Casual racism against those of Asian descent.

Something that's always struck me in this somewhat PC internet culture, is how casually racist so many are to the Asian cultures, habits, and their general pop culture. Has anyone else taken note of this? It seems that while some groups are untouchable, if you ever need to make a quick jab you can point out how perverted the Japanese are, or how backwards the Indians can be. And of course they're all the same, seldom is their a distinction made between different people of Asian descent, and any issues they have are total none-issues compared to those the Euro nations face or have faced (something as simple as Japanese population issues vs German, or extreme such as the Chinese Nanking massacre vs the Jewish Holocaust).

Is this just me, or is it just ok to make fun of Asians?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Yes it is. It's why Asian women become self-loathing Asians and Asian men turn into bananas and bruised bananas and it's happened long before "PC internet culture".

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to not give a damn! Your life will much easier

It may not even be ment in a negative way, and they may be completly oblivious that some find it "offensive". If they do mean it, I just accept that they are assholes and move on immediatly not dwelling on it.

Not worth your time and attention anyways.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

No. Most of self-described feminists don't really touch Asians or Indians. They should tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Learn to not give a damn! Your life will much easier

It may not even be ment in a negative way, and they may be completly oblivious that some find it "offensive". If they do mean it, I just accept that they are assholes and move on immediatly not dwelling on it.

Not worth your time and attention anyways.
    Oh I largely agree. I grew up in an environment that labeled everyone of southern descent, everyone period, as bitter stupid hicks.

I'm more curious why for this group in particular its just plain ok to make fun of.

Hell even looking at WoW, since this is ultimately a WC site. Remember how bitter people were over MoP and Pandaren and all the very thinly veiled racism that happened (and still happens) regarding that subject?

I mean blizz relies on racial stereotypes for most of their races, but suddenly you have a predominately asian themed one and its oh so terrible (opposed to say, the walking rasta stereotypes, or the native american themed Tauren). And dont you dare point out the Korean and Mongolian influences on Orcs or Nelves, those dont count!
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-07-06 at 04:05 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noipmahc-omm View Post
    Yes it is. It's why Asian women become self-loathing Asians and Asian men turn into bananas and bruised bananas and it's happened long before "PC internet culture".
    Asian racists and sexists are the worst tbh.

I would say that the Imperial occupation of Korea would be a better comparison the Holocaust than the Rape of Nanking. Nanking was horrific, but Japanese imperialists actually tried to commit genocide over decades in Korea while also creating a slave state. However, Japanese Imperialism is mostly overlooked in the West.

On topic: there is a degree of racial profiling against East Asians moreso than others. I have lived in Japan, and have seen many of the generalizations in person.

I'm Asian, I personally don't care.

I find all forms of racism entertaining and amusing. I'll make all sorts of jokes about blacks, whites, indians, asians, you name it. Fact of the matter is that we're all different, and I'm all for making light of that. Granted, few probably share my viewpoint, but racism will always exist. It's just sorting out those that use it negatively in their lives.
    I'd rather know who the assholes are in my personal life right up front, rather than waiting around for the knife in the back.

I grew up in Queens, NY. By the time I was in first grade, I knew every name you could call any race in the book. We called each other names, and beat each other up. Big deal. Today, there isn't a thing you could say to me that would phase me in the slightest. I'd simply chalk you up in my mental notebook of people to not associate with.

You always got dicks in life. Learn to deal with it. No matter how great of a cursade you put forward evil will still lurk. Just don't let it push you around but at the same time learn that not every battle is worth fight.

Bye bye.

I always refer back to this video. (Also note that Japanese character is typically played by Korean women using Mandarin phonetics)
    https://g.co/kgs/Y5saUZ

Asians are successful, they've even been included in the "white supremacy" by blacks separatist groups

Deleted
    It's ok to make fun out of everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    It's ok to make fun out of everyone.
    As long as it is literally everyone, and there's no discrimination.

That's why south park is allowed to be on TV.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Given the context, it is alright to make fun everyone. Its okay to make fun of Blacks, Asians, Whites, Indians, Middle-Easterns and all religions. Whoever says that their group should not be made fun of (under any circumstance) is trying to elevate their own group's status above everyone else.

It is actually difficult to make fun of any one Asian. You can be anyone - and do anything - and you will always know there is an Asian kid who does it better then you.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Asians are successful, they've even been included in the "white supremacy" by blacks separatist groups
    I haven't heard of that but I do hear that Alt-Right groups pathetically groveling at our feet.