Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Summer Games Done Quick 2017

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Will catch what I can, but work has been a bitch lately. Glad they release it all on Youtube. Schedule-wise, as in recent events, I don't recognize most runners. But there are some games I wanna see that I haven't seen before. Freedom Planet, Clustertruck, Jackal, Shadow of the Colossus, Link to the Past Swordless (by Andy no less), Superhot, and Mario Kart 64 is always good fun. Let the donations commence!

Nowadays i just wait for the 'you need to watch this crazy 5 minute pokemon run' type stuff, aside from that i wait for the cringe compilations.

There are a bunch of games I'd like to watch get the speedrun treatment in this years schedule, but I am really looking forward to the Shadow of the Colossus run, because I like the game and a favorite twitch streamer of mine will read donations during the run! Other than that, my interest is on the D2 Assassin run, the doom(2016) run, SWJK2JO and the half life games.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh this year game lineup is kinda ok i guess? i'm more interested at the European Speedrunner assembly thats gonna be rolling at the end of the month
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

The donations that get read are always so long and awkward. It really kills the mood.

And I'm disgusted at the "kill/save the animals" cult that gets thrown around. Do these people feel no shame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I woke up and checked the schedule and loaded the stream. They're like two hours behind. Unless the schedule didn't properly recognize my time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The donations that get read are always so long and awkward. It really kills the mood.

And I'm disgusted at the "kill/save the animals" cult that gets thrown around. Do these people feel no shame?
    Shame of what? Because a few pixels get saved/killed?

Or is the cult of soccer/nascar/whatever sports fan so much better?

I really hope you get the irony

10+ Year Old Account

Why because of a classic run incentive?
    I'm disgusted at you being disgusted at such a nice game like super metroid.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Do these people feel no shame?
    These are speedrunners. 99 times out of 100 they are always a little 'strange' and eventually they all seem to hit that wall where someone beats there time again and they realise the whole thing is an exercise in entropy and futility and they have a huge breakdown. Go look up cosomo. Speed running is half 'oh hey that glitch is interesting' and half freak show at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Why because of a classic run incentive?
    I'm disgusted at you being disgusted at such a nice game like super metroid.
    Trust me, generally it's a bunch of vegan people being disgusted about virtual pixels being abused like that. Last year was the same deal <3
    @dope_danny

The fact that you call speedrunning "half a freakshow" says enough about you not having a clue on it there are quite a few normal social speedrunners around. Sadly this is the general image people have of speedrunning because the "freaks" get the main stage most of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed in no Mario Maker race again
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Outside of the Final Fantasy full run.. the schedule is veyr meh
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably watch the sm64 part and that's it.

Shame there's no F-zero GX run. That game is probably the best speedgame to watch.

Omgggggg it's so cringy this year. I've only tuned in for bits and pieces and so far I've seen:
    1. A massive group hug at the end of the run between fat/dorky losers.
    2. Some couch guy actually was singing and had the camera focused on him during a run.
    3. In some Final Fantasy game, in the game the characters did squats, so everyone in the room did squats too in a weird format.

Like. C'mon. I'm not hitching just to bitch, but I dont understand how people can do awkward stuff like this in front of 123k viewers like it's normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot to say that it's super hard to watch, for me. Like,the games sucking is one thing, but consistently the runners make things so weird that I can't bring myself to keep watching even for entertainment value.

Omgggggg it's so cringy this year. I've only tuned in for bits and pieces and so far I've seen:
    2. Some couch guy actually was singing and had the camera focused on him during a run.
    3. In some Final Fantasy game, in the game the characters did squats, so everyone in the room did squats too in a weird format.

Like. C'mon. I'm not hitching just to bitch, but I dont understand how people can do awkward stuff like this in front of 123k viewers like it's normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot to say that it's super hard to watch, for me. Like,the games sucking is one thing, but consistently the runners make things so weird that I can't bring myself to keep watching even for entertainment value.
    The most ackward thing about it are people like you with clearly no real social skill outside of the internet. Real people ejoy the ridicule stuff as a group gathering, shockers, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The most ackward thing about it are people like you with clearly no real social skill outside of the internet. Real people ejoy the ridicule stuff as a group gathering, shockers, not.
    Yep..yeah..this must be it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Only watched parts of the FF7 run, which was really good and not boring in the slightest btw for an 8 hour long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people with 14,000 posts on mmo-champion allowed to call others "dorky losers?" :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Anyone know if there will be additional Breath of the Wild run later today or just the Any% which is show on the schedule?

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

There was some donation incentive for a BotW run, which was reached, certainly it wasn't for a run already on schedule?
    That shit looks cool. Actually a few of tonight's games are interesting. I'll try to tune in starting from Mario 64 in 2 hours.