"Honestly" and "let's be honest"

"Honestly, I don't even know what we're supposed to study."

"Let's be honest, when was the last time we hung out?"

What the fuck does honesty have to do with these situations? Why would you lie in these situations? Why are these 2 expressions being so abused without any real reason to be so? Consider the opposite:

"I know what I'm supposed to study, but I'm pretending I don't, even though we're here studying for this subject at 8 AM at the library."

"Let's be DISHONEST about the last time we hung out."

Do you all lie so fucking much these days you have to add honestly or let's be honest every time you tell the truth, cause holy shit.

Honestly, this thread is fucking stupid let's be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    cause holy shit.
    yeah holy shit indeed that you're getting upset over a figure of speech.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-07-02 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah holy shit indeed that you're getting this upset over a figure of speech.
    It's shit like this why some people can't find jobs. They say things like "honestly" and suddenly everything they said prior is a lie.

Some woman lost her job because she forgot some almonds and hand lotion in her pocket, handed them in and used the words "here, these are for you". It was assumed to be a bribe and she was fired. Scary, because that's probably the words I'd use too if I realized I accident left something in my pocket.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, getting triggered over a figure of speech is honestly retarded.

In my honest opinion, this thread is shite.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Honestly, this thread is fucking stupid let's be honest.
    Let's be honest, the guy is trying to start a pointless conversation about this shit. Honestly, I don't feel any different about how it's put. I can't lie this is how I speak in real life.

Deleted
    If your institutes of education aren't good enough... figure your wait our. You think society is wrong? There is a science for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Why are these expressions being so abused without any real reason to be so? Consider these:
    Literally. Triggered. Hate. Fail. Epic. Butthurt. umadbro. Retarded. Like. Up in here. Amazing. Having said that. Granular.

Probably could list a dozen more.

Deleted
    Trust your fellow humans. Get their wisdom, their knowledge and evolve. Ignore the "others".. You sacrifice your existence if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I try to avoid saying those since it seems like I lied up until I said "lets be honest"
    Let's be honest, most of us are lying about something most of the time when interacting with others.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Let's be honest, most of us are lying about something most of the time when interacting with others.
    No it's not a lie. Stop confusing people who will take action.