Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demonic Inquisition and 3 tanks

Can people please fuck off with their 3 tanks? If a raid member is spending more than 10/15 seconds in the torment room and dying in that time, with your own defensive cooldowns, then they need to learn to play and not "3 tanks needed".

Honest to god, do these people think they'll still need 3 tanks in 6 weeks time with ToS normal is on farm for pugs? I highly doubt it, so where goes their argument then?

/rant over

I've never even heard of 3 tanks for DI, why would you ever need that? o.O You only tank 1 boss and just swap when needed.

Deleted
    if you have a monk you can almost one-tank it (high dodge = no torment) so....wut

10+ Year Old Account
    if its a strategy that works and simplifies the fight for people, whats the big deal?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I've never even heard of 3 tanks for DI, why would you ever need that? o.O You only tank 1 boss and just swap when needed.
    Its a really common strat for Mythic... Maybe on heroic but normal is TopKek so not sure why anyone would do it on normal where the add can't even kill a clothie....

But on Mythic it is pretty much the go to strat when the boss will melee non tanks for 3 mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    You overestimate the quality of pugs in normal. So many ppl dying inside there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the fight is made easier, specially in the PUGs or groups who don't play at the best level, then why not? 3 tanks splifies it, 2 tanks outside can bounce the twirling boss around outside to keep it confined to smaller area, while the 3rd tank just keeps "making" orbs for people who enter the cage and keeps aggro off from people. Ofc the cage tanks swap, but that's a minor inconvenience.

In a PUG usually good tank team work does not exist, where tanks say or call out that they are going in or exiting.

We're an average raid group and 3 tank heroic, makes it simple, helps people get out faster and helps a bit lower geared/worse players to survive the cage and get out fast. Normal is relatively fine with 2 tanks.

But in all fairness if one happens to join a PUG then you kinda do what the PUG leader tell you to, even if you disagree and the leader does not want to listen to your "good advice". At least you ended up in a PUG which has a leader that is willing to put some work into it

"3 tanks needed" translates into shit leader or shit tanks; I'd stay away from that kind of group either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    [...] the boss will melee non tanks for 3 mil.
    Only one little detail - that never happens: dps/healers go out, tank-A goes out, tank-B jumps in, anyone that needs after that. Can't see a reason for 3rd tank there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    "3 tanks needed" translates into shit leader or shit tanks; I'd stay away from that kind of group either way.

Only one little detail - that never happens: dps/healers go out, tank-A goes out, tank-B jumps in, anyone that needs after that. Can't see a reason for 3rd tank there.
    You have not clearly PUGed or raided with bit weaker roster. Things happen, happen often. To be fair if you create a PUG you can never be sure that you get people in it that are up to the task, no matter what they parse on logs or what their progress is.
    If tank outside dies, fucks up in kiting the spinning boss and gets load of Torment, they need to go in and other tank go out, regardless have the DPSers/healers obtained enough orbs to get out.

3 tank is the safe way if you got a larger group then 14-20, why take the risk of wiping and having to wait to replace the failers? Specially that anyone with tanking spec can use their tank spec for it, be their MS healer or DPS.

But ofc when PUGing everyone has a choice to wait for a group which does it on heroic with just 2 tanks ^^.

A third tank removes any need for coordination on what's already an exceedingly low DPS check, so may as well bring it if you have one. If you feel that you absolutely need that extra DPS in the tank's spot then you should question why you're bringing such bad DPS in the first place.

Deleted
    Why use blood dks to soak shots on mythic mistress? Why use 3rd tank to tank templars away from raid on mythic desolate host? Why use 3rd tank to soak extra maiden smashes? Because cheese is the bee's knees.

Deleted
    I find it incredibly annoying if pugs with two capable tanks insist on waiting in q for 25 minutes to find a third one. Outside of that (really annoying) scenario, I don't see much of a point in it, since the add down won't kill you if a heal is down but go ahead and do your thing. In mythic your group should be coordinated enough to deal with 2 tanks.

Deleted
    It's mostly a pug problem but a 3rd tank works fine on many bosses in ToS. Nakloh mentioned that 2 replies ago. For Demonic Inquisition it takes the spice out of the whole thing. If you don't like the "3 tanks groups" then its simple... don't join them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I find it incredibly annoying if pugs with two capable tanks insist on waiting in q for 25 minutes to find a third one.
    In a PUG situation it could be annoying (which it probably is (as I am not that good to go and tank pugs; not gonna waste pugs time on me sucking hard or not fitting people's standards on "current" content; then don't know the actual scene)), although I wonder does any group actually ask in the raid is anyone with even a crapy tank OS wiling to take on the role of 3rd tank rather then waiting? Cause nowadays most classes which can tank have a tanking OS...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...tric=execution

Even on mythic quite some 3 tank comps.
    If it makes things easier, don't complain.

Having dps go in whenever the fuck they want/need without coordination simply makes things easier and gets things done.

Deleted
    Yeah sure, if your roster supports it, go for it. The problem is, that "We need a third tank" has been the instant comment in all the pugs on that boss when we wiped. In none of those cases a third tank would have done anything. People don't stop dying to bone saw, because you have a third tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Its a really common strat for Mythic... Maybe on heroic but normal is TopKek so not sure why anyone would do it on normal where the add can't even kill a clothie....

But on Mythic it is pretty much the go to strat when the boss will melee non tanks for 3 mil.
    Um no, most guilds 2 tank it it on mythic. People were 3 tanking it on the PTR(or speculating it would be 3 tanked) before they added the stacking DoT in the cage, there is literally no reason to 3 tank it now. Divide your raid into 2 groups that each go down with a tank. I feel bad for anyone in a guild who's raid leader/strat guy didn't do enough research and decided to 3 tank this and make it harder.

There's really no need for 3 tanks on any difficulty, but it does make the fight pretty braindead, so I can see why PuGs would want to do it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by 3allz View Post
    Can people please fuck off with their 3 tanks? If a raid member is spending more than 10/15 seconds in the torment room and dying in that time, with your own defensive cooldowns, then they need to learn to play and not "3 tanks needed".

Honest to god, do these people think they'll still need 3 tanks in 6 weeks time with ToS normal is on farm for pugs? I highly doubt it, so where goes their argument then?

/rant over
    Translation:

PuGs and some guilds find it easier to do a fight a certain way, reducing the chances to wipe and I am going to be a whiny salty p.o.s over something that has no effect on me whatsoever, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH why doesnt everyone do everything MY way WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

15+ Year Old Account
    Its come to a point were most pugs either 3tank it, or just skips it LOL

Wonder what happens first, ppl finally gets gud and kills it with just 2tanks, or blizzard tweaks norm/hc DI so u can 2tank it without ANY issues.

Im thinking the first is never gonna happen :/
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s