Poll: Did you like the DH class prior to its announcement

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Before DH came out, would you have wanted the class to be real?

This is the counter thread to the "tinker class" poll where 60% of people said no to Tinker. How did you feel about DH before they were announced the next class, did you like the idea of the Demon Hunter and all the gossip on MMO champ prior to the trailer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    "Illidan" /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    This is the counter thread to the "tinker class" poll where 60% of people said no to Tinker. How did you feel about DH before they were announced the next class, did you like the idea of the Demon Hunter and all the gossip on MMO champ prior to the trailer?
    I felt like there could have been other classes than DH. I really wanted Warden to be a thing, but it seems like I'm in the minority here. I think it could have fit right into a lot of the same themes as we've seen in Legion with the DH, and worked just as well.

But I guess DH is something that people have been asking for for a LONG time. Since vanilla, at least. So I understand why Blizzard went with it.

Yes sure. I wish it ended up with more than 2 specs though.

Loved it. Wanted it since early TBC, especially since around that time I came unto WC3 and thoroughly enjoyed playing the Demon Hunter both in campaign and in custom games.

People wanted Demon Hunters since World of Warcraft was a thing. everyone liked Illidan unit back in Warcraft 3.

Tinker is completely different, there wasn't a famous Tinkerer character that everyone loved in W3. and theres hardly one in WoW right now.

i would love a Tinker, even more if it uses the Mech-like stuff.

Also i would love a Necromancer class in WoW. Unholy DK is almost it, but not enough skeletons and bone stuff. Playing with Necro on D3 these days just made me think how awesome a Necro class would be in WoW.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters were neat before they were announced. Demon Hunters were fantastic after they were announced. While Havoc isn't perfect, it's a legitimately enjoyable spec with talents that create interesting and unique play styles. They also came with the benefit of Tinker saltmines which is, to this day, acting as a reserve for a small African country.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Nope. Disliked the idea of Demon Hunter very much.

The actual playable version isn't bad, but as a warlock who loved wrath meta form and always hoped it would come back some day, DH killed that dream. I always hoped they'd keep meta form on warlocks and not get rid of it for a rogue clone class.

Given what we got, I'd have rather Warlocks kept meta form. The class ain't half bad, but it is just very... Spazzy.
    Pretty much this, I mained demo lock throughout pretty much all of MoP and WoD. I always thought Demon Hunter was cool but never wanted to see them implemented as a class, there isn't enough about them to constitute an entire class. They're introduction was just clunky. They made a 4th leather class instead of a 3rd mail class, only had enough material to just barely make 2 specs, and still had to gut demonology to be able to make it. Really never should have been a class, but oh well. Hopefully we can get Tinkers next time around..

10+ Year Old Account
    I always said there were two things that had a good chance of bringing me back to WoW...one being the DH class and the other being High Elves for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I always said there were two things that had a good chance of bringing me back to WoW...one being the DH class and the other being High Elves for Alliance.
    Would love me some high elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love me some high elves
    I know it will likely never happen, but still a personal WoW dream of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before? Definitely. Just a shame the execution was so bad that it even managed to take away from other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Nope. Disliked the idea of Demon Hunter very much.

The actual playable version isn't bad, but as a warlock who loved wrath meta form and always hoped it would come back some day, DH killed that dream. I always hoped they'd keep meta form on warlocks and not get rid of it for a rogue clone class.

Given what we got, I'd have rather Warlocks kept meta form. The class ain't half bad, but it is just very... Spazzy.
    I tend to agree. I was really hoping they'd turn meta form into a tank spec lile they sorta did for awhile during...cata? I can't remember exactly. Its been awhile since I played a Lock.

I get that they cannabalized a lot of DH abilities and gave them to Locks, then stole them back to take DH live for Legion. But it still strikes me as though there just wasn't enough there to really flesh out the class fully. Only having two specs reinforces that.

It also left Locks in kind of a weird​ place. The whole thing seems like it should have been done a little better.

i still dont

they're designed to be played by 5 year old tekken players anyway.

Don't know how much of this is hindsight but I thought everyone kind of expected them at some point?

Absolutely. I've wanted em since I saw the class in WC3. WoW only made me want em more. All those DHs training outside the gates of BT? Incredible. Not only do I have my DH, but the class is actually really damn fun. Couldn't be happier.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and i still don't like them. I also didn't like DKs, and i don't see DKs that different from DHs - both are edgelord wet dream. Next class will probably be a vampire or nathrezim (when we finally make friends with burning legion against real bad guys - void lords). Ugh.
    Rework of engineer into a class would be a better decision, but it would be hard (read: less interesting) to tell the story without DKs and DHs as a playable class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Classes that can't exist without taking things from other classes are bad classes.

Been waiting for it since TBC was announced.

Deleted
    There are too many classes in the game. Too many specs. I hated the idea of a new melee class.
    I'd be happy if they removed 3-4 classes.