroic ones?
    Last edited by Icecreamcake; 2017-07-09 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    I took this advice, I consciously had to calm down and said to myself DON'T PANIC in phase 2, that phase was absolutely CRAZY. Thankfully it lasts a very short time. My greatest trouble was also getting knocked back, I can't count the number of times I was knocked back.

I did it at 907 with Luffa's and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn with 2 thrash relics, 918 weapon. If I remember later I'll post a screenshot. It took me roughly 30 attempts.

Is phase 1 harder than phase 2? I really had trouble with phase 1, but phase 2 felt like a zergfest in that he was getting downed real easy. I used SI on the 2nd and 3rd Annihilate, I had trinket, barkskin and rage of the sleeper for the 1st.

Also if anyone doesn't mind chiming in, for the skin that requires to killing all Legion Dungeon bosses, which dungeons are required? All heroic ones?

Phase 1 was unquestionably harder for me. Phase 2 is basically minimal rng, and a typical boss fight. I probably had 75% of my wipes in P1. Once I got into P2 cleanly it just became a matter of optimizing my shit damage (906 weapon. No thrash relics).

- - - Updated - - -

So yea finished mine today after a few hours of attempts. Here were my character stats:

910 ilvl with a 906 weapon, ekowraith and KJ Trinket - no thrash relics which super sucked.

I did it in about 80 or so total attempts. Of those, probably 40 were figuring out what talent and legendary setup works best since I didn't have the key ones. I tried a ton with lady and the child and GG, but incarn is just straight up better.

Here are some tips that I didn't see mentioned anywhere else:

- using an orb right when the adds comes out can totally fuck you. They end up casting and charging in randomly and doing more damage. It's way better to control them once they have collapsed onto you or velen

- make smart use of your FR. always use it IMMEDIAELY after a mind blast hits you so you can recover the HP from the last two spell casts

- when you see the portals coming up for adds, start deciding then and there how you're going to deal with them for me my order was: first set incarn, secon KBW, third rots, fourth delay until KBW is back up. He would normally phase then.

- don't be afraid to over use cooldowns when learning P1. I had read that you need both copies of SI for p2 so I was reluctant to use it for my early attempts. Finally I said screw it and spent a few attempts doing it successfully using all my CDs just to see how a successful P1 felt. Then I was able to refine my strategy to stop using CDs

- in P2 resist the temptation to use your interrupt to get out of fire. I noticed that kruul will keep chain casting his debuff until it is actually interrupted.... stuns, roar etc only delay it. The only way to put it on CD is the interrupt
    Last edited by jallfo; 2017-07-10 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    Phase 1 was unquestionably harder for me. Phase 2 is basically minimal rng, and a typical boss fight. I probably had 75% of my wipes in P1. Once I got into P2 cleanly it just became a matter of optimizing my shit damage (906 weapon. No thrash relics).

- - - Updated - - -

So yea finished mine today after a few hours of attempts. Here were my character stats:

910 ilvl with a 906 weapon, ekowraith and KJ Trinket - no thrash relics which super sucked.

I did it in about 80 or so total attempts. Of those, probably 40 were figuring out what talent and legendary setup works best since I didn't have the key ones. I tried a ton with lady and the child and GG, but incarn is just straight up better.

Here are some tips that I didn't see mentioned anywhere else:

- using an orb right when the adds comes out can totally fuck you. They end up casting and charging in randomly and doing more damage. It's way better to control them once they have collapsed onto you or velen

- make smart use of your FR. always use it IMMEDIAELY after a mind blast hits you so you can recover the HP from the last two spell casts

- when you see the portals coming up for adds, start deciding then and there how you're going to deal with them for me my order was: first set incarn, secon KBW, third rots, fourth delay until KBW is back up. He would normally phase then.

- don't be afraid to over use cooldowns when learning P1. I had read that you need both copies of SI for p2 so I was reluctant to use it for my early attempts. Finally I said screw it and spent a few attempts doing it successfully using all my CDs just to see how a successful P1 felt. Then I was able to refine my strategy to stop using CDs

- in P2 resist the temptation to use your interrupt to get out of fire. I noticed that kruul will keep chain casting his debuff until it is actually interrupted.... stuns, roar etc only delay it. The only way to put it on CD is the interrupt
    Grats.

I think the exact number I had was 31 attempts, I started with 2500 shard, farmed another 600 and got it on my last one.

After counting my drums, I had only used 5 so means that I had only got to phase 2 five times, which was a little more than 20% of the time.

Phase one was definitely the most challenging, I remember experiencing what you described as well in that sometimes the adds would go to the guy in the middle, so I would have to run in if thrash was out to get him off the guy, then the RNG of the healing orbs was a pain in the ass too having to do the same with that.

Organizing with orbs is a good idea, I definitely tried to save them along with my FR for intense moments, but it's good to plan ahead on when to use them say for example if CDs like RotS is down and what not.

Phase 2 seemed like more luck to me to be honest considering when the infernals were actually dead so I wasn't being chased by infernals, Kruul and the little guys. Having to keep track of all those guys tacked on top of each other and when the adds were casting was difficult, I definitely had to use orbs for that to buy me time and sort of run out and reset.

Fun challenge, unfortunate that it can't be reattempted for fun after it's completed because I would have liked to do it a lot smoother with more control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    Grats.

Fun challenge, unfortunate that it can't be reattempted for fun after it's completed because I would have liked to do it a lot smoother with more control.
    This..
    This would be amazing!

did it at 905 without luffa but had ekowraith + balance affinity i found my self having to stretch out p1 to have ursoc and rage of the sleeper come back off CD no point in trying to get greedy and save orbs i was popping an orb every time adds spawned in stayed near full health full p1

talents i ran were
    Brambles- dont need rage gen from blood frenzy due to no mark ursol anymore
    guttural roars - casted to interuppt channels from adds when needed and works on kruuls annihilate
    mightybash- would bash when i charged in to interuppt to stop some dmg and on kruul to delay his annihilate
    Incarnation: Guardian - to burst p1 and p2 obviously
    Survival of the Fittest - lower the CD of survival and barkskin as your not able to mangle much for mark of elune
    Rend and Tear- didnt know what other option to use here

p2 dont be scared of kruuls melee damage feel free to maul spam him when you have the rage maximize you damage as much as you can in that phase

all and all wasnt that bad just a learning curve took me 38 attempts in total to get it completed

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...shj/skillclone

So I just did it at 918ilvl. No Luffas. No Eko. Only Dual Determination and Skysec's Hold. Agi flask - the kill was with no rune popped. Potions of Prolonged Power (one for pre-pot, and one popped during Kruul [P2]), and Drums of Fury for Kruul.
    My saving grace was Bear Tartare, as I had issues with Kruul's "Netherstomps" and the fel zones left behind.

P1:
    - Boomkin (Balance Affinity). Starsurge, 4 x Wrath, Moonfire and Sunfire (as you run away to avoid the Mind Rend).
    - Bear form. Interrupt Drain Life. Moonfire the first eye that pops up. Pop Incarnation and start spamming thrash outside of the decay area.
    - First set of ghost adds spawn. Incarnation will still be up.
    - Keep Moonfiring eye adds as they spawn.
    - First infernal spawns - try kite away from orbs, and run back to Velen when next set of ghosts spawn.
    - Second set of ghost adds spawn. Rage of the Sleeper kill.
    - First infernal dies from Moonfire/Thrash and kiting.
    - Second infernal spawns JUST AFTER third set of ghost adds along with Drain Life. Used Incapacitating Roar to stun both Inquisitor and ghost adds. Got them down via thrash and swipe.
    - Use orb for fourth set of ghost adds.
    - Inquisitor down after 2 x Infernals, 5 x sets of Ghost adds (max).

P2:
    - Orb straight away to avoid Void Bolt.
    - Run off to the side away from Velen for first fel zone.
    - Pop new pot, pop hero, pop Incarnation. Burn burn burn.
    - Get out of fel zones ASAP - never stop moving.
    - Dual Determination = Savage Defense for every Annihilation he uses, and barkskin and ironfur for a fourth.
    - I had two orbs up toward his 10% left. Used one, burnt him and the adds down. As soon as it wore off, used another, burnt him down.
    - Kruul dead.

Possible without the "required" legendaries. Just need good RNG and good practice.
    I repeat; Bear tartare was an all-time saviour. The first time I used it, was the kill.

Character: Jeffay - Khaz'Goroth
    Last edited by Jeffykins; 2017-07-12 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffykins View Post
    So I just did it at 918ilvl. No Luffas. No Eko. Only Dual Determination and Skysec's Hold. Agi flask - the kill was with no rune popped. Potions of Prolonged Power (one for pre-pot, and one popped during Kruul [P2]), and Drums of Fury for Kruul.
    My saving grace was Bear Tartare, as I had issues with Kruul's "Netherstomps" and the fel zones left behind.

P1:
    - Boomkin (Balance Affinity). Starsurge, 4 x Wrath, Moonfire and Sunfire (as you run away to avoid the Mind Rend).
    - Bear form. Interrupt Drain Life. Moonfire the first eye that pops up. Pop Incarnation and start spamming thrash outside of the decay area.
    - First set of ghost adds spawn. Incarnation will still be up.
    - Keep Moonfiring eye adds as they spawn.
    - First infernal spawns - try kite away from orbs, and run back to Velen when next set of ghosts spawn.
    - Second set of ghost adds spawn. Rage of the Sleeper kill.
    - First infernal dies from Moonfire/Thrash and kiting.
    - Second infernal spawns JUST AFTER third set of ghost adds along with Drain Life. Used Incapacitating Roar to stun both Inquisitor and ghost adds. Got them down via thrash and swipe.
    - Use orb for fourth set of ghost adds.
    - Inquisitor down after 2 x Infernals, 5 x sets of Ghost adds (max).

P2:
    - Orb straight away to avoid Void Bolt.
    - Run off to the side away from Velen for first fel zone.
    - Pop new pot, pop hero, pop Incarnation. Burn burn burn.
    - Get out of fel zones ASAP - never stop moving.
    - Dual Determination = Savage Defense for every Annihilation he uses, and barkskin and ironfur for a fourth.
    - I had two orbs up toward his 10% left. Used one, burnt him and the adds down. As soon as it wore off, used another, burnt him down.
    - Kruul dead.

Possible without the "required" legendaries. Just need good RNG and good practice.
    I repeat; Bear tartare was an all-time saviour. The first time I used it, was the kill.

Character: Jeffay - Khaz'Goroth

No Luffa's is not required and it's possible to do without it, the benefit of Luffa's is the DPS and the range it provides.

Also yeah in your case you didn't need the "required" legendaries because you were 918. Somewhat misleading information, because most of the derived information on the tactics of the fight were comprised before 7.2.5 before ToS where people could gain extra ilvls.

There is no "required" legendaries for this fight, only "ideal" legendaries that give the best advantage.

Here's a video of someone at 903 with no Luffa's or Eko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZjNTTMeKgY

Luffa's or Eko simply make it easier

So does having a high ilvl

Neither are "required" like most proclaim
    Last edited by Icecreamcake; 2017-07-12 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    I've just did it with 908ilvl, 2 trash relics, eko and luffas. I used agi flask, drums, PP and health pots and bear tartare. I used a horn of valor and an Agi trinket with defensive use. I had not done it prior to this mage tower coming up.

One thing that came up was "overdpsing" the first phase. I used to pull inquisitor to Velens range and pop everything but drums as soon as I pulled so I could use them again later in the fight. I usually phased him at around the 1:40 mark just before he gets the second infernal. Which meant I did not had incarnation as soon as P2 started or shortly after. This caused me lots of problems that I didnt realise at first. When I finally managed to kill him it was a try where P1 took me closer to the 2:20-2:40 mark with two infernals up.

On phase 2 I had some problems, the combination of a netherstomp followed by a twisted reflections was always a wipe. I used my stuns to delay anhilations and stop the casts from the adds if needed, so my only option was to skul bash or pick up an orb if it was super close. Skull bash resulted in death 100% of the time.

As others have said try to keep him at range when you predict he is close to netherstomping. That is the ability that will most likely kill you via damage. Try not to panic too much and understand that sometimes you may get unlucky with beam placements and die to those.

Try to time Frenzied Regen for when adds spawn. I though healer aggro was removed but when I time it correctly they went towards me instead of velen which made them much easier to kill.

Remember you can use shadowmeld to "pseudo interrupt" a cast if you are a Nelve. Some people recommended briging Goblin Gliders which I did but I was never able to save myself when it mattered. The bug with the roar making them Inmune to damage is very very annoying and requires to think when you use it as it can really fuck you up.

Overall I used around 40-50 tryes (closer to 50) and used drums 16 times (I also counted trys like backpedalling too much at start and falling off the cliff before the boss started). I had a lot of fun doing it but second phase felt unfair at times, I feel I did not understand the way to deal with the pushing beams and they did push me out of orbs and into netherfire a lot. Overall it took me around 2.5-3hours to complete.

Deleted
    Did it in the early hours of this morning, was a proper pain in the ass.

Druid's only really been active again since last saturday so the only legendaries i had access to were Feral TF helm, Cinidaria and Hatred, so i ran with Cinidaria and Hatred. About 900 ilvl.
    Ran standard spec of Balance affinity, Incarn and Roar.

Main thing that fucked with me was pools in p2 if he combo'd them with an annhilate in such a way that he cast it during a stomp which either became an unrecoverable clusterfuck or instant death. Best way i found to handle it was use the start under all cds like drums pots etc to delay that first annihilate as long as possible. Ended up preventing first annihilate for a good 20 seconds at least with bash/roar/orb/meld which meant i could get ahead of the game so to speak.

It's one of those challenges that will just tilt the fuck out of you and make you wish you had Luffas. All i'd say is when you start making stupid mistakes like taking too many stacks just take a break for a bit. Took a good 15 min break after wiping at 20k left on Kruul, came back and killed it incredibly cleanly compared to every other attempt.

Not a challenge i ever want to do again though. Blood DK was a fucking cakewalk in comparison.