Mage Tower Challenge

Hi Guys,

I have started the mage tower challenge last night for enhancement shammy, after gaining 11 ilvls the challenge seems harder. All 3 have more health than before also the timers for abilities are off. There is a phase where the jarl enrages, sygrin gets the fel buff thing, there are runes on the floor and the valkyries come at the same time. Tries it 2 weeks ago and none of this was happening. Any idea if they changed the challenges or if they scale with ilvl?

Thanks for your time.

I did it with with 913 yesterday, felt as it was a bit of rng involved, sometimes I had all the mechanics happening at once, took about 8 tries before I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I did it with with 913 yesterday, felt as it was a bit of rng involved, sometimes I had all the mechanics happening at once, took about 8 tries before I got it.
    Thanks for the reply. Had all abilities happen at once about 5 times, got really frustrated. i"ll try it again today, hopefully get better luck.

- - - Updated - - -

So I eitehr have stupid bad luck, or this challenge has been changed in some way. now all their abilities happen faster and i keep getting valkyrs fel sygrin and whirlind at the same time. i don't know what to do. Someone pls help

Disclaimer: I got this the first time the tower was up, so I don't know if they've messed with the encounter since then.

What worked for me was being very aggressive with Hexing whatsherface. Once the first hex wears off, you need to wait I think 20 seconds before you can re-cast it - but once that's done, do so immediately. When she's hexed, the Valkyr walls spawn considerably less frequently. You should be able to just focus on wailing on the caster dude (with heavy cleave), with CDs saved to burst through his bubbles.

Seriously, can't emphasize this enough: don't wait for her to cast her fel empowerment BS after the first Hex wears off - do so you as SOON as the DR period is past.

Hope that helps!
    Brightaegis - Enhancement Shaman - Stormrage

Watch the video guides, they help alot to get an idea of how the fight goes. Pay very close attention to the raid warnings or make a weakaura to remind you about them... the two big ones are the runes and the valkyr, both of which will kill you if you don't react fast enough. I made a weakaura to remind me, if I remember I'll post it here. Otherwise the fight is not too hard, remember that mechanics are more important then doing damage..... keep sigrn hexed at the start, hex her again when it breaks, then wait 20 sec before u hex again to avoid diminishing returns on CC. Other then that, just try to get the other 2 guys together and cleave as much as possible, break the shield when it pops, and just try to outlast.... once u get a few minutes in, many of the mechanics stop and u just worry about the shield and the valkyr. As for it getting more difficult, the challenge is not supposed to scale with gear (unless they changed something recently)... it may just be that the timing of the abiliites is not in your favor, when you hex sigryn it can change the timing so play around with that, like try to hex her at the start and do the fight then try again with fighting all 3 at the start and hex her 10 sec in or something.