Deleted

Add new races without creating a huge starting zone

Look, one of the cool things about the Warcraft universe is the diversity and amount of races. Also eveyrone has their favorites and so on. But it's literally ages since we had races added to the game, and i' am one of those old stubborn guys who are still baffled Ogres aren't playable.

So if the problem to give us new race is because they want to create a huge starting zone, i would much rather have a smal, or even no, starting zone.

Just gives us a small introduciton to who these guys are, what are we doing, why we are alliance/horde, and then we move on with the normal world content.

Also because if we look at the last starting zones created (Pandarens, Goblins, Worgens) they ar eall GIGANTIC zones with a slew of quests and scripted events. It's really great the first time you play, but after that and you know the story... it's rly jsut a much longer starting zone to go thorugh.
    A bit too excessive in my opinion.

I would much rather have my Ogre starting from the damn Orc zone taking apples from cactuses then have to wait 6 years for the right content to be made.

---------------

On a side note, there are a LOT of races "addable" to the game with alreayd good starting assets to work with, saving much dev time.

I agree. While an elaborate starting zone can really help to introduce people to a race and give it a character that it might not otherwise be able to pull off while just appearing now and then throughout the main plot of an expansion, I don't see it at absolutely necessary either, especially depending on the race.

While I'd love to see a full ogre starting area that includes something like Highmaul or the city Goria ( https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...08f9ae9125844f ), one of the reasons I want ogres is because of how well they already fit into the Horde thematically. You could drop them into the orc starting area and you'd still feel like you're an ogre and that ogres are part of the Horde.

I've brought this up in the past in relation to Alliance high elves. Since they're just a recolor of blood elves, it would be understandably controversial if they got added as the Alliance race in a major expansion. I've pitched them as a "patch race" before that would demand less work, and part of that would be that I would be fine if they were just thrown into the human starting area, for example. They share enough thematic similarity with the Alliance, and they appear in a few key places like Dalaran enough that there would be no mistake as to what a high elf is, even without that dedicated focus.

I'll admit, if we get the standard one race per faction next expansion and they're just thrown in, I'll be pretty disappointed (although I won't complain if ogres are one of them ;P). However, if they start adding races a little more regularly, or more than two races, with the trade-off that they don't have as much focus, I would accept it. While I champion ogres specifically, there are a lot I'd like to see (naga are another big one for me), so I'd be happy if we started getting them more often so we could get through the list.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-04 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They went out of their way to add starting areas for Trolls and Gnomes, which used to shares starting areas with other races.

Their stance is clear, they want every race to have it's own starting experience. Now, after a few tutorial quests, they aren't necessarily against new races sharing a zone (Durotar, Dun Morogh), but I can't see them adding new races without adding a zone to accommodate them.

Ogres

Starting Area: Dustwallow Marsh
    Capital City: Dire Maul
    Region: The lake above Dire Maul would be converted into a gigantic, stone fortress-city with exits into Feralas, Mulgore, 1K Needles, and the Barrens.

Anything else?

I wanna be a titan in the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think would be better too, like with blood eles and draeneis, i love worgens and goblins but to go through all those quest to play one is painful after a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Look, one of the cool things about the Warcraft universe is the diversity and amount of races.
    Not really. Most classes are predominantly one or two races because of racial abilities. How many druids did you see go Troll on the Horde side at Catacylsm? Most raiding ones did because the Troll racials are better. Most Horde hunters are Orcs or BElves with the odd Troll/Goblin thrown in every so often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    They went out of their way to add starting areas for Trolls and Gnomes, which used to shares starting areas with other races.

Their stance is clear, they want every race to have it's own starting experience. Now, after a few tutorial quests, they aren't necessarily against new races sharing a zone (Durotar, Dun Morogh), but I can't see them adding new races without adding a zone to accommodate them.
    Yeha, a few introduction quests like those of Trolls and gnomes are absolutely okay and won't take much dev time, it still feels fine (and in my opinion even better in the long run) then the huge staarting zones with hours and hours of work put into it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Not really. Most classes are predominantly one or two races because of racial abilities. How many druids did you see go Troll on the Horde side at Catacylsm? Most raiding ones did because the Troll racials are better. Most Horde hunters are Orcs or BElves with the odd Troll/Goblin thrown in every so often.
    And then you have people who want to play the master race, so they play Tauren. ^_^

I'd prefer smaller ones like the Troll and Gnome segments. Enough for me to get an idea of what my race is about and what makes them great, but doesn't keep me there too long so I can get to playing in the bigger zones where most other races start to mix in together so I can start running into other players and start making new friends faster.