Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, proof positive that someone has never seen an academic paper before.
    I publish papers related to ion implantation in deposited films. As a physicist, I'm telling you that everything that abstract contains is unintelligible jargon meant to impress idiots like you.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That dome would be huge. There wouldn't be too many people left outside of the dome.
    Sounds an awful lot like some sort of camp, where you concentrate, on stuff...

Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid ass people, we just have to deal with them. While i find myself intelligent, and highly educated, if i were to sit down and have a conversation with Stephen Hawking, i'm sure i would look like an Ape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    How does human's and Ice interact?
    What gender does Ice have?
    How is Power defined, Visa-vi Ice and Human interaction?
    How is current 'Ice' science, unjust and inequitable?
    Lmfao, i read that abstract, and it honestly nearly gave me brain cancer reading it. Not only is it completely filled with nonsensical bull shit jargon, but is simply made up bullshit that some professor made up in an attempt to probably look hip and cool in front of his students. That or hes trying to get laid by some fem nut job professor he works with.

I think the worst part is he used government grant funds to fund this shit, tax dollars being used wisely i see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    No, a good example of not knowing how science works is right in the abstract you just quoted. None of what that idiot said MEANS ANYTHING AT ALL; it's fucking word salad.
    Meaning is subjective and relative.
    To posit that there is such a thing as objective empirical reality is merely an example of western epistemology.

To posit that there is such a thing as objective empirical reality is merely an example of western epistemology.
    Then I guess the orifice out of which you spout this postmodern drivel might as well be your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, I'm literally a dragon-king from Neptune, and I can summon cakes with the power of my thoughts alone. Tremble before my Cupcake Army.

Or you're being nonsensical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In that case, I'm literally a dragon-king from Neptune, and I can summon cakes with the power of my thoughts alone. Tremble before my Cupcake Army.

Or you're being nonsensical.
    Your adherence to old fashioned western epistemology is merely an example of your neo-colonial attitude.
    - To you and @Ethris, yes, what i said was entirely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Actually, even when we look at gender as a social construct, and not biological sex, we see that the predominate 2 genders tend to be the only ones represented.
    I don't think anyone has ever disputed that regular garden variety cisgender identity is very common.

The rest of your post is very confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    I publish papers related to ion implantation in deposited films. As a physicist, I'm telling you that everything that abstract contains is unintelligible jargon meant to impress idiots like you.
    Pretty rich coming from a physicist :P

My degree was in astrophysics and pure maths. Our jargon is merely more technical. Ever seen an academic paper from any of the humanities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    For as long as the Far left continues spouting stupid shit like Anti-Vaccination, 72 Genders, Healthy at any weight or any other such anti-science nonsense as well, they really are just being as retarded as the far Right anti-science people. Thus It's mostly a pot meet kettle situation.
    The difference is that they're huff and fluffing about what generally amounts to random nonsense. Anti-vaccination is the only "dangerous" part, but that's just a fringe movement.

Meanwhile, you have an entire party, one of only two, in the most powerful country in the world claiming a hard science is "false" simply because their fossil fuel backers don't want their profit margins to be hurt, and actively design legislation and manipulate political discourse to that effect.

So once again, it becomes largely an effect of "idiots on the internet vs idiots in power."

Idiots in power actively curtailing science are far more dangerous than random nobodies quibbling about gender.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-07-12 at 07:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.