Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Back in the mid-70s..apparently it was a limited run..but then it seems that's all they've done; limited runs.
    In the 70s, it didn't take much to keep things going. But again, it just didn't.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-07-06 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah.
    The comic books came out in the 70s. And they weren't all that popular. But it introduced other aspects of evolution in the Marvel Universe. (even though the "Inhuman" creation came about by splicing Kree with Eternal millenia ago, but that leads to a lot of explaining here...the Celestials and their tinkering with the evolving human species, etc...Children of Inhumans undergo a rite of passage of a sort that involves exposure to the Terrigen Mist which transforms them, which sometimes leads to extreme physical differences. The character of "Lockjaw" is at the end of that extreme. He's not a dog, he's an Inhuman)
    They much later resurrected the Inhumans because of the movies, which really screwed over comics. But Marvel-Disney wanted something to replace the idea of "mutants" and apparently this idea...which wasn't much better than B-grade material, was the best they could come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The comic books never sold well, if at all. I can certainly understand why people never heard of them.
    In defense of most comics.. the only comics I was ever 'into' were Spawn, The Darkness, and Witchblade around '96 for about 1-2 years then was forced to stop buying them. There were some before it but all were childish (Rocko's Modern Life, etc) but I don't see those as counting.

I was into X-men, but only in animation form despite having some key X-men comics. I do have tons of Marvel pogs, and I think most are official, but I doubt they and my old trunk of teenage collectibles is really worth much (tons of comics, comic-related cards, comic related pogs, DBZ action figures).

I'm currently going through the Spawn series on a Nook Tablet 7" and it's been enjoyable.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I remember going to my first comic book store in the mid-70s. And I'm sure that comic book cover above was displayed in the window. But then it was among a lot of other comic books being displayed, Vampirella, Rampaging Hulk, the Six Million Dollar Man, etc... (a lot of stuff were in this oversized magazine format)