Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    Deleted

We found the reason why the game used to be great. PRESTIGE

The opinion goes like this:

In the times of "no transmog" everyone was ugly. So it was prestigious to have a raid tier set.
    This created a cycle of people watching players with said tiers and them wanting to raid to be like them.

It was an endless cycle each expansion to "be able to be cool i need a complete tier set".

This was the main incentive for raiding. People wanting to be cool looking.

Now? There is transmog and people dont care about nothing no more because everyone looks cool.
    This destroyed the cycle of PvE incentive and quest for prestige.

Meaning, there is no incenitve no more for raiding. Only item level...but who cares about that? Heroic/Mythic Raiders, a minority.

This thread is related to this one
    (Just an example on how to give prestige back)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-30 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It's pretty obvious to me now.
    There used to be prestige in the old days were transmog was not possible, so you had to raid to "look cool".
    And there used to be prestige in doing raids.

What wow needs now is Prestige levels. Prestige for everyone!
    Interesting concept, wanting yet another grind.

It's still great, and prestige is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd say that a time when simply reaching max level was considered hardcore being in the past, is a good thing. Wanna be considered a prestigeous player today? Gotta beat actually demanding content. 15 out of 40 raiders could be along for the ride to pad the raid roster back then.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Interesting concept, wanting yet another grind.
    I think it's got potential. Sure it's a grind, but only the hardcore people will be assed to grind for bragging rights, just like back in Vanilla.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

You still have to raid to look cool. Raid to get the new sets when they come out, and show them off. By the time everyone has the new sets, a new raid is out. Want to stretch your epeen even more? Do mythic and flex off those special-snowflake-specific sets.

Prestige is still in the game but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We"

I'm sure you won't lump me into that group.

Good. Thanks.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wat? Even when I was a Hardcore Raider in WoW's Early years my Character ended up looking like a Clown 90% of the time since gear with good stats was often mismatched.

Always reminds me of this picture.

Remember when T2 looked like balls dipped in fire? Oh the days of Judgement being an ugly set.

Sorry, but nobody really cares about the pixels worn by somebody else.

Mean people miss feeling like they are better than other people for putting more time into the game?

a) Exploration
    b) Community
    c) Adventure
    d) Prestige

Dude BIS was often a hodgepodge of gear sets. Having a full set of the best gear in the game now is WAY more prestigious then it was pre cata (aside from t3) AND you can look cool.

Try again.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    In the times were there was no transmog you had to complete a tier set

Oh the joy of completing a tier set. It was the best feeling in the world. (without transmog)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    In the times were there was no transmog you had to complete a tier set

Oh the joy of completing a tier set. It was the best feeling in the world. (without transmog)
    So basically this is just a thinly veiled transmog hate thread?

Oh and you would still have to complete a tier set today to use it as transmog so your argument is invalid. Transmog doesn't just suddenly grant you a free tier set from the current raid.

Also you had to complete a tier set for the bonus back then. Not for looks.

Forgive me if I don't take anything more you post on this seriously now you have just proven this is a thread to dump on transmog rather than a discussion about prestige.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-02 at 03:15 AM.

Yes you can get a similar experience in normal or heroic in clearing the content. Doing it again at yet another difficulty that's more frustrating than challenging isn't really that appealing to most. It doesn't really help that most sets post Wotlk have looked like generic crap.

Transmog was one of the best additions to the game. Your opinion is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yes you can get a similar experience in normal or heroic in clearing the content. Doing it again at yet another difficulty that's more frustrating than challenging isn't really that appealing to most. It doesn't really help that most sets post Wotlk have looked like generic crap.
    That's really subjective though. I mean I personally hated the WoD sets but there are people who liked them.

Also you might not enjoy doing something on increasing difficulties but it's not fair to assume the majority of the playerbase doesn't.

Deleted
    They should integrate wowprogress.com's pve score into the game and display it above everyone's head. Also include an option to hide everyone from my game who has less than 5000 pve score.