Deleted

Resto Shaman in Tyrannical+Grievous DHT

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some advice and tips on the first boss of DHT on Tyr+Grievous. I was on +14 and failed miserably to heal through the single target dot - Grievous Tear. I have 915 ilvl with the belt and feet leggos. Seems to me like a really tough fight for resto shaman, but I might be just bad. Thanks for any help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi @Zionkin What talents are you running? Do you have any NH or ToS tier? What dpsers did you have? Do you have any other legendaries?

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    I was running Torrent/Graceful Spirit/Crashing Waves/Ancestral Vigor/Echo/Ascendence. I don't have any tier set bonuses. My other legendaries besides some enhance ones are Roots of Shalandrassil and Sephuz. We were running DH tank, War, Monk and SPriest as dpsers.

The first leap was usually okay, problems started after the Primal Charge, with adds spawning and melee standing in goo on floor now and then. Then the Grievous Tear happen on either me or the priest and trying to top that person with the grievous affix was nearly impossible, with other people needing healing too.

A few pointers:

About legs: Belt should never be used. If someone is under 40%, you don't riptide, it's weak. Boots are only situational and only in raiding. Use sephuz and roots. You can activate sephuz on the adds on the CD of LS totem and roots will help you survive and target other players instead. And if you get the dot, even better. Besides, roots is BIS just because of the stats.

About gameplay: resto is a CD based spec. Difficult situations ask that you cast your CDs in sequence. HTT and Asc allow you to focus on single target healing as they heal the other players. SLT basically means you cannot die during its duration.
    Don't forget BL: it's an incredible healing CD as we get 25% more heal from it, in addition to the haste bonus.

Then use your basic rotation, RT/HS/HS, to maximize throughput. Rain and HST can be used when anticipating damage, not during emergency. Queen's gift can efficiently be used during SLT.

Of course, it assumes you don't waste your CDs on previous packs because of errors. And that your teammates do not make this situation more difficult by taking avoidable damage, not using their personal mitigation etc.
    Last edited by krl; 2017-07-06 at 12:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Roots is not only the BiS legendary for stats, but it's effect is incredibly handy during grievous weeks. I would recommend switching to your roots and sephuz. In terms of talents, Undulation outperforms Torrent in m+. Comboing the effect with tidal waves can top someone off in 1 heal.

If your priest doesn't have Prydaz, you should stand further away from the boss and take the leap hit + dot. If he has Prydaz, you should alternate it and take the hit when his shield is down. Your roots + riptide + HS + HS (if 2nd is needed) should take care of it.

As for the the goo on the floor, you and your group have enough CC effects to deal with them without covering the floor too much. The damage should be almost completely avoidable and given the chance they mess up they should be willing to health pot (no telling how many pugs I've healed where people don't even considering health potting) and you shouldn't be afraid to use CDs. If all else fails, you can consider switching to APT given your group has no brez. The health% from AV doesn't do as much good on grievous weeks anyways.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Do yourself a favour and drop ancestral vigor for either est or apt. Switch to undulation and i highly recommend ancestral guidance for grievous weeks, especially if you get velens.

Deleted
    Ok, thank you guys so much! I'll switch the leggos and talents and see how it goes. Thanks for the great feedback.

The Grievous Tear that the first boss does, is always cast on the target that's the furthest away from the it. If that's a target with an immunity, self-heal, personal CD or Prydaz, it's much easier to heal back up.