Deleted

Question Tanking Demonic Inquisition

Hi! I have killed Demonic on HC. Just about 3/9 HC progress.

I don't know about you guys. But i need to get some straight up professional answers.

It seems every tank i end up with have a different theory on what strategy we should use on Demonic.

Some strategies.

1. Main tank pulls Atrigan while off-tank asap confess for tanking add in cage. This basically means off-tank will enter cage with no torment (almost) and stay until other tank high torment.
    2. Main tank pulls Atrigan while off-tank stays until main tank gets high torment and then swap. Main tank in cage will then stay as long as possible (watching stack of course) to be able to get back just in time for swap.
    3. Main tank pulls Atrigan while off-tank taunt when main tank enters cage at high torment. Main tank in cage will then re-enter boss fight as soon he reach 6 stack of Soul Corruption.
    4. Raid will setup two high torment tank groups. Which will follow the respective tank inside cage, usually 1 healer & 1 dps. I have seen different strategies on this.
    a) Main tank pulls Atrigan while strategy 1 above.
    b) Main tank pulls Atrigan while strategy 2 above.
    c) Main tank pulls Atrigan while strategy 3 above.

So many guides simply recommend we do strategy 4 with strategy 2. But i have not really seen that in action and i have been doing demonic many attempts. Both Normal and Heroic. Both killed.

My personal opinion is basically strategy 4 with strategy 2. As guides recommend. But just strategy 2 works. However, most people seem todo strategy 1 which i think is pretty damn bad idea.

If you're doing the 2 tanks strat :
    - Tank 1 pulls Atrigan next to Belac for 10s.
    - Tank 2 taunts Atrigan ; Tank 1 confess and stays in the prison.
    - Tank 2 will be at high Torment when Atrigan is using his Whirlwind ability. Raid warning. Tank 1 gets out of cage and taunts Atrigan. Tank 2 confess once Tank 1 is back. => 3-4 sec without any tank in the cage.
    - Repeat.

If you're doing 3 tanks strat :
    - Tank 1 on Atrigan ; Tank 2 on Belac ; Tank 3 in cage.
    - When Tank 1 is high Torment, Tank 2 taunts Atrigan, Tank 1 Cage, Tank 3 Belac.
    So...Basically.... Atrigan > Cage > Belac > Atrigan > Cage, etc. => 0 sec without any tank in the cage.

My group did the 3tanks strat on our first hc kill and the 2tank one on the 2nd one.

Deleted
    Interesting. I have not tried 3 tank strategy. But i don't think it's necessary if raid group know what to expect. Or if you have a really bad tank. But whatever works i guess.

However, with your 2 tank suggestion strategy. Why should they taunt swap after 10s? Because of other raid members that suffer from high torment? I see how we want to tank add in cage as long as possible. But wouldn't it be technically more correct to observe high torment for moving in and out cage. Meaning that tank inside cage will need to observe the other tank (currently on Atrigan) torment while taking stacks of Soul Courruption. So unless someone in raid really needs to confess at early pull/start, tanks could wait with confessing when needed. The better you time this, the more DPS?

EDIT: However, on PUGS. I can see why strategy 2/3 works pretty well.
    Last edited by mmoc0a6286d60a; 2017-06-30 at 06:53 AM.

We've used the 2 tank strat since the start.
    I'm the maintank and start off tanking Atrigan next to Belac, my offtank will be there for a bit but will confess to make sure he's at 0 Torment when he has to tank.
    Like A-sayo said above, best time to swap is when Atrigan is using his whirlwind ability. Since he moves very slowly while hes spinning, if you make a mistake and the offtank isn't there on time the boss wont instantly start slapping people.

Just killed this last night with 2 tank strat since our 3rd tanks a scrub. we had it like this;
    I pull boss Atrigan on top of Belac, wait for first sweep attack, other tank taunts and I Confess, slap the add around until other tank either gets over 90 torment or he starts casting whirlwind. Come out run to belac and taunt Atrigan, he will mosey on over super slow cause he casts a few things in the meanwhile while walking over. Need to watch out for the sweep attack and move away from melee if he casts it. Then tank them together until Belac does Fel ...storm.. thing. pull Atrigan away. move him back as possible. you should be around 70-80 torment by then 90 if your range suck and drop pools under where tanks come out. If you take no extra torment and don't get hit by the first whirlwind you should be able to tank him until 2nd whirlwind (you will be at like 99 or 100 torment so be ready to pop some serious CD's just incase) if you did take any extra you will have to go in before he casts the whirlwind. rinse repeat.

Just keep in mind to always have a tank outside the realm since the add in there hitting a dps/healer is not that bad versus the boss hitting dps/slapping a 100 Torment tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravidae View Post
    But i need to get some straight up professional answers.
    Don't think you find many professional players here. But maybe someone like Slootbag could give you answers, if you pay for his services.
    Professional answers are usually not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Don't think you find many professional players here. But maybe someone like Slootbag could give you answers, if you pay for his services.
    Professional answers are usually not free.
    Amen.. I'm only tanking cause our warrior got all upset at Krosus destructifying his face on Heroic and me having little to no experience as a bear could like afk on the boss with no problems so I became main tank and he want to hunter lol.

Lot of these bosses this time around seem either "OH GOD KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS US"(avatar, Harjatn etc.) or "This is utter chaos I don't know how we even killed it"(mistress sassafraz on our first pull/kill)

This boss seems to have no "Right" way to tank it... the melee boss stops to cast way to much and targets other ppl way too much imo. I would almost prefer having Belac doing most all the stuff minus the whirlwind and tank sweep and maybe move around the room a little perhaps. Did last week with 3 tanks and this week with 2 and didn't seem much different in terms of difficulty.

Deleted
    Tank 1 tanks Atrigan.
    When Tank 1 reaches high torment Tank 2 taunts.
    Tank 1 goes into the other realm with groups 1 and 2.
    Everyone comes out at the same time.
    When Tank 2 is at high torment Tank 1 taunts.
    Tank 2 goes into the other realm with Groups 3 and 4.
    Everyone comes out at the same times.
    Repeat until boss is dead.

Anyone know a way to track co-tank's Torment, pref with TMW?

I've been sentenced to pug hell, with little to no voice comms. Precise timing like what's suggested has too much derp factor.

My successes has been with 3 tanks, but I know that's not the "correct" solution. Would it be possible to switch based on Fel stacks i.e. caged tank pops out after 5-6 stacks and swap. This ignores tank Torment entirely.

Edit: this would be strat #3

Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    Anyone know a way to track co-tank's Torment, pref with TMW?

I've been sentenced to pug hell, with little to no voice comms. Precise timing like what's suggested has too much derp factor.

My successes has been with 3 tanks, but I know that's not the "correct" solution. Would it be possible to switch based on Fel stacks i.e. caged tank pops out after 5-6 stacks and swap. This ignores tank Torment entirely.

Edit: this would be strat #3
    DBM gives you a list of like the 10 highest torment players in the raid.