Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    I absolutely despise levitating while in Void Form. It seems more and more like the D3 Archon.
    you're channeling the raw void itself. you're basically a gateway between realities at this point.

it's so fitting, and feels very powerful.

they should at least make a glyph to remove it or keep it.

I just find it over the top for the shadow priest. I imagine it as a more subtle mind-shattering caster, while levitating to be ready to unleash the void has a more "power hungry/powerlust" connotation to it that should be more appropriate for mages/warlock in my opinion - like StM I think.

It also seems the typical anime-ish "I WILL NOW UNLEASH MY TRUE POWERRRRRR" cliché scene.

I'm sure many will like it but for me is very 'unpriestly', I don't know how to explain it better.

At least I hope they will let the player jump during VF.

Big fan of the floating voidform personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huge fan myself of the levitate visual. No other class has that type of unique flavor. We lacked so much visual flavor.

ALL priests can levitate already so having Shadow be the one who uses levitation naturally and it be part of their flavor and visual, moar power to it! Love that shit lol
    I love how it looks when you're moving while casting in VF as well. It's exciting to see yourself cast Void Eruption and rising up to let yourself and others know that your're about to go HAM af! Imo, it gives Void Eruption's cast time hella merit.

- - - Updated - - -

Dispersion needs a new animation, imo. And having levitate on yourself makes your stance look like you're in combat. I think they should change that. It should only change when you're targeting an enemy or in combat while using our levitate spell.

- - - Updated - - -

And icing on the cake, Power Word: Shield should get a shadow tint to it. maybe even have it become a new shield spell with a new effect on break. lol js
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2017-07-01 at 01:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like it might be time to finally play a caster

Can you jump while in void form? If not that's really annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Can you jump while in void form? If not that's really annoying.
    You can and it actually seems to move you further than non-voidform jump because you are levitating! Even more so if your movement speed is increased from what I can tell.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-07-01 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you're channeling the raw void itself. you're basically a gateway between realities at this point.

it's so fitting, and feels very powerful.

they should at least make a glyph to remove it or keep it.
    I sort of agree that the levitating doesn't fit the class fantasy to well, but it's a cool visual flair that I will accept.

I think it would be cooler if they did something along the lines of void tentacles moving you across the ground. Think how the sha creatures move. That creepy body stays still but centipede/octopus like void tendrils move you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    You can and it actually seems to move you further than non-voidform jump because you are levitating! Even more so if your movement speed is increased from what I can tell.
    Does Voidform give you slowfall like Levitate as well? If it does, that would be absolutely awful on fights where you get knocked into the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Quttan View Post
    Does Voidform give you slowfall like Levitate as well? If it does, that would be absolutely awful on fights where you get knocked into the air.
    People have pointed out that this is likely just an early PTR thing. You're thinking a bit too far ahead considering these visual changes have at least a couple months to be worked on before they're actually going into boss content on the live servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quttan View Post
    It works exactly like the new Levitate works.
    You can now jump while Levitating and when jumping off a ledge or stairs it kind of pushes you forward, similar to DH's Glide.
    Being able to jump also applies to DK's Wraith Walk and apparently to any similar spell, but Death Knight's don't receive the benefit of slow falling.

But as qactuar mentioned, actually levitating during Void Form might change, and I expect them to give it the DK treatment where it doesn't provide slow fall, it simply allows you to float.
    Nonetheless it looks really cool right now. Mind Blast also changes to a new cast animation while in Void Form, so you feel more like a Shadowcaster from D&D or a character out of Warhammer. It's amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-07-01 at 05:00 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So just came back from some testing on the PTR and I got to say.. wow it looks realy cool!
    I got couple of points tho.

* Levitating: Cool idea, makes me feel powerfull in combination with the idle animation(getting ready to cast something), But I am unsure if this is the right take for shadow, while in voidform and jumping around it looks stupid instead of cool for some reason. On the plus side I saw hair moving while casting and facial expression are there.

* Shadowform: I think the purple flames feel nice, it still realy looks like wip, because a lot of effects were flickering with armor and stuff.
    The glyph to make you less shadowy is not changed, feels like it's not working properly yet.

*Void Torrent: Change the animation to be like the new one for Howling blast and Deathcoil. Make it look steady while channeling and done.
    Yea it's not realy raising it to the sky when using that animation, but still it would make so much more sense atleast. Also noticed this void effect when channeling has been buffed. It looks larger now.

*Power Word: Shield: Well.. damn just for the love of god, please make this a void Barrier. I can't wait how that would look like!
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-07-01 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    I just find it over the top for the shadow priest. I imagine it as a more subtle mind-shattering caster, while levitating to be ready to unleash the void has a more "power hungry/powerlust" connotation to it that should be more appropriate for mages/warlock in my opinion - like StM I think.

It also seems the typical anime-ish "I WILL NOW UNLEASH MY TRUE POWERRRRRR" cliché scene.

I'm sure many will like it but for me is very 'unpriestly', I don't know how to explain it better.

At least I hope they will let the player jump during VF.
    At this point the only thing that is more subtle mind-shattering caster are the spell names and your specialization description.
    They took priest into the void monster direction at the start of Legion. You are baiscally carrying an old god around which constantly whispers you and gives you power of the void in exchange for your sanity.

oh god. i find all the animations ugly like hell and way too much pompous. like always...
    it dont look like a stylish smooth but high quality understatement. it looks like "pachuuuiiiii boom bang" fireworks lame standard shit. overdosed, uninspired, ugly and lame.

this game gets uglier and uglier...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-07-02 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    oh god. i find all the animations ugly like hell and way too much pompous. like always...
    it dont look like a stylish smooth but high quality understatement. it looks like "pachuuuiiiii boom bang" fireworks lame standard shit. overdosed, uninspired, ugly and lame.

As a spriest, you're carrying around an old god and you're channeling the powers of beings that are canonically more powerful than Sargeras himself.
    The new animation changes reflect that.

As if Spriest wasn't awesome enough with the new Voidform mechanic at the start of the expansion, Blizzard just went and made it 10x better. Glad I rerolled Priest now.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Now the real question is, did they fixed sphere of insanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine
    At this point the only thing that is more subtle mind-shattering caster are the spell names and your specialization description.
    They took priest into the void monster direction at the start of Legion. You are baiscally carrying an old god around which constantly whispers you and gives you power of the void in exchange for your sanity.
    True, and I don't like this direction. When they first revealed the new shadow priest, I hoped that they would have made the spec act a little as an old god (illusions, deceive, making OTHERS insane...) since most our spells were already perfectly named for it, instead they decided to push the 'overfilled with power, uncontainable' caster. I still think that it's something that if it wasn't for the old gods excuse, it would have been better suited for a mage or a warlock as a 'fantasy'.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Wow.. dramaqueen.. your realy overreacting

Deleted
    I don't know why are you unhappy guys. These animations are AMAZING. Feel so pumped now about playing my spriest.