Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    lmao. so he links me wikipedia.

I'm fucking done XD
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I was just looking for 60Hz.

Pricing here is fucked for anything bigger than 24' in general, and I'm not really pushing a ton of games that will run at 144 FPS anyway. Not into League, Overwatch, CSGO etc.

- - - Updated - - -

$730 CAD before Tax & Shipping. Topping out at $400 was the most I was willing to pay, and part of why I just went through Amazon for the free two day shipping.

Please note that I was asking for recommendations and you guys provided plenty! I was aware pricing would be an issue and worked with what I had available to me. The monitor should be here soon. I'll get it set up, take a few days and come back with my thoughts.
    Your pricing really is crazy. I'm sorry :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Your pricing really is crazy. I'm sorry :[
    During the Steam Sale I couldn't gift my US friends anything and vice versa because of the divide between USD/CAD. You talk about games being $59 on release, the reality is that they're $79 here, adding $10 of tax for Ontarians. Almost $100 for the base version, not Deluxe Editions, of a new release, it's nuts.

Not quite sure what will influence a return to our currencies being a little more evenly matched. Seems like Alberta and the Oil industry there was a real proponent in making our dollar strong, and keeping electronics (along with many other things that I care markedly less about currently) priced fairly.

Meanwhile the bank is totally okay with raising my credit limit from $2000 to $5000; A student working part time. Strange. "We know things are expensive, so why don't you have some more money?™"

Anyway, still waiting for the monitor to show up. It's out for delivery, so it'll be here soon!
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-07-13 at 05:15 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S.../dp/B0149QBOF0

This is probably the most gorgeous tn panel you'll ever see.

Doesn't play nice with AMD cards worth a shit, but it's g-sync so what ever.
    There is an ultra sharp dell 4k for less than that on amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    There is an ultra sharp dell 4k for less than that on amazon.
    $709 CAD unfortunately. 4K is unreasonable for an old i5 and a single 1080 anyway if I want to stay at 60 with heavily modded titles.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account

Please note that I was asking for recommendations and you guys provided plenty! I was aware pricing would be an issue and worked with what I had available to me. The monitor should be here soon. I'll get it set up, take a few days and come back with my thoughts.
    Cool, let us know your experience. Just putting it out there, but it took me a good few days to get used to my new monitor, I was even considering to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Thought you should know too that the xl2730z is discontinued. Its now just xl2730 and its more expensive (here in the US) than the dell with gsync.
    Ah that's a shame, weird since it's still available in my country (the Z model). One of the problems with international forums, though, item availability :/
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Just waiting for an extra long HDMI to arrive so I can complete my cable management, post some pictures and my thoughts.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Just waiting for an extra long HDMI to arrive so I can complete my cable management, post some pictures and my thoughts.
    HDMI eeewww why not displayport?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    HDMI eeewww why not displayport?
    Other two monitors are Displayport -> HDMI to my 1080, which only has 2 Displayport and 2 HDMI. So I couldn't go straight Displayport with all 3 if I wanted to, but I guess I could go HDMI with the two 1080ps and DisplayPort with the 1440p.

Does it even matter? It looks fantastic.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Other two monitors are Displayport -> HDMI to my 1080, which only has 2 Displayport and 2 HDMI. So I couldn't go straight Displayport with all 3 if I wanted to, but I guess I could go HDMI with the two 1080ps and DisplayPort with the 1440p.

HDMI has less bandwidth than displayport although that depends on the version. 1440p@144Hz won't work on anything less than a HDMI 2.0 port or a displayport 1.2a

10+ Year Old Account

When I hooked up Dell U2414h it wouldn't display properly with HDMI, worked fine over displayport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    HDMI has less bandwidth than displayport although that depends on the version. 1440p@144Hz won't work on anything less than a HDMI 2.0 port or a displayport 1.2a
    I figured that's how it probably worked. Not an issue for me though.

No HDMI cable yet and I have no power all day, my fusebox is getting swapped. Fuuuuuuuuuun...
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got my 3 meter HDMI cable so I was able to finish up my cable management:

More pictures and a short description here, as well as all my PC specs.

This thing is beautiful. It's super bright, super big, and after about a week of use and a DPI increase from 1200 to 1600, it's as familiar as my 1080p monitors are. I was really surprised to find that most of my games ran exactly the same at 1440p vs 1080p EXCEPT for my heavily modded Skyrim and the terribly optimized Fallout 4; Still willfully ignoring my GPU and trying its best to suck the life from my 4.3GHz 4670K. What a pile of garbage that game is, but I just can't turn away.

With the Ergotech triple monitor arm, I didn't grab the "telescoping arm" version, so my 24s are basically at the very end of the arm. In order to get the angle I wanted for how close I sit, the outside monitors are sitting "behind" the bezel of the 1440p monitor, so that their screens blend seamlessly into the main monitor's sides. Some pics:

Warframe is the game I play the most, and the difference in resolution is really amazing. Everything looks so much clearer at 1440p; I actually recognized that a lot of the frames have actual skin patterns and textures, and aren't just "smooth with some damage." I couldn't see that at 1080p unless I were to stand in a corner and have my face right up against their skin. Now I can see it from regular camera distance.

Video-wise, the color's great, but I thought the color was great from my other monitors there too, which I think suggests that I just don't care. It's not watched out and blacks are pretty close to black and not a dark grey, so I'm happy.

I play everything I can at 60 FPS so no issues or lamentations about not going 144 Hz. Only a handful of game I actively play would even reach those framerates anyway.

All in all very very happy that I made the jump from 1080p! One thing I'm trying to figure out is a good use for my third monitor on the left; I'm thinking of ditching Afterburner and finding or making a nice Rainmeter layout that has 100ms updates on CPU & GPU usage, just like how I've tuned Afterburner to behave. This and my Steam List sits in the corner of my left monitor. Otherwise, it might have a Chrome window open or Winamp, but I'm not using it for too much else. I think Rainmeter would look nice.

My Afterburner Monitor that I'd love to reproduce in Rainmeter somehow:

Anyway, the monitor's awesome!
    [/url]