Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not really.

Pantalaimon puts it pretty well, but also to add onto that, it's far easier to make a hero power stronger when it's tied to having another requirement.

Like, look at Jaraxxus, there's no way a hero could have a hero power to summon a 6/6 as a default thing. But because it's locked behind having to play a 9 mana legendary that caps your HP pool at a lower amount while costing a whole turn to play, it's a lot more fair now. It also forces the hero power to only be usable late game, so your enemy also has more playable answers for those 6/6s that are coming out now.

Same goes for these new "DK Heroes". They can get more creative with the hero powers than they could ever with just a DK class, because they're locked behind having to play another card already to obtain said hero power.
    I think you guys are really overestimating, the challenges of adding another hero power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I think you guys are really overestimating, the challenges of adding another hero power.
    Then prove us wrong. Create a balanced hero power for a DK class that provides a mechanic that is needed for the game right now, as opposed to one that would simply be added just because 'new things'.

There have been whole loooong threads of suggested new hero powers and none (that I have seen) are distinctive AND balanced. Things like summon a 1/1 minion with charge that dies - basically a bad mage power.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    There have been whole loooong threads of suggested new hero powers and none (that I have seen) are distinctive AND balanced. Things like summon a 1/1 minion with charge that dies - basically a bad mage power.
    A hero power that's just a bad version of another hero's hero power is...bad.

I had an idea of a DK hero power being something like "Draw a Rune Card." You would get one of three random Rune Cards in your hand: Frost, Blood, or Unholy. The Rune Cards themselves wouldn't cost Mana(maybe cost 1 Mana I don't know), but it would cost 2 to draw one(so similar to all other hero powers). I'm not sure what the Rune Cards would do exactly, but nothing too powerful. It would basically be like Shaman's hero power but instead of randomly generated weak minions you'd get randomly generated weak cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Then prove us wrong. Create a balanced hero power for a DK class that provides a mechanic that is needed for the game right now, as opposed to one that would simply be added just because 'new things'.
    Blizzard could very well, come up with one. Your argument is that the hero power needs to be well balanced, and designed. Which is weak because Blizzard can do that. Unless Blizzard said that is the reason, I don't think your argument is the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    What is needed is a bit subjective though isn't it? For DK's specifically, something like "Bone Shield" a la Blood DK that gave a minion a divine shield type buff, if you wanted to make it more wow-related it could have "charges" and a cooldown, ie put a shield on target that eats 2-3 hits but takes 2-3 turns to reactivate. Or something like deathstrike that does damage + heals (since they're adding lifesteal) or even gives a minion lifesteal (like dinomancy kind of but instead give a minion +2 lifesteal). Then again, I'm not a designer so balance wise, no idea how viable those ideas are. They seem ok to me, but who knows, could be wildly overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Looks cool

My only disappointment is that this probably means no Arthas hero, or proper DK hero, in Hearthstone...
    Exactly, this was their opportunity and took the game in a different direction.

I'd imagine this also means no Monk hero and no Demon Hunter hero.

Overall kind of bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It's not just about hero power, it's about having unique design space for a new class. They already have problems with making a niche for 9 classes. Shit, Magic has serious problems with just 5 colors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    A new class is never going to happen. It becomes even less likely as time goes on. The new class would be incredibly disadvantaged outside of Standard as the cardpool disparity
    Who care about wild? Better to introduce DK now, and acepte it will be weaker, have less card, that will corect itself as standard move on.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Who care about wild?
    Blizzard.

Better to introduce DK now, and acepte it will be weaker, have less card, that will corect itself as standard move on.
    Better to never make any new classes.

Hearthpwn has started to post all the card reveals.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/guides/2963...thstones-sixth

Their list is by far nicer than anything I could make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's not just about hero power, it's about having unique design space for a new class. They already have problems with making a niche for 9 classes. Shit, Magic has serious problems with just 5 colors and thousands of more cards.
    Fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Hearthpwn has started to post all the card reveals.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/guides/2963...thstones-sixth

Their list is by far nicer than anything I could make.
    I like Warlocks, but jesus christ Blood-Queen Lana'thel looks awful. Haven't seen anything revealed yet that screams "must have" to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

They released some shitty cards at the start but the latest ones seem to be quite solid, especially the mage cards. Sindragosa seems to be the new Dr. 8. Lana'thel seems underwhelming but she's the only warlock card revealed so far, if they want to push discard lock to be a thing then they need to make discards more reliable and not to RNG'ish. I like that the new warrior cards are going to give them a lot of armor.

Yeah at first it was looking like another The Grand Tournament like expansion which was complete garbage. But some of the more recent reveals are quite good. I really like the new 2 mana Warrior spell and the 3 mana 3/4 Mage minion that draws a card if an enemy is frozen will be awesome in Freeze Mage.

Hopefully we see the Death Knight Hero cards soon, those are the big daddies of this expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bearshark might be the best card of the expansion

Absolutely amazing Hunter card
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Lana'thel looks terrible. They need to stop making the discard mechanic a thing

Bearshark looks good, so does Corpsetaker. Freeze Shaman should be interesting

I am glad that Dave Kosak is not working on WoW anymore. Screw that guy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these cards aren't really all that interesting, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Most of these cards aren't really all that interesting, imo
    There are some cards I like concept wise, like the princes and the dk heroes so far, but a bit disappointed with most of the class legendaries so far, besides the mage one

I like the idea of Defile especially with Street Trickster or even Possessed Villager.