Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What is Blizzard expecting us to do with them?

It's been going on for a very long time, and from what I see from people's reaction it's only getting worst.
    Just last week, during a pug heroic ToS, in order to survive we had to kick them all and they got mad.

What are we supposed to do with Ragnaros, Azralon, Quel'Thalas and Goldrinn players?

Because very obviously we can't play with them, they are not good enough. We can't communicate, only about 10% of them can speak understandable English (which is also not my first language, so no need for that "you selfish ignorant Americans bla bla bla" (I'm not even American)).
    More and more I see people refusing to join groups lead by these players, or refuse to invite them in their groups.

In short here's what happened in that pug I mentioned:
    The leader is from Goldrinn, he invites a bunch of people, we go to Mistress. We stand in front of her and nothing happens, there is no raid leading happening whatsoever, all he does is say something like "tanks go". So we do a pull timer and go for it, see how it goes.
    Obviously we get trashed.
    So the other tank says that we should get on voice, it would make everything much easier and that some raid leading would help people less familiar with the fight. Again, no response from the leader. So that nice lady tank offers people to join her Discord server, she gives the link, some people get in.
    "Yeah it's gonna be much easier now."
    "We can call stuff and explain the fight."
    "Right, but we need people to get on discord with us, we need the whole raid in here."
    So in raid chat we insist that people get in to make it easier. We ask the leader if he wants to raid lead or just give it to someone who will. So he gives lead to someone who was in Discord with us, some more people get in discord as well, some are missing.
    So the new leader says "Alright, if you're in discord click no on that readycheck" (the classic move).
    We were like 25 in the raid, 18 in discord, but only about 15 clicked no. He proceeded to kick everyone who clicked yes. All of them from the servers mentioned above.
    Some guy seeing a bunch of people from his server getting kicked one after the other gets mad and says something like "why you kick all these people? they are on discord". So the leader tells him about the readycheck thing and the guy replies "well they don't understand english" to which the leader replies "what good are they if they can't even listen to raid calls in discord?".
    The guy gets even more pissed and accuses him of racism and kicking people just because they don't speak english, and he leaves. (he was the only person from these servers to understand english, he was not gonna get kicked but all his language-challenged friends got kicked already).
    We then proceeded to raid like normal.

Needless to say this anti BR attitude everybody has comes from a neverending streak of bad experiences of playing with people from these servers. It's not based on anything besides the fact that they are much lesser talented players than every other server, that's just a fact (okay maybe they have one or two prodigal players here and there) but it's nothing cultural or truly racist.

We can't really tell them what to do, can't give any tips, can't really help them, they don't understand english. I mean even if we wanted to help them get better, there's nothing we can do.
    Why are their servers connected to english speaking servers?
    There's nothing we can do with them, what does blizzard want from us?

In the end they think we're racist assholes simply because we refuse to wipe endlessly. That's not cool for anyone and all this would be avoided if they had their own battlegroup.

Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.

Atleast you dont have to raid with ??????? from a russian realm who only writes cyrillic in chat. We cant even look them up on wowprogress most of times because of the names :/.

This is making a mountain out of a molehill. There are a lot of excellent BR players, one of the best healers I have ever played with in m+, was from Rag.

He didn't speak much english, but it was enough.

If you don't believe any are good, then don't join raids where they lead. But you shouldn't avoid inviting good ones, (High ilvl, very good raid progress/m+ experience)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    This is making a mountain out of a molehill. There are a lot of excellent BR players, one of the best healers I have ever played with in m+, was from Rag.
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this. Some of my highest keys were done with BR players. Not all of them are bad. It's a matter of researching their wowprogress and logs before inviting them. No different than US servers.
    Last edited by Nemyhlol; 2017-06-30 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemyhlol View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this. Some of my highest keys were done with Oceanic server players. Not all of them are bad. It's a matter of researching their wowprogress and logs before inviting them. No different than US servers.
    Wait, dafuq. There isn't a bad rep on oceanic players.

Oceanic players are usually quite good, higher quality than US+BR on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play together with people maybe? Kick the people who are not up to your standards (whether it's speaking your language or just not that good) and take the "heat" for it when people get mad, I doubt that Blizzard will do any seperations cause of language barriers.

As there are no Finnish, Swedish, Rumenian, Creek etc separate realms for EU servers, then we don't get to distinguish between the various cultures we end up playing with. Russians, Portugese (Spanish), German and French (?) have their own realms still.

But in the end it is still MMO which is played by multicultural and multi language community and if Blizzard would start to isolate certain realms cause their main language is not English then that would limit IMHO those people's gaming worlds considerably.

I do get it's the choice of people from servers/guilds which don't speak English to venture into some place where they might not be understood, but the people who PUG will just have to deal with it the best they can.

Google translate always help, not the first time I checked what the f**** did that mean in english or tried to guide someone who doesn't speak english with the help fro that... If for nothing else then getting a good laugh of the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Wait, dafuq. There isn't a bad rep on oceanic players.
    You're right, sorry. I was mistaking Ragnaros etc. with Oceanic. The sentiment still stands though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemyhlol View Post
    You're right, sorry. I was mistaking Ragnaros etc. with Oceanic. The sentiment still stands though.
    Jeez, good. Would be confused if you were bagging out Aussies, New zealanders etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Atleast you dont have to raid with ??????? from a russian realm who only writes cyrillic in chat. We cant even look them up on wowprogress most of times because of the names :/.
    And those Russians are still better than you xD

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Portugese (Spanish)
    Triggered.

But yes, Brazilian people are typically bad at English, just like (from my experience) Italians on EU. Give them a chance and if they aren't up to standards, just kick them like you'd anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    And those Russians are still better than you xD
    Highly doubt that.

I remember a bunch of very good oceanic players before they had their own servers, they were good and had to deal with like 400 ping all day long, never heard of them being bad players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Triggered.

But yes, Brazilian people are typically bad at English, just like (from my experience) Italians on EU. Give them a chance and if they aren't up to standards, just kick them like you'd anyone else.
    That's usually what I do but the very vast majority of the time it only results in a waste of time =/

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Highly doubt that.
    Well sure it depends on a particular player, but from my experience most of them do speak English to some extent, vast majority of them knows tactics and clears high keys/raids without issues.
    What I have seen more though , is people from 'normal' realms being absolute racist cunts to Russians just because they see a name in Cyrillic . True story.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    I learned english for easier communication with other nations and cultures because that's the easiest and most common way to do so. My first language is basically useless, as is theirs, we are on the same playing field. Not learning english is only a handicap in today's world.

Firstly; Don't pug if this bothers you. Join a guild maybe? Or just don't invite them to your groups or join their groups.

To be fair one of the best M+ groups I have had was with a full group of Quel'Thalas players. We did a +13 with ease and everyone was 915-920ish geared. Every server has aweful players when it really comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Well sure it depends on a particular player, but from my experience most of them do speak English to some extent, vast majority of them knows tactics and clears high keys/raids without issues.
    What I have seen more though , is people from 'normal' realms being absolute racist cunts to Russians just because they see a name in Cyrillic . True story.
    There are bad and good players on all regions realms. It just sucks that your raidframes is spammed with ???????'s because blizzard thinks they dont need to add cyrillic support for raidframes (or force russians to use latin letters for their names for easier communication) and that you have a harder time to look them up on wowprogress (good ones will post their link or whisper you so you can copy the name, atleast they understand there is a language barrier ).

While I push high keys with a bunch of really good russian players my expierence with pug russians overall wasnt that good, seen many just spam swear words and racist comments about my country when they see that I play on a german server (so I guess idiots exist on all sides ).
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-06-30 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sugesting latin players are dumb?
    There are noobs and pros everywhere, hell, I even think NA realms are full of troll fucks.

That's like saying that everyone from Sargeras is an asshole, elitist or a troll. Sure there is a bunch of them there but I have run into plenty of cool people from there too.

Moral of the story, if you don't like the group you are in, leave and queue for another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Why are their servers connected to english speaking servers?
    There's nothing we can do with them, what does blizzard want from us?
    I bet it has something to do with the fact that we are on the region listed under "Americas". The US isn't the only nation involved in the servers we play on. What do you want? Blizzard to separate server groups by language? I bet they would have so much fun with EU servers. What's the point of seeing a RL from a server you don't like, joining their group, and then blaming the server? You chose to join his/her group. Blizzard doesn't have to baby you by wasting time splitting realms when you could just read the realm name before you join/invite.
    Legion actually broke the stigma on Spanish speaking realms for me, since I've hardly had any issues with any non-English speakers (this includes heroic ToS pugs and m+ up to 20 in previous 'seasons'). In fact, I have a lot more of a problem with the "elitist" US realms where people think they are good just because they play on Sargeras or Stormrage.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom