Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Russians are a problem too.

No idea why Blizz thought it was a good idea to merge them with Europe.
    I've had exceptional players from Russia in my groups, like genuinely better than anyone else I played with through pugging.

I'll agree that there's a pretty huge gap between the worst and best Russian players but I don't really agree with the sentiment that most are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    You want me to learn two languages to play a game? lel

You can stop being a racist bigot for starters?

If they don't understand you just leave the pug and move on with your life or create your own pug, in this first weeks pugs will wipe a few time but in a couple of weeks heroic will be phatetic to pug and clean just like nighthold.

Just stop crying and accept that if the leader is from Brazil you should understand him, think about that and the game have a full translation to portuguese, all the skil names and boss names are full translated.

Let me tell you, as a native Spanish speaker who moved to America, I have a slightly differing opinion but with a similar outcome. At one point I would even prefer players from Ragnaros and Quelthalas because I liked the excuse to practice my Spanish (I don't really have a chance to speak it much anymore). My experience is there are some very good players from these servers but the majority are bad. Even when I would try to translate what the raid leaders were saying to them they would play dumb and pretend they didnt understand me (as they do with english). It is my choice to avoid picking these players for pug groups now, although I feel a little guilty doing so.

Most of the players I've encountered with, regardless of server, in pugs are awful at the game in general though.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I bet it has something to do with the fact that we are on the region listed under "Americas". The US isn't the only nation involved in the servers we play on. What do you want? Blizzard to separate server groups by language? I bet they would have so much fun with EU servers. What's the point of seeing a RL from a server you don't like, joining their group, and then blaming the server? You chose to join his/her group. Blizzard doesn't have to baby you by wasting time splitting realms when you could just read the realm name before you join/invite.
    Legion actually broke the stigma on Spanish speaking realms for me, since I've hardly had any issues with any non-English speakers (this includes heroic ToS pugs and m+ up to 20 in previous 'seasons'). In fact, I have a lot more of a problem with the "elitist" US realms where people think they are good just because they play on Sargeras or Stormrage.
    How many EU guilds speak multiple languages in any competitive pve or pvp situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You can stop being a racist bigot for starters?
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot
    a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
    a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

that sentence is redundant you are using two words that literally mean almost the exact same thing with a minute difference. It is in no way racist to not want to group with people who don't even speak a lick of English as American players are in no way shape or form obligated to learn another language to play this game as well as if the player sucks regardless of being from a BR realm ( BR realms have the reputation of being atrocious ) they deserved to be booted and its really bad with BR realms because they do not speak english and they can get toxic enough where they even if they do speak English refuse to.

Well, i am from brazil but always play on english realms (mal'ganis, area 52 and sargeras) and i also play on goldrinn ally with friends.

Tbh, pugging was never a problem for me and if i see some portuguese people with queations i whisper him and explain the fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    Lol yes let me spend time learning portugese and spanish so that I can pug with BRs in world of warcraft.

Nevermind the fact that this is an american server in an american game made by an american company whose primary language is english. The game itself is designed in english and translated to other languages. English is the primary language of todays modern world, sorry if thats inconvenient to you.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-07-01 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I've had exceptional players from Russia in my groups, like genuinely better than anyone else I played with through pugging.

I'll agree that there's a pretty huge gap between the worst and best Russian players but I don't really agree with the sentiment that most are bad.
    I can't even see their names. All i get is ????????? on my healing frames. Only way i can distinguish the party is by class color.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I like doing 5men content with russians. In all the time since we could play with them (WoD) I literally had less than a handful of russian fail groups, seems to me that the average skill level is a bit better than german/english realms. Russians use a social network as voice comm (raidcall), I guess you have to git gud or begin to get excluded from groups the more you fuck up.
    Nah. There are good russians but average the pugs are just as bad as players from other regions.

Deleted
    I speak English, Italian, and French fluently and I can speak several others a little bit and even I run into language barriers a lot on EU servers.

I spent the passed couple months occasionally studying Spanish and I can communicate with Spanish speakers in a LFD for majority of the time.

Stop being lazy, learn some Spanish, it wouldn't hurt you to be able to speak more than Slang-English ?
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2017-07-01 at 05:51 AM.

If your addons are showing ????? for russian characters, just add a font that supports cyrillic. Over here special characters get replaced with russian ones, so Dêmônkïllà becomes Dщmъkшllя, obviously an instant decline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    In the end they think we're racist assholes simply because we refuse to wipe endlessly. That's not cool for anyone and all this would be avoided if they had their own battlegroup.
    Well they'd be right to think that of course. Because you are racist fucks. Just look that the president you've elected. I mean.. it's pretty damn obvious at this point.

But what Blizzard should really do is to build a wall around you and leave you to it. I think it would make you much happier and it might rid the rest of the world of having to listen to this garbage.

So yeah, hopefully they'll do something about this, because Americans are a huge global problem.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-07-01 at 07:57 PM.

I love how in Europe they outright refuse to merge servers because of language barrier but on US I get stuck with moronic BRs who ninja loot and die to trash mobs in regular mythics. Fun stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I speak English, Italian, and French fluently and I can speak several others a little bit and even I run into language barriers a lot on EU servers.

I spent the passed couple months occasionally studying Spanish and I can communicate with Spanish speakers in a LFD for majority of the time.

Stop being lazy, learn some Spanish, it wouldn't hurt you to be able to speak more than Slang-English ?
    Pretty much this. If you're having problems with Spanish or Portuguese players, learn the basics. It takes about a week to be able to communicate WoW assignments and all your problems disappear.

But of course.. Americans always think the rest of the world is here to serve them..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I love how in Europe they outright refuse to merge servers because of language barrier but on US I get stuck with moronic BRs who ninja loot and die to trash mobs in regular mythics. Fun stuff.
    Europe already have a languge barrier between every single country

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Well they'd be right to think that of course. Because you are racist fucks. Just look that the president you've elected. I mean.. it's pretty damn obvious at this point.
    ~25% of Americans voted for Trump therefore the whole country is racist?

All you're proving with your posts is that judgemental dickheads on the internet are a global problem.

My underpopulated server got merged with another server. The server they chose to merge us with was the unofficial Czech server. Now we can't find a guild or raid group because they only want Czech speakers, and you get flamed for using English in trade chat.

Blizzard knew what they were doing when they merged the realm, but they didn't care about the English speakers. They ignored the forum posts about it and when complaining to support they were more than happy to take our money to server transfer instead of doing the honourable thing and giving us free transfers to an English realm.

Edit: For the record, I play with people from all across Europe all the time, I have no problems with that; but I don't have any desire to learn how to read Czech, and think that Blizz would be better served making it officially a Czech realm.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2017-07-01 at 09:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    It just sucks that your raidframes is spammed with ???????'s because blizzard thinks they dont need to add cyrillic support for raidframes (or force russians to use latin letters for their names for easier communication)
    Default raid frames have support for Cyrillic since late Cata or early MoP, you should check your addons and/or font replacement packs.

They still don't have any kind of transliteration though, that's kinda annoying. But as it's mentioned earlier names w/ shitton of accents are annoying af too.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-01 at 09:28 AM.