Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone here lose a significant amount of weight?

Obviously on purpose.

What are some things you go through personally in terms of physically that most don't know good and bad?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I've lost 40kg once. The method? WoW raiding. I simply changed my diet and lost a lot of weight due to that. I've also trained a bit, but most weight lost due to diet.

Deleted
    Exercise whilst losing weight is heavily overexaggerated. Sure it helps but it's only 20% of the job. Eating right is the best approach. On top of that, maintaining a diet is really hard. Cravings become huge and if you ever end up in a good mood you might feel like its okay to slip one candy bar, which ofcourse is a set back.

Don't try and change your entire diet in one go. Weed away things by time. Replace unhealthy stuff with less unhealthy stuff. Turn 5 bottle of cokes a week into 3. If you go gradually you have a way higher chance of success.

After my second child, I lost about 25 pounds gained over my two pregnancies.

I just did Yoga, ran and spin cycling. Diet was the biggest factor- I am a healthy eater and always watch what I eat in terms portions to calories.

I lost 100 pounds. I have some unpleasant stretch marks. I had to buy new clothes. I have major heartburn issues but I'm unsure if that's related to my diet or weight loss

After being thin the first 20 years of my life, I spent the next 10 years at close to 300 lbs.

But in 2016 I decided to change it and subsequently dropped 95 lbs.

I lost 300lbs.

I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks and the best way for me to not have panic attacks was to do a bunch of cardio and weights until I couldnt walk. I was on so many pills at the time that I felt like a zombie So I tried working out and it worked.

I would like to throw in one more bit of info, When you are losing weight make sure you are tracking calories cause thats what worked for me.

Deleted
    I lost 50 pounds in just a matter of 3 months.

- Low calorie income by eating low-fat meat
    - High calorie output either through work or sporting (can even be walking) 1 hour a day
    - Do not buy anything "nice" for yourself as an reward until you're done and you got the weight you want

I was working a vacation job cleaning houses. That in combination with a 1200 calories intake made me burn atleast 1800 - 2000 calories per day. Good times

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Depends on how big you are and how fast you lose weight. I had issues with loose skin though that problem is long gone by now.
    And also, if you're fat then you might as well turn all that into muscle anyway instead of reaching your goal and then suddenly deciding you want to build muscle. That'd be a huge waste.
    The back pain I struggled with is also completely gone, and I am not as lazy as I used to be.

At my peak weight I was almost 300 lbs (135 kg) but in less than a year I had already lost 45 kg (100 lbs), it's a lifestyle change. Once you've gone through, you gotta stick with it for the rest of your life or you'll shoot right back up to your former weight if not even more.

If you can handle it, I'd say go for juicing, that's how I lost that much weight in under a year. A friend of mine has been juicing for 3 months now and he's already lost 20 KG, and the only thing he does on the side is to take his dog for walks up the small mountains we have in our area. Though depending on where you live in the world it can be kinda expensive.
    But you don't have to focus on working out if you don't want to do that, losing weight according to a lot of people who work in this field is 80% diet and 20% working out.
    A 30-60 minute walk should be fine. I had issues with working out in public areas because I felt like people stared at me and laughed, though that's all in your head. Most people are very supportive, at least where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Depends on how big you are and how fast you lose weight. I had issues with loose skin though that problem is long gone by now.
    And also, if you're fat then you might as well turn all that into muscle anyway instead of reaching your goal and then suddenly deciding you want to build muscle. That'd be a huge waste.
    The back pain I struggled with is also completely gone, and I am not as lazy as I used to be.

At my peak weight I was almost 300 lbs (135 kg) but in less than a year I had already lost 45 kg (100 lbs), it's a lifestyle change. Once you've gone through, you gotta stick with it for the rest of your life or you'll shoot right back up to your former weight if not even more.

If you can handle it, I'd say go for juicing, that's how I lost that much weight in under a year. A friend of mine has been juicing for 3 months now and he's already lost 20 KG, and the only thing he does on the side is to take his dog for walks up the small mountains we have in our area. Though depending on where you live in the world it can be kinda expensive.
    But you don't have to focus on working out if you don't want to do that, losing weight according to a lot of people who work in this field is 80% diet and 20% working out.
    A 30-60 minute walk should be fine. I had issues with working out in public areas because I felt like people stared at me and laughed, though that's all in your head. Most people are very supportive, at least where I live.
    Juicing? Do you mean like using a juicer, or using anabolic steriods? Where I'm from juicing means steriods, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Obviously on purpose.

What are some things you go through personally in terms of physically that most don't know good and bad?
    thought I did three weeks in the desert in texas but oddly i weighed the same was just heavier in different places.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Juicing? Do you mean like using a juicer, or using anabolic steriods? Where I'm from juicing means steriods, lol.
    Juicing https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg <--

You use one of those to break down fruits / veggies and then you drink that 3 / 4 times a day instead of eating.
    You can drink water on the side ofc.

Some people do eat nuts on the side as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was up to 255. I have come down to 195 over the last 4.5 years. I should weigh between 136-178 lbs.

First thing I did was start riding a bike. I do exercise but not regularly. For the most part I credit my weight loss to my Job.

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously on purpose.

Why not by accident

I lost almost eighty pounds in three months by accident and I didn't even really notice until I was told by my doctor during screening for a surgery because he thought something was wrong with me.

I am in wheelchair and was very inactive (by very I mean I literally did almost no physically strenuous activity) in high school, by the time I went to college I weighed about 230 pounds. My dorm at college was at the bottom of a very large hill (probably half a kilometer down the hill from the campus), so every single day, multiple times a day I would have to push myself up the hill to get to class, to get food, to do anything really...

My diet didn't really change though, but my physical activity went through the roof. I didn't eat anywhere near enough to gain much muscle though, and pushing myself up that hill killed me every single time. So months later when I went to see my doctor about an upcoming surgery, they weighed me and were like "woah wtf is wrong with you", they thought I was sick or something since I lost so much weight so quickly.

I legit didn't even notice. I never really used a mirror other than like shaving or washing my hair in the morning, so I never saw a difference... And my legs were always jelly because of the wheelchair, so fat was just burning off of them without me paying much attention to it. And I was in so much pain from pushing myself uphill over and over and over that the difference in weight never became apparent, even at the end of the summer weighing only 150lbs, I felt like death after pushing myself up the hill... I never had any rest days or anything, even on the weekends I had to push myself up to get food and such. So I not only didn't eat enough to gain any muscle, but I never had any time to recover so I was actually really hurting/damaging myself.

All of that combined to just one day the doctor being like "wtf you weighed 230lbs three months ago and now you weigh 150lbs" and I literally just did not even notice.

Also if you are wondering how no one else commented on it... Its because it was during the summer just before my freshman year of college, the university offered a program for incoming freshman to help with writing (my writing skills were lacking from high school where I was a shit student), you paid like $250 or something and got to move into the dorms right at the beginning of the summer and live there all summer while taking the writing workshops. I was and still am an antisocial douchebag so I didn't make very many friends that summer, nor did I see my family at all... The people I talked to regularly just never mentioned it, though it may not have been that obvious since my attire wasn't really form fitting, I always wore a hoodie, even in the dead of summer, and dress pants to class; and there weren't that many people in the program.

---
    TL;DR: Eat enough and rest enough or you fuck yourself.

What worked for me was eliminating, not just reducing, anything that had High Fructose Corn Syrup, including basically all pastries, any drink that had either a sweetener or artifical sweetener (which leaves water, black tea for me, black coffee in place of tea for others), and on occasion just "not eating" even though I was MODERATELY hungry. Over time my tastes changed away from sweets, and my stomach shrunk a bit making me full with a smaller portion of food. The weight came off steadily, but not in a quick dramatic way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I lost 100 pounds. I have some unpleasant stretch marks. I had to buy new clothes. I have major heartburn issues but I'm unsure if that's related to my diet or weight loss
    I really appreciate all the responses but this is more what I was curious about. I've heard losing significant weight can come with serious health issues to watch for too even if healthy. So heart burn?

Almost 4 years ago I weighted 130 kg (I'm 1,83 m tall) because I didn't know my thyroid wasn't working properly, no matter how serious I took my diets and workouts, I always reached a point where I barely lost any fat, if any. After seeing several doctors one finally found out what was going on and I started this treatment.

The first month I lost 10kg and as I was all hyped I started training really hard. The treatment lasted for 6 months and fixed the problem, my thyroid now works fine, and I had lost 40 kg in total, but I kept training hard and looking very carefully the die, and after 1 year since I started the change I had lost 55kg. That's actually kinda lower than I should for my size, but I was so happy of finally being slim for the first time in my life, I just didn't care.

Then I met this guy at my gym. He's a personal trainer and we became best friends. And he's totally transformed me. Now I weight around 90kg, I'm very ripped and this has helped me to accomplish one of my dreams: becoming a policeman. Not to mention the increased self-esteem.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2017-07-03 at 08:07 PM.

I dropped about 10 kgs (22lbs) via dieting, then started eating like crap, but exercising (both is hard, milk protein shakes fuck your calorie intake over) 10 hours a week and lost another 15 kgs (33 lbs) in 7 months. Since I've been doing mostly weightlifting and a bit of cardio (70:30), there is probably another 4 kgs (9lbs) muscle mass I gained, so make that 19 kgs of fat I lost.

I want to drop about 7-8 more kgs, depending how much muscle I gain in the process. I want to reach my goal by November, which probably is gonna work quite well, despite losing most of July (exams and vacation), because I will have August, September and half of October off school, where I'm just gonna work out, apply for internships, study for exams and, additionally to my exercise, start eating healthier again. I'll be at my most ideal weight then, from then on I'll only focus on building more muscle and shift my diet so I run a steady calorie surplus. I don't know how much more muscle I wanna gain though, probably not much, my torso already feels freaking huge, I just need to trim the last fat for it to show more. Maintaining after that it is.

I dropped any sweets, sodas, snacks and greatly reduced my alcohol intake, avoided eating bread, rice, pasta, cheese (honestly, it feels like having lost my soulmate QQ) and all the other high calorie food. I can't wait to pick some of that up again. We will be reunited cheese. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why not by accident

I lost almost eighty pounds in three months by accident and I didn't even really notice until I was told by my doctor during screening for a surgery because he thought something was wrong with me.

I am in wheelchair and was very inactive (by very I mean I literally did almost no physically strenuous activity) in high school, by the time I went to college I weighed about 230 pounds. My dorm at college was at the bottom of a very large hill (probably half a kilometer down the hill from the campus), so every single day, multiple times a day I would have to push myself up the hill to get to class, to get food, to do anything really...

My diet didn't really change though, but my physical activity went through the roof. I didn't eat anywhere near enough to gain much muscle though, and pushing myself up that hill killed me every single time. So months later when I went to see my doctor about an upcoming surgery, they weighed me and were like "woah wtf is wrong with you", they thought I was sick or something since I lost so much weight so quickly.

I legit didn't even notice. I never really used a mirror other than like shaving or washing my hair in the morning, so I never saw a difference... And my legs were always jelly because of the wheelchair, so fat was just burning off of them without me paying much attention to it. And I was in so much pain from pushing myself uphill over and over and over that the difference in weight never became apparent, even at the end of the summer weighing only 150lbs, I felt like death after pushing myself up the hill... I never had any rest days or anything, even on the weekends I had to push myself up to get food and such. So I not only didn't eat enough to gain any muscle, but I never had any time to recover so I was actually really hurting/damaging myself.

All of that combined to just one day the doctor being like "wtf you weighed 230lbs three months ago and now you weigh 150lbs" and I literally just did not even notice.

Also if you are wondering how no one else commented on it... Its because it was during the summer just before my freshman year of college, the university offered a program for incoming freshman to help with writing (my writing skills were lacking from high school where I was a shit student), you paid like $250 or something and got to move into the dorms right at the beginning of the summer and live there all summer while taking the writing workshops. I was and still am an antisocial douchebag so I didn't make very many friends that summer, nor did I see my family at all... The people I talked to regularly just never mentioned it, though it may not have been that obvious since my attire wasn't really form fitting, I always wore a hoodie, even in the dead of summer, and dress pants to class; and there weren't that many people in the program.

---
    TL;DR: Eat enough and rest enough or you fuck yourself.
    Wow damn. I meant on purpose but damn good information thanks. I'm just cautious about the losing too fast and hearing the metabolism slows down. Sometimes the body can react in ways unexpectedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    After my second child, I lost about 25 pounds gained over my two pregnancies.

I just did Yoga, ran and spin cycling. Diet was the biggest factor- I am a healthy eater and always watch what I eat in terms portions to calories.
    How did your body feel during then after. Like faster heart rate blood pressure any stomach problems with food you ate. Did your diet change like things you could eat and tolerate then couldn't or the other way around?

I really appreciate all the responses but this is more what I was curious about. I've heard losing significant weight can come with serious health issues to watch for too even if healthy. So heart burn?
    I don't know if they are related. Your body is pretty good at maintaining homeostasis. I lost it over 1 year and a half, so that's like 6 pounds a month