Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    For me it's either:
    a) Once my guild gets him down on mythic.
    b) And if it doesn't then i consider him dead once the next patch hits.

I'm not someone who cares about guilds outside of my own one; so world/server 1st's have no meaning to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have always followed the line up of, "World First Mythic kill".

That way, you can fill in that a group of heroes have taken down the foes. Some waits till next patch but in the sense of RP, that makes it a little untimed but it structures better.
    this is where it becomes hard to decide
    im sorta not dead set one one yet
    but the most interesting, and the cannon that seems to make the most sense is that each order hall has a leader "the legend" who weilds the artifacts, and is one of the main ones who fights the boss
    so the legendary paladin, warlock, demon hunter, etc, are the ones who killed kiljaden
    with the help of the legionfall taking care of the forces in the rest of the place like the little stuff
    thats the problem with blizz making us al lthe hero
    it does not give us a name, race, gender, for us to reference in RP just have to say "the legend" and try not to use "he" or "she" and say "they"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is where it becomes hard to decide
    im sorta not dead set one one yet
    but the most interesting, and the cannon that seems to make the most sense is that each order hall has a leader "the legend" who weilds the artifacts, and is one of the main ones who fights the boss
    so the legendary paladin, warlock, demon hunter, etc, are the ones who killed kiljaden
    with the help of the legionfall taking care of the forces in the rest of the place like the little stuff
    thats the problem with blizz making us al lthe hero
    it does not give us a name, race, gender, for us to reference in RP just have to say "the legend" and try not to use "he" or "she" and say "they"
    As I see it, I think that it is just a generic role given us, the snowflake complex. Reason my theory of us not being the right owners of the weapon, is so strong with me. As for my verdict on big events, I see it easier for servers to follow a certain event, either patch end or world first mythic kill, to make it easier to follow. And I say mythic due to well, the need of it to be an actual foe.

Of course, we could just look at it as being your LFR kill but some RP'ers have already killed him before LFR.

I always put the player as a mass, to just be the citizens, while the ones doing the progress and actual battle to be the 'heroes' they are acknowledge as when NPC's talk about previous fights.

I know we all have these sweet weapons and all, but something in me can't stop saying that we are basically the placeholders. I mean, I could EASILY see Arator taking the Ashbringer, Turalyon taking the Tanking or holy weapon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, I think that it is just a generic role given us, the snowflake complex. Reason my theory of us not being the right owners of the weapon, is so strong with me. As for my verdict on big events, I see it easier for servers to follow a certain event, either patch end or world first mythic kill, to make it easier to follow. And I say mythic due to well, the need of it to be an actual foe.

Of course, we could just look at it as being your LFR kill but some RP'ers have already killed him before LFR.

I always put the player as a mass, to just be the citizens, while the ones doing the progress and actual battle to be the 'heroes' they are acknowledge as when NPC's talk about previous fights.

I know we all have these sweet weapons and all, but something in me can't stop saying that we are basically the placeholders. I mean, I could EASILY see Arator taking the Ashbringer, Turalyon taking the Tanking or holy weapon.
    yeah we as the players in RP dont actually have the weapons, why with my artifacts i wont use the default skin, as that is "no longer" the weapon
    like the flaming ashbringer is just a flaming sword that has the shape of the ashbringer
    and yeah from all ive seen here and asking more people
    i think the best would be to wait till
    Mythic world first+LFR
    that way people have a chance to see the fight for themselves
    and we know of any special mythic only things that have a huge impact on the lore
    like yeah i killed Kiljaden day 1, and at that point we though it was server wide so i mentioned it and some people went "wat?"
    so not im waiting till LFR+Mythic kill comes out.
    And yeah the players should be citizens
    maybe members of their respective orders, but for like example
    i know someone on moonguard who is buddy buddy with the warlock Black Harvest Council and mightaswell be part of the council... To be fair they are also a black dragon because they drain souled a black dragon and became one so... >_>
    but like my charecter for example is a simple Invoker rank warlock. Those are rather strong, but super duper common, they are literally cannon fodder that the council sends out on missions

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't really RP but I would consider a boss dead when I personally contributed in killing them, regardless of difficulty or context. If your particular RP storyline doesn't involve raiding or dungeon-running then I would probably consider a boss dead when the next content patch, tier, or expansion hits the servers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah we as the players in RP dont actually have the weapons, why with my artifacts i wont use the default skin, as that is "no longer" the weapon
    like the flaming ashbringer is just a flaming sword that has the shape of the ashbringer
    and yeah from all ive seen here and asking more people
    i think the best would be to wait till
    Mythic world first+LFR
    that way people have a chance to see the fight for themselves
    and we know of any special mythic only things that have a huge impact on the lore
    like yeah i killed Kiljaden day 1, and at that point we though it was server wide so i mentioned it and some people went "wat?"
    so not im waiting till LFR+Mythic kill comes out.
    And yeah the players should be citizens
    maybe members of their respective orders, but for like example
    i know someone on moonguard who is buddy buddy with the warlock Black Harvest Council and mightaswell be part of the council... To be fair they are also a black dragon because they drain souled a black dragon and became one so... >_>
    but like my charecter for example is a simple Invoker rank warlock. Those are rather strong, but super duper common, they are literally cannon fodder that the council sends out on missions
    Well, in RP, we don't have the artifact, in my opinion either. Hence all mine are mogged.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, in RP, we don't have the artifact, in my opinion either. Hence all mine are mogged.
    Well the other apperances are not "the artifact" they are just weapons that look like it
    do we really think its cannon that the ashbringer got shattered, turned into electrcity, also got turned into fire, turned into shadow, and literally corrupted by the deathknights to be made of skulls?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't really RP but I would consider a boss dead when I personally contributed in killing them, regardless of difficulty or context. If your particular RP storyline doesn't involve raiding or dungeon-running then I would probably consider a boss dead when the next content patch, tier, or expansion hits the servers.
    thing is i can say to myself
    but i cant say to others
    for example kiljaden was killed, and argus appears in the sky
    if i have killed kiljaden and say "since the Legends helped kill Kiljaden, argus has plagued the sky"
    well others will go "oh what, what i dont see argus" then say as ive had a few say to me (i dont accept it being in the sky yet...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the other apperances are not "the artifact" they are just weapons that look like it
    do we really think its cannon that the ashbringer got shattered, turned into electrcity, also got turned into fire, turned into shadow, and literally corrupted by the deathknights to be made of skulls?
    Of course not, hence I see them all as replica.

Just a quick note for those who say thst it should be acknowledged when you personally do it, I disagree because then we'd have tons of people acknowledging it while another ton doesn't-kinda kills immersion when you and your 3 mates are crying about a planet appearing in the sky without warning while others don't give 2 fucks. This isn't that much of a problem if you RP with a smaller group of people but in general it really sucks imo. OT: The day the last wing of LFR is opened is the day that I acknowledge it.

Deleted
    I tend to work under the assumption in Rp that the boss dies -midway- through the patch. That way it means we have some leeway or time to prepare for our next endeavor (aka next content patch in technical terms), and allows for more free/camp role play. It becomes more prominent to emphasize on the fact that the big bad of the expansion (example Deathwing) has been dead for some time before the events of discovering Pandaria were even a concept.

It works well for our RP community and we never had any issues with that assumption, even server wide.