Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Why do you need a ton of gold?

You can make Obliterum out of almost every crafting profession.

You can make Bloods hand over fist with Bloodhunter (i regularly land about ~150/week per toon just doing Emissaries) and can turn those into crafting mats if you need them.

All of my characters are ~910-ish; i never raid, haven't done a Mythic+ in months, dont do BGs or Arena.

Its all crafted. Or just Broken Shore. You can literally fly around (or ride around, its still not hard) and open the Wyrmtounge chests and get thousands of shards an hour without even fighting mobs. Kill the rare mobs and its even more.

its really not that hard, even for a fresh 110.
    Ok and it's still time consuming. I said at the very least it cost gold. Saying it's "absurdly easy" is still misleading, because it is relative. Maybe you get better return because you play multiple char? Not everyone does.

What are shards going to get you? 880 gear. I purchased a handful of them, and not a single one was upgraded. That's rng for you. Decided to purchase other things with them, as I was already getting 880+ gear from pvp.

Ease has nothing to do with time consumed. Something can be quite easy, but time consuming. Somehing can be quite difficult, and take mere seconds.

Dont conflate the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Ease has nothing to do with time consumed. Something can be quite easy, but time consuming. Somehing can be quite difficult, and take mere seconds.

Dont conflate the two.
    I didn't say it did.

Saying something is absurdly easy while failing to mention it is time consuming, is misleading. Because it leads people to believe it doesn't take much effort, when in reality, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I didn't say it did.

Saying something is absurdly easy while failing to mention it is time consuming, is misleading. Because it leads people to believe it doesn't take much effort, when in reality, it does.
    No, it doesn't. It leads them to believe it is easy.

It doesn't even mention time.

The fact that you inferred something that wasn't even touched on is a failure on your part, not mine. Read what is stated. Dont try to invent things between the lines that aren't said.

And getting the bloodthirsty title was easy too, but I would think to mention that it is time consuming.

You made an argument that it's absurdly easy to gear to 900 via crafting/that it isn't even hard for a fresh 110 to do it. You implied it doesn't really take any time and effort, but it does. That's misleading. End of story.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-07-24 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Are you sure it's a week to catch up from zero to within 10%? I stopped checking months ago, but when I did this, the catch-up was something like 4 weeks thanks to the artifact.

How are things now? How high do you get from zero in a week? Assume 2 hours per evening. If you can get in a week to within 10% of the top, that would be fine. Not an improvement from past expansions, sure, and obviously the ceiling is now moving instead of staying, and there are other problems like (cough) having to PVE instead of PVP, etc, etc, but still, a week would not be too bad.
    I mean, the top being ~58 traits and ilvl 930, there is no chance you're going to get close in around a week, that's for sure. Within 10%, maybe.

Given that 1-40AK is about ~8 days (5 hours per AK level). During that wait time you could possibly get ~890 ilvl if you are being smart (doing PvE content etc), playing 2hrs a day. Then you'd need maybe another few hours of doing WQs to get to ~48 traits after getting AK40 (remember you were already gathering AP while at AK35-39, so you should be at a decent trait level already when hitting AK40).

Within a little over a week you could "easily" be at a somewhat competitive position in 7.2.5 (certainly within 10% of "the top"), especially if you disregard concordance (which you shouldn't do because it's very valuable... but it's hard to measure how valuable, in percentages).

But honestly, most PvPers are <910 ilvl and with ~54 traits max, especially below 2.2k. So comparing against the top is a bit... wonky.

^^ Thank you.

Deleted
    it has been worse

Deleted
    When was the pvp actually good in wow?
    I can't seem to remember.
    What I remember is that it got worse with almost every expansion.
    It's not rockbottom yet, but it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
    No it has not. This is the worst pvp has ever been.
    Agreed 100% .. As some one who is casual(sh) about rated .. jumps in and out by season if I can find a good comp for the spec I play (notice how I never play a spec for a comp, rather TRY and find a comp for the spec I enjoy that expansion) its the hardest its ever been because hardcore rated players won't play with me -which is understandable and ok- and semi-casuals like me rather do PvE today ..

Why don't they design rated gaming experience for players who ONLY play the spec they enjoy .. in other words 90% of the player base????

PvP is so bad you had to start yet another stupid, useless and predictably boring thread on about how bad PvP is.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Why don't they design rated gaming experience for players who ONLY play the spec they enjoy .. in other words 90% of the player base????
    It's been said 100 times: because they want you to roll FotM specs. If you're leveling other toons it keeps you subbed longer since you won't finish what you want on your main as fast.

PVP is so bad that... it's clear they've been listening to the communities input, they've given you everything you ask for.

Deleted
    Chaos bolt 2.9m dmg
    Windburst 2 mil dmg
    Glacial spike 3m dmg
    Execute 2m dmg

what the fuck is wrong with this pvp? And I am not even small ilvl ~890 with everything unlocked on my artifact.
    As a shaman I have 4.2m hp as resto and 5.4m as enha but this dmg is just wrong.
    Most freaking unbalanced pvp in my mmo gaming history.

I am glad my sub is ending in 2 days. Not worth investing my time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    PVP is so bad that... it's clear they've been listening to the communities input, they've given you everything you ask for.
    Holinka admitted they asked PVE players why they don't PVP. And all the changes were geared to making it easier for PVE players.

PVP players were told shut up and sit at the back of the bus lol.

Templates don't work for world PVP and no new BG's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarox View Post
    Chaos bolt 2.9m dmg
    Windburst 2 mil dmg
    Glacial spike 3m dmg
    Execute 2m dmg

what the fuck is wrong with this pvp? And I am not even small ilvl ~890 with everything unlocked on my artifact.
    As a shaman I have 4.2m hp as resto and 5.4m as enha but this dmg is just wrong.
    Most freaking unbalanced pvp in my mmo gaming history.

I am glad my sub is ending in 2 days. Not worth investing my time here.
    Templates are supposed to stop things like this...but I guess not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Holinka admitted they asked PVE players why they don't PVP. And all the changes were geared to making it easier for PVE players.
    Maybe they should have asked PvE players why they DO PvP. Maybe then they wouldn't have made PvP gearing useless for PvE players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

people that wine about wow pvp usually are pretty bad at it (meaning that they never been at top ~1-2% of players in 2s & 3s ever)
    leg pvp is a lot better than wod and mop. mop was a 2gcd burst and 60 second cc chain shitshow and wod was just budget unabalcned crap
    so what do u wine about
    Last edited by tankelele; 2017-07-30 at 11:59 PM.

PvP is so bad that I can get 2400 one season on my main, then struggle to get 2k the following season, Yet can log a character i've played for 5 hours and get 2200.

current pvp is like raiding in tbc. Bring the class, not the player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankelele View Post
    people that wine about wow pvp usually are pretty bad at it (meaning that they never been at top ~1-2% of players in 2s & 3s ever)
    leg pvp is a lot better than wod and mop. mop was a 2gcd burst and 60 second cc chain shitshow and wod was just budget unabalcned crap
    so what do u wine about
    Wrong on so many levels, There is a reason the majority of rank 1 players you see on twitch have suddenly found an interest in pve since Legion - because pvping is aids right now. Its almost impossible to beat counter comps and its frustrating the entire time you are losing, too. Don't even bring up the current state of 2s, either - sweet jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    And getting the bloodthirsty title was easy too, but I would think to mention that it is time consuming.

You made an argument that it's absurdly easy to gear to 900 via crafting/that it isn't even hard for a fresh 110 to do it. You implied it doesn't really take any time and effort, but it does. That's misleading. End of story.
    Did you really say that it is easy to accumulate 250k hks? I farmed 100k on my hunter alone and that has been since wrath. Are you smoking meth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunchy View Post
    Did you really say that it is easy to accumulate 250k hks? I farmed 100k on my hunter alone and that has been since wrath. Are you smoking meth?
    I was using the same type of argument as the person I responded to. You know, as an example.

I could say getting 250k hks is easy (because anyone can get it given enough time) but that would be misleading. Please do try to keep up.