Which Quicksilver do you prefer?

Which quicksilver do you prefer? Evan Peters or Aaron Taylor Johnson? I thought Even Peters is the better quicksilver.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Animation and execution wise, the one from X-man, days of future past. Though, for behavior, looks and attitude, the one from Age of Ultron - as well a plus for the more simple animations.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-07-05 at 08:39 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think it is one of the only things they got right in the xmen movies was quicksilver.Yes he is my favorite quicksilver as well :P

I like them both but give the slight edge to Aaron Taylor Johnson because he wasn't ridiculously overpowered like speedsters usually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    XMEN one of course. Kind of wish on screen Mutants were allowed to be in the MCU but they really wouldn't be the same would they? Theres no room for the Deadpools, Logans, Magnetos, etc in the MCU at this point, not the way that Fox has built them up and portrayed them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    I think it is one of the only things they got right in the xmen movies was quicksilver.Yes he is my favorite quicksilver as well :P
    The only complete BS XMEN movies to me are X-Men 3 and parts of the second Wolverine movie. I think Apocalypse fell short but it wasn't complete blasphemy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There's no contest. Whedon's version was boring and barely registered on the "do I actually even give a fuck?" scale when he died. The X-Men version was entertaining and resulted in the undisputedly best scenes in each of the movies he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    ...because he wasn't ridiculously overpowered like speedsters usually are.
    That's not really fare; it's not speedster's fault that their power is inherently the most powerful one in all of comicdom. Plus they already never get used even a minute fraction of their true potential. I mean, one punch from someone traveling over 700mph (nevermind the insanely fast speedsters that can approach lightspeed) is going to leave little more than a pink mist on impact with most opponents. So when all they end up doing is knocking someone down/back a few feet, they've already been reined way the fuck in.

Which, incidentally, is something I've never understood about most sci fi shows, Star Trek and Star Wars in particular. A railgun accelerating kinetic rounds to anything even approaching the speed of light is going to pack waaaaaaaaaaay more of a whallop than the stupid weapons we see in those franchise. Hell, who needs a Death Star when you can just put a massive railgun that launches asteroids on the bottom of the hull of a Super Star Destroyer? Then you can have a fleet of easily reloaded and even more portable planet-cracking (if not vaporizing; I don't feel like doing the math) weapons at your command. And almost definitely for a far cheaper price than a moon-sized space station.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2017-07-06 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the MCU one. The Xmen version of him...well I just don't care for him. That and I didn't find him funny.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-07-06 at 03:02 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both for different reasons.

Ok, so Evan Peters was fun as hell. "Whip lassssh", i think I might've liked Aaron Taylor's most adult swag a little bit more, plus he, by association, gave us Lizzie Olsen's sweet, sweet tits.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Edge to Peters.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Aaron Taylor. It wasn't even close.

Evan Peters. Hands down.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The only complete BS XMEN movies to me are X-Men 3 and parts of the second Wolverine movie. I think Apocalypse fell short but it wasn't complete blasphemy.
    I think you meant to say X3 and the entirety of Wolverine:Origins.
    The Wolverine was fine and was fairly close to the comic Japan storyline (though still not quite what I hoped for).
    Origins was a disaster, though.
    Apocalypse isn't as offensive as some make it out to be, though it definitely left me wanting more.

OT: DoFP Quicksilver was the 'coolest' in terms of on-screen portrayal and effects, but ATJ from AoU 'looked' more the part and had a better overall demeanor, IMO.
    If I was forced to pick one, it would be DoFP because, well, he still lives...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think Apocalypse fell short but it wasn't complete blasphemy.
    Apocalypse fell short but Quicksilver's evacuation scene was brilliant. Including choice of music.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Evan Peters, although they missed an opportunity in Apocalypse to give him some development with Magneto. Erik lost his family in the beginning, and it would have been cool for Quicksilver to reveal his relation to him when Magneto turns from Apocalypse. Bring it full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Apocalypse fell short but Quicksilver's evacuation scene was brilliant. Including choice of music.
    I feel the opposite. The song (and sequence) just dragged the film into a tonal inconsistency for me. What could have been an dramatic moment (The mansion is blowing up, high stakes ahead!) became almost MCU levels of corniness and gags, but I did still like it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I prefer Evan Peters, although they missed an opportunity in Apocalypse to give him some development with Magneto. Erik lost his family in the beginning, and it would have been cool for Quicksilver to reveal his relation to him when Magneto turns from Apocalypse. Bring it full circle.

I feel the opposite. The song (and sequence) just dragged the film into a tonal inconsistency for me. What could have been an dramatic moment (The mansion is blowing up, high stakes ahead!) became almost MCU levels of corniness and gags, but I did still like it.
    Well, the film was getting cheesy, so I felt that scene lightened it just enough. Besides, Quicksilver is often corny in other media as well. Also the case with Flash, apparently speedsters have to be airheads.

Not connecting with Magneto was something I did not quite understand either, maybe they saved it for the next episode.