Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Good. I am glad they are taking longer to work on them. They not only need new effects, but new sounds as well, and that takes time. I'll say the same thing I said about blood elf models. Taking more time for the sake of high quality is better then rushing things out for the sake of a release date.

Still waiting for the real burning embers back though, Blizz.
    Or... and work with me here... they're not "taking longer to work on them", they've actually done no work on them at all and are going to get to them when they can be bothered. And when they finally get to them after ensuring mages etc are happy, there's no guarantee they will work long or hard on them - for all we know (and are used to) they'll just remove a few more things, recolour some things and call it done. All that is just as plausible as your assertion they're working hard on them.

I guess this confirms that warlocks are a low priority case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    With all the new demon models, green fire etc, you guys were the last caster who needed an update
    New demon models?

Green fire? You mean thr thing from two expacs ago that literally change dorange to green, and doesn;t do anything for affliction, except the mount and burning rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I return your comment back to you. If you actually read the "conversation" (i'm doing a favor to the fanbois replying here naming their answers like that) you'd see i never made any conspiracy claims. Spend some time to click the quote links back to my first post in this thread, where i suggested a possible reason for shitting on warlocks. It's THEM that interpreted my dislike against Blizzard for omitting Warlocks on the spell animations as a consipracy. Even in the post you quoted me (and you failed to detect the sarcasm to the fanbois) i say it clearly : "Your ASSUMPTIONS".

Now go back and read what i originally posted and apologise, or keep on the fanboi train. Whatever.

I love that my signature triggers fanbois to reply. Works like a charm
    i honestly don't know what to say. you really think you have a point. well whatever makes you happy i guess. i like that you consider me a fanboy though lmao. at least you make sure everybody knows about your low iq.

Whatever, someone has to be last, making things takes time, and the art department have content to make for everyone to enjoy. I'll live.

Deleted
    I hope that means warlock will get badass looking animations. The others look really good so I'm hopeful.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    i honestly don't know what to say. you really think you have a point. well whatever makes you happy i guess. i like that you consider me a fanboy though lmao. at least you make sure everybody knows about your low iq.
    L2never comment on discussions you havent participated. You just barged in to play the smart guy and ended up looking like a fool. You fit that low IQ comment coming out of nowhere, or rather, sorry, your ass, because you realized how you ended up looking like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Whatever, someone has to be last, making things takes time, and the art department have content to make for everyone to enjoy. I'll live.
    Why someone has to be last? Why can't they give ALL caster specs their new animations in 7.3? Care to speculate why warlocks are getting the wrong end of the shaft?

- - - Updated - - -

With all the new demon models, green fire etc, you guys were the last caster who needed an update
    Melee classes got their visual goodies since Legion launch. Green fire was a MoP update. It took them can't remember how many patches to implement green fire on demon form, dreadsteeds and the water walking glyph and then lost most of those visuals with Legion. Warlocks were only given updates on succubi visuals, a demon they purposefuly made useless in PvE (and not sure how useful are in instanced PvP, because on WPvP they are globaled), new shard glyphs that don't seem to work right or are still unavailable... and that's it.

Also, for Demon models, they didn't revamp those for WARLOCKS. They revamped them as enemy NPC's for HFC and Legion. Quite a difference.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-07-01 at 04:41 PM.
    /spit@Blizzard

Are you okay? You seem irate - every demon model got updated, warlocks use demons so that in itself is some form of update, and green fire is still obtainable and is the only time ever any class has had the ability to physically augment their spells? Stop crying lol
    That wasn't in Legion and considering we don't get to use anything other than whatever Blizzard has pidgeonholed a specialization into, that means nothing. You mean besides through glyphs?

- - - Updated - - -

Warlocks have been around since the beginning, Death Knights have not. There's no reason we should be last.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you okay? You seem irate - every demon model got updated, warlocks use demons so that in itself is some form of update, and green fire is still obtainable and is the only time ever any class has had the ability to physically augment their spells? Stop crying lol
    Are you also aware which are the green fire visuals they left for warlocks in Legion? Because most were removed.
    /spit@Blizzard

I love how fabinas' english just gets worse and worse with the more whiny he gets.
    Resident BM Asshole

Why someone has to be last? Why can't they give ALL caster specs their new animations in 7.3? Care to speculate why warlocks are getting the wrong end of the shaft?
    Because making things takes time and time is finite. Someone has to be last on the list because that's how lists work. It happens that timings haven't worked out well. Whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Warlocks have been around since the beginning, Death Knights have not. There's no reason we should be last.
    Death Knight is my favourite ranged spec getting updates in 7.3.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    I love how fabinas' english just gets worse and worse with the more whiny he gets.
    Care to elaborate?

- - - Updated - - -

Because making things takes time and time is finite. Someone has to be last on the list because that's how lists work. It happens that timings haven't worked out well. Whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Death Knight is my favourite ranged spec getting updates in 7.3.
    They can hire more artists to work. They can take more time to develop the animations. Hell, they can even delay animations for one mage spec and make animations for a warlock one. You know, give some candy to all classes.

At the moment, the only caster specs that weren't announced to get a revamp in caster animations are: Holy Paladins, Balance Druids, Misweaver Monks and ALL 3 Warlock specs.

Generally all classes will have a revamp in the animations of their specs, those being melee or caster, in 7.3. All except Warlocks. I don't find it fair. Do you?

But no, Warlocks have to wait. Probably because they believe they have spent too much time on the class (be it mechanics, abilities or useless visual customization on shard and demon glyphs) and they can "afford" to delay the animations. A reason which sucks, if true.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-07-01 at 10:28 PM.
    /spit@Blizzard

They can hire more artists to work. They can take more time to develop the animations. Hell, they can even delay animations for one mage spec and make animations for a warlock one. You know, give some candy to all classes.

But no, Warlocks have to wait. Probably because they believe they have spent too much time on the class (be it mechanics, abilities or useless visual customization on shard and demon glyphs) and they can "afford" to delay the animations. A reason which sucks, if true.
    You believe the company should hire more artists for the benefit of one class? Really?
    Also it's a small thing. It really really really doesn't matter.
    As for updating bits of each class at a time, I assume it's because it's good for sticking feedback all in one place. Get all of one class to give feedback. You'd also still be whining if it wasn't your preferred spec, so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Or... and work with me here... they're not "taking longer to work on them", they've actually done no work on them at all and are going to get to them when they can be bothered. And when they finally get to them after ensuring mages etc are happy, there's no guarantee they will work long or hard on them - for all we know (and are used to) they'll just remove a few more things, recolour some things and call it done. All that is just as plausible as your assertion they're working hard on them.
    Still don't see how that's a problem. Warlocks already got plenty of spell effect updates this and last expansion, and an entire new spectrum of abilities for demonology. Mages needed their vanilla spell effects updated more than Warlocks needed their Warlords and Legion spell effects updated.

I'm happy to wait. I want us to be last to get updated animations. Hopefully that means we'll get really 'up to date' ones that aren't rushed out.

Care to elaborate?
    because you realized how you ended up looking like.
    wrong end of the shaft?
    Not really really wrong, but it is "short end of the stick" lol.

Are you also aware which are the green fire visuals they left for warlocks in Legion?
    /spit@Blizzard
    Resident BM Asshole

I wish our animations were coming sooner, but I'll be happy when they get here. From what I've seen of the other new visuals, hopefully the visual-less Affliction repertoire will at least have some rad new gestures to go with our spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    People, they're delaying, because Warlocks are in a critical situation about spells visuals, specially Affliction.

They just updated like 3 ~ 5 spells for each Mage spec and the other specs, but Warlocks have like a lot spells from very past expansions.

I'm not sure if those spells, I'm going to say, was from Vanilla, but Drain Soul and Drain Life animation looks like from Vanilla, the same thing about the Ritual of Summoning model looks veeery oldish, and the same when we summon a demon.

Lets put Affliction here: Corruption has a very ridiculous small animation when you see it on a dummy (you need to zoom on it). UA is a ridiculous dark purple glow that you can only see when you're training on a dummy. Haunt has a cool animation, but only on in impact, the bolt is like a pink ball (ridiculous). Agony has a ridiculous red skull with a horn, looking like from Vanilla and not even menacing, because Agony is a powerful spell. Drain Soul, I already said. TLDR: Affliction is very ridiculous when we talk about spell animations/visuals.

Now Destruction: There is a problem when you cast green fire spells, the effect on hands are very outdated comparing with the red/orange fire effect. I think that's the only issue... Oh, nope, Chaos Bolt is very oldish too. A dragon?! LOL

Demonology is in a good position, since they revamped/reworked on spec, so they needed to do new spells effects/visuals, but the DB needs a green fire modification. And Shadow Bolt got the last change on Cataclysm and a glyph on Pandaria.

Btw, speaking about Green Fire, stop requesting them to put green fire on Affliction, because Affliction doesn't have fire spells, it's all about shadow spells.
    Last edited by Kyoda; 2017-07-02 at 09:14 AM.
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    God sometimes i really wonder how some people are even able to breath with only 2 braincells in the thing which they call their head.
    Pot calls kettle black, film at 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for Demon models, they didn't revamp those for WARLOCKS. They revamped them as enemy NPC's for HFC and Legion. Quite a difference.
    Many (not all) were updated for warlock minions as well for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that my signature triggers fanbois to reply. Works like a charm
    Pointing out that you are coming off like an angry 8 year old doesn't mean anyone is triggered. Your 'arguments' lack any sort of basic coherence or logic so they can easily be brushed off as the nonsense they are rathering than triggering anyone. I kind of like your signature because it makes it easier to spot and ignore your nonsense and to focus on talking with other adults.

But you be you and keep on paying money to support a company that you think has it out for you.

Deleted
    Yes all your demons got a model update in legion
    That wasn;t in Legion, and it was a minor "cleanup" update. They are still the same demons they ever were, the updates are only visible if you look really closely. I'm talkign about proper updates, like introducing more variety - we've repeatedly ad demon-filled expacs but still the same old stuff. The only real update was when they introduced things like glyphs that turned the succubus in a shivarra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoda View Post
    Lets put Affliction here: Corruption has a very ridiculous small animation when you see it on a dummy (you need to zoom on it). UA is a ridiculous dark purple glow that you can only see when you're training on a dummy. Haunt has a cool animation, but only on in impact, the bolt is like a pink ball (ridiculous). Agony has a ridiculous red skull with a horn, looking like from Vanilla and not even menacing, because Agony is a powerful spell. Drain Soul, I already said. TLDR: Affliction is very ridiculous when we talk about spell animations/visuals.
    Yeah imho affliction is by far the worst offender. The visual effects for corruption, siphon life, UA are just faint purple glows. Siphon life, for example, should shoul show an animation between the caster and the victim to show life being sucked out (kinda like that priest thing, but in reverse for us). Agony has a brifly appearing horned skull that has not changed since afaik vanilla. It should be mor elike one of those "slash attack" animations imho. Let's make unstable affliction something like a dark cloud that drips crap or causes the target to sprout tentacles , just something. As aff I feel I wave my arms a lot and that's it.

A lot of these things are hangover from when clients could not handlle complex animations, particularly in raids. But even th emost modest client can cope with much, much more now. And you can turn a lot of it off anyway. Haunt should be a ghostly soul of the caster, like the ghosts we see when we kill things. Malefic Grasp should have th eproper MG animation back. Drain Soul is actually one of the best we've got cos you can see the souls being sucked out.

Kinda ironic that oen of the big animations is the souls floating around of stuff we kill, afaik no one else can see them. Also when we do Reap and the souls pour into Ulthelesh is pretty neat, do othe rplayers see that?

Th eother biggie is demons. Particularly demo. A "Master of demons" must be able to do more than summon a handful of the lowest form of grunts. It's just plain silly that the biggest badass a demolock has is...a felguard. Which the legion use as disposable cannon fodder, like the imps and dogs. The felguard doesn;t even come with flaming swords or a shield or badass armour liek the world content ones do, and he's barely bigger than the caster, unless you're like me a gnome.

Should be able to summon fel lords at a minimum, like you can in PVP ffs.