Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Growing anti-science stance in "skeptic community"

I imagine most familiar with the "anti-SJW" community are familiar with the situation that occurred with German-Swedish Youtuber Rage After Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0

Without getting too much into it because race threads are forbidden. She cited the Daily Stormer and when a few other fellow Youtubers tried to open up dialogue with her, she accused them of "virtue signalling" (a word that has lost all meaning).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teyvcs2S4mI

A decent video on the examination of human genetics and diversity.

We all know conservative and certain "libertarian" "skeptics" have been climate change denialists (all while claiming to be playing devil's advocate), but I'm also starting to notice a reemergence of evolution-denial increasing in the comment section of various "anti-SJW" Youtubers.

@Theodarzna @Yvaelle @Skroe @Connal

Now I mostly disavowed myself from most "anti-SJW" Youtubers a while ago, I still watch the Amazing Atheist, Kraut and Tea and Chris Ray Gun from time to time but metaphorically speaking, I spit the red pill out before realizing I was never really in the Matrix to begin with.

My major fear is that'll we'll see a emergence of a more right-aligned "Skeptic community" and a reemergence of a more authoritarian-philosphied conservative movement.

(Mods feel free to lock this if this thread goes against the rules or if it becomes ridiculously toxic)
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-06 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly starting to think we need to build a giant dome out of concrete, stick all the stupid people in it with pointy sticks, a week's worth of rations and a smallpox blanket. Let them pray or deny their way out of that.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I guess I don't know what the point of this thread is. Skepticism when it comes to race??

Deleted
    Idiots pose as experts without doing the work. Why do people watch any of these piss ants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, let me just officially remind the thread to steer clear of forbidden topics, and particularly race issues. I've edited the OP not to remove the video links, but to change them from embeds to just plain links, just to minimize the possibility of people misusing the thread based on the embedded video's content rather than what you were driving at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I guess I don't know what the point of this thread is. Skepticism when it comes to race??
    The Skeptic community is a term used by some to describe anti-SJW Youtubers like Armoured Skeptic, Amazing Atheist, Sargon of Akkad, etc. They mainly make video rebuttals against SJWs.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the hardline stance skeptics took against SJWs after atheism plus, the right gravitating towards them became inevitable. Some, like Logicked, do a good job being critical of everyone. Others will have a harder time when the time comes for the right to get taken down a peg.

My major fear is that'll we'll see a emergence of a more right-aligned "Skeptic community" and a reemergence of a more authoritarian-philosphied conservative movement.
    That happened already. It happened from the get get we all just didn't realize it because SJWs were more noticeably distracting. They used and abused GamerGate to gain support then, once that topic was dead, moved onto conservative politics.

You have absolute dumb fucks like Paul Joseph Watson and other ilk of his disgust level being considered "skeptics" now, with other "larger" "skeptics" defending their bullshit.

The skeptic community is an equal joke of the opposite side of the coin as the SJWs they whine about.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-06 at 03:33 AM.

Without digging further into the actual science of the genetics than is appropriate for this forum, I'll say that topics associated with race and heredity and an incredible hotbed of pseudoscience from people that are very confident about things they "know" that have absolutely no basis in fact. It doesn't help that people whose goal is to tamp down racism make absolutely ridiculous statements like "race isn't genetic", which do nothing but further confuse the matter. The extremists that promote either racial supremacy or race-don't-real ideology generate a ton of heat and almost no light.

I'm not familiar with the YouTubers you mentioned. The Atheism+ radicals were bound to get some pushback though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I imagine most familiar with the "anti-SJW" community are familiar with the situation that occurred with German-Swedish Youtuber Rage After Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0

Without getting too much into it because race threads are forbidden. She cited the Daily Stormer and when a few other fellow Youtubers tried to open up dialogue with her, she accused them of "virtue signalling" (a word that has lost all meaning).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teyvcs2S4mI

A decent video on the examination of human genetics and diversity.

We all know conservative and certain "libertarian" "skeptics" have been climate change denialists (all while claiming to be playing devil's advocate), but I'm also starting to notice a reemergence of evolution-denial increasing in the comment section of various "anti-SJW" Youtubers.

@Theodarzna @Yvaelle @Skroe @Connal

Now I mostly disavowed myself from most "anti-SJW" Youtubers a while ago, I still watch the Amazing Atheist, Kraut and Tea and Chris Ray Gun from time to time but metaphorically speaking, I spit the red pill out before realizing I was never really in the Matrix to begin with.

(Mods feel free to lock this if this thread goes against the rules or if it becomes ridiculously toxic)
    The left has been just as anti science for about a good couple of decades now. I mean look at trans people. Nope instead we make up pseudo science to explain it being ok that suddenly gender and sex are different even though they mutilate their body to try to make their sex match their gender. Numerous other examples of the anti science on the left. This is not a one political sided thing. Both sides have crazies. Problem is the left is getting more and more violent if you don't buy into their crazy.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-07-06 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Without digging further into the actual science of the genetics than is appropriate for this forum, I'll say that topics associated with race and heredity and an incredible hotbed of pseudoscience from people that are very confident about things they "know" that have absolutely no basis in fact. It doesn't help that people whose goal is to tamp down racism make absolutely ridiculous statements like "race isn't genetic", which do nothing but further confuse the matter. The extremists that promote either racial supremacy or race-don't-real ideology generate a ton of heat and almost no light.

I'm not familiar with the YouTubers you mentioned. The Atheism+ radicals were bound to get some pushback though.
    I think when most people say "race is a social construct" they mean to say that each society has their own concept of races regardless of genetics.

Take Tutsis and Hutus in Rwanda or Dinkas and Nuers in South Sudan, in their countries they would consider themselves seperate "races", but if you took both ethnic groups and placed them in New York they're suddenly "black" or "African".

There are obviously genetic components to human races or clines, but they aren't determined by one's IQ, anecdotal evidence and your lack of knowledge on the pre-colonial history of Africa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The left has been just as anti science for about a good couple of decades now. I mean look at trans people. Nope instead we make up pseudo science to explain it being ok that suddenly gender and sex are different even though they mutilate their body to try to make their sex match their gender. Numerous other examples of the anti science on the left. This is not a one political sided thing. Both sides have crazies. Problem is the left is getting more and more violent if you don't buy into their crazy.
    SJWs have all but returned to obscurity though, most response videos to them receive more views than the videos themselves.

Arguably the only major group we have to worry about is Antifa.

the only "science" i deny is the pseudo science spat out by idiots speaking about gender.

that's not science in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the only "science" i deny is the pseudo science spat out by idiots speaking about gender.

that's not science in the least.
    And your work to disprove their theories is where?

I think when most people say "race is a social construct" they mean to say that each society has their own concept of races regardless of genetics.

Take Tutsis and Hutus in Rwanda or Dinkas and Nuers in South Sudan, in their countries they would consider themselves seperate "races", but if you took both ethnic groups and placed them in New York they're suddenly "black" or "African".

There are obviously genetic components to human races or clines, but they aren't determined by one's IQ, anecdotal evidence and your lack of knowledge on the pre-colonial history of Africa.
    I think that's the proverbial motte for the bailey of the arguments I see get trotted out. I don't think you're wrong at all, but I do think people use references to social construction as a distraction from biology when its convenient for whatever they're arguing at a given moment.

- - - Updated - - -

SJWs have all but returned to obscurity though, most response videos to them receive more views than the videos themselves.

Arguably the only major group we have to worry about is Antifa.
    When the first thought about the UMD stabbing was "amg hate crime" before they went digging and found some obscure link to a facebook group, I don't think they've died down. I'm dreading the next semester there when you're already white shamed by the SJW community there. Other colleges are similar and their professors are egging this all on.

Also another point on the left thing was that they were the ones spouting race and gender are social constructs yet Rachel Dolezal can't decide to be black and actually do things that were good for the black community and the left has publicly stoned her when she said she feels like she's been treated worse than transgendered people are today.

SJW and "Postmodernist" are interchangeable.

The Skeptic community is a term used by some to describe anti-SJW Youtubers like Armoured Skeptic, Amazing Atheist, Sargon of Akkad, etc. They mainly make video rebuttals against SJWs.
    That is untrue. The sceptic community is a "community" (not in the traditional sense of the word, more like a genre attached to the brand of content of said creators) focused on poking holes into dogmatic ideologies. The original targets were theists and the original creators were atheists. However there are far more dogmatic ideologies out there than theistic ones, so the term got expanded to anti-sjw or general culture critics that cover radical fringe feminism too.

Also I cant watch these videos in my country because censorship. Government doesnt want me to form my own opinion. Sorry.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-07-06 at 04:00 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think if one wanted to seriously criticize the Anti-SJW "Le Skeptique!" community its that they are effectively a clusterfuck of drama and self involved narcissists.

Kraut and Tea, Sargon, Harmful Opinions and TL;DR and Naked Ape are at least people who try to avoid unrelated drama. But then you have the circle of "INTERNET FRIENDS" who orbit around Armoured Skeptic and ShoeOnHead whom are mostly self promoting jerks to be honest. They are at best a small scale and less well off version of why GamerGate started. If they were anything close to relevant or important I'd even call for activism but their general irrelevance is what prevents that call from being made.

The SJW are absolutely atrocious shitheads, but to be honest so is "Le Skeptique" that emerged to give voice to what cancerous trash the SJW types are and their dumbshit ideas are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Youtubers trying to make money. As people get bored with the old topics these youtubers have to find new topics in order to keep their audience's interest.

I really think that's all there is to it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    That is untrue. The sceptic community is a community focused on poking holes into dogmatic ideologies. The original targets were theists and the original creators were atheists. However there are far more dogmatic ideologies out there than theistic ones, so the term got expanded to anti-sjw or general culture critics that cover radical fringe feminism too.
    And how do things like "anthropogenic climate change," "the earth is spherical," and "evolution" fall into "dogmatic ideologies?"

A major problem is that the "anti-SJW" people are blindly hitching their wagons to whomever shares their stinted views on whatever SJW hotbutton issue they choose to bitch about- including hitching themselves to rightwing, anti-science nutjobs.

A lot of people seem to be selling their scruples because they found some whackadoo that agrees with them on some minor point. Thus degrading the intellectual honesty of all involved.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.