Deleted

Up To Date PVP Stat Templates?

hey,

blizz used to post the stat templates and spell/ability modifications for every class in a kind of overview, including all changes that apply in pvp.
    is there something like that, still? the old post on blizz forums does not exist any more.

thanks

Hello, author of PVPTooltips here.

Addons have now access to instanced stat templates (since patch 7.2 IIRC), so someone could pull that data and present it on a website for example, it is feasible.

For spell modifiers however, there is no easy way to find out how spells are modified in PVP without reading all hotfix notes since the release of Legion... That's basically how I update spells when I want to release a new version of my addon: read hotfix notes and hope Blizzard is accurate and hasn't forgotten anything (which is ... well LOL)

When PVP rules are enabled, Blizzard spell tooltips automatically change to take PVP nerf/buff in account, but it is incomplete. Some spells that are modified in PVP do not list correct values (such as Bear Form granting less armor in PVP). So basically, it sucks all around.
    Last edited by MrCool; 2017-07-04 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Hello, author of PVPTooltips here.

Addons have now access to instanced stat templates (since patch 7.2 IIRC), so someone could pull that data and present it on a website for example, it is feasible.

For spell modifiers however, there is no easy way to find out how spells are modified in PVP without reading all hotfix notes since the release of Legion... That's basically how I update spells when I want to release a new version of my addon: read hotfix notes and hope Blizzard is accurate and hasn't forgotten anything (which is ... well LOL)

When PVP rules are enabled, Blizzard spell tooltips automatically change to take PVP nerf/buff in account, but it is incomplete. Some spells that are modified in PVP do not list correct values (such as Bear Form granting less armor in PVP). So basically, it sucks all around.
    thanks for your answer, really sucks that there is no comprehensive list released by blizzard. guess they got confused will all their template modifications pretty fast.
    does your addon allow to see the pvp tooltip in normal zones (when not in a pvp zone)? im currently sitting at a training dummy theory crafting a little and would love to be able to see 'pvp tooltips'.

edit: nvm, reading the curse description i realized your addon allows seeing those tooltips outside pf pvp areas. nice.
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2017-07-04 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    thanks for your answer, really sucks that there is no comprehensive list released by blizzard. guess they got confused will all their template modifications pretty fast.
    does your addon allow to see the pvp tooltip in normal zones (when not in a pvp zone)? im currently sitting at a training dummy theory crafting a little and would love to be able to see 'pvp tooltips'.
    My addon displays coefficients on tooltips regardless whether you are in normal or pvp zone
    You can also press ALT before hovering your mouse on the spell, this will change value listed in tooltips.
    The caveat is that my addon could have incorrect data :P (I have like 90% confidence that my tooltips are accurate)

Deleted
    appreciate the effort