Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Doomfist feels lame

they removed hogs one shot mechanic and gave it to doomfist

lol ok
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm really not a guy who says this fast, maybe even never, but for now I know for sure: this guy ruins the game for me. I just don't like his lucky fist slam bullshit ability, it doesn't fits the game in my opinion. The hitbox of the punch ability is way to big, you get like sucked into it. Totally bullshit and it annoys too much, this because of the 1 shot mechanic. If you just punch into a group you almost always get a kill. Okay, you can indeed counter this with "just roll a Doomfist on your team too then." True, but what's fun in that? There is no skill in that, literally everyone can do that.

Probaly it's also a little salty me that hates him. I find most of the hits extremely lucky if I watch the killcam and most of the Doomfist players think they are legendary. They think they are good and skilled, but the truth is they are playing an imbalanced hero. I'm going to love it when I see their arrogance getting killed when he gets nerfed.

I also think DF to be boring to play, because he is totally centerered around his Rocket Punch. Sure, you have other, good abilities, but Rocket Punch is the all defining thing, with huge range, damage, knockback and a mere 4 seconds cooldown. If you play him like "try to get a oneshot with rocket punch, uppercut and slam to safety after", in skill ratings that are not grandmaster, you already use 90% of his potential.

Up his cooldown of rocket punch (to 6-7 seconds) and lower its hitbox, so that you actually have to aim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    I also think DF to be boring to play, because he is totally centerered around his Rocket Punch. Sure, you have other, good abilities, but Rocket Punch is the all defining thing, with huge range, damage, knockback and a mere 4 seconds cooldown. If you play him like "try to get a oneshot with rocket punch, uppercut and slam to safety after", in skill ratings that are not grandmaster, you already use 90% of his potential.

Up his cooldown of rocket punch (to 6-7 seconds) and lower its hitbox, so that you actually have to aim.
    "DF is boring, so nerf him"

Huhhh? How would nerfing him make him less boring? It would still make his gameplay be about Rocket Punch, it's just slightly less accurate and has a longer cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    they removed hogs one shot mechanic and gave it to doomfist

lol ok
    Doomfist is no big meat shield that can tank shots, heal himself up and then drag you into his safe space.

Doomfist has to charge out of his safe space, risking a CC or hack; plus his one-shot has a wind-up time and slows him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally tried DF today.
    That's the only five minutes of him I'll ever play. He's boring, feels slow, and his toolkit is ok at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Doomfist is the only character where I feel like I'm totally fucked, but then I use all the abilities and I got out of the situation with a couple of kills. Not even sure what happens. That's kinda unique and fun
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    He seemed absolutely godawful in comp. I think team fights are just too tight for him, he doesn't get the time or space to wind up his Rocket Punch so he just gets killed when he tries it.

He might ignore shields too, but 250 damage even if he hits you into a wall is shrugged off by most tanks if your healers are even remotely awake; and Orisa will kill him before he makes contact, never mind having Fortify anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    He's such a lame addition to overwatch imo. First time I have thought that. I also feel like hog should get his hook combo back if they are going to allow DF and his trash one shot punch.
    I think it's that he's the first hero that doesn't really feel like they bring anything new.

Rocket Punch is Reinhardt Charge with some extra fun. His other two abilities aren't anything spectacular and aren't his focus. His mobility is lower than the mobile flankers, his gain-shields-from-damage is similar to Reaper's healing from damage, and so on.

He fills roles that were already filled.

Compare to Ana, who's the only long-range healer and healer/sniper and who has Sleep Dart, which is unique, and is the only one who can shut down healing received.
    Or Orisa, who's the only real long-range tank, has a big group damage buff ult, has placeable shields, and a CC that draws in rather than knocking back.
    Or Sombra, the only one who can shut down abilities, the only one with invisibility, with a placeable teleport.

Rather than being his own truly unique thing, Doomfist is a more-aggro Genji with a better one-shot and much worse flanking, mobility, and self-defense, basically. Rather than ever saying "we could totally use a Doomfist to solve this comp issue", you'll always be asking "would Doomfist be better than Genji or Reaper for this?"

And it's the first hero that's really been the case for, for me. And for one with as much hype as Doomfist, that disappoints me. I knew he was never going to be a healer, but I was expecting something more impactful to the meta than a niche DPS.

Doomfist is best when he shows up to the fight late, too many fists jump in first like they are Winston and then eat 6 guns worth of ammo. Yeah you might one shot someone but DF needs to get at least 2 kills to earn his value.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Doomfist is best when he shows up to the fight late, too many fists jump in first like they are Winston and then eat 6 guns worth of ammo. Yeah you might one shot someone but DF needs to get at least 2 kills to earn his value.
    Yeah, he can really demolish if he gets the jump on someone, but if anyone sees you coming, you're screwed.

I think Genji is better in everyway. Doomfist could really use a mobility buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Yeah, he can really demolish if he gets the jump on someone, but if anyone sees you coming, you're screwed.

I think Genji is better in everyway. Doomfist could really use a mobility buff.
    Gotta be careful with that. On PTR before they NERFED his mobility Doomfist was nearly impossible to pin down, and could out maneuver a Genji easily.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I think I take some of what I said back. There are so many things wrong with this hero.

1, Meteor Strike is basically a free map scout and assassination.
    2, Rocket Punch seems to need less aiming than Winston.
    3, Being stunned and bounced around the place is just fucking annoying.
    4, His crit spot isn't his head. I'm not sure where it is.
    5, Just fuck this guy.

If they really did nerf Roadhog for the reasons they did, I don't know how this got past QA. But they need to break him or revert the Hog so he can fuck him up.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-08-05 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Okay, I think I take some of what I said back. There are so many things wrong with this hero.

1, Meteor Strike is basically a free map scout and assassination.
    2, Rocket Punch seems to need less aiming than Winston.
    3, Being stunned and bounced around the place is just fucking annoying.
    4, His crit spot isn't his head. I'm not sure where it is.
    5, Just fuck this guy.

If they really did nerf Roadhog for the reasons they did, I don't know how this got past QA. But they need to break him or revert the Hog so he can fuck him up.
    Been saying a while now in game he's going to get nerfed. It's not that he's OP, but he does his job a little too well, much like Ana when she was first brought in. His fist charge just builds to fast right now for the damage it does. Unless you are right at a corner you can duck around he's gaurnateed to hit you, or you can play someone unpredictable like Tracer, Genji, or Lucio.
    He demolishes linebacker style groups when he has a tank to charge from behind, and even without one he can come from behind a flank and he just as effective due to being able to move while charging the fist attack.
    His Ult seems to build a little too fast, possibly due to hitting multiple people that are grouped up.
    There's the insane amount of shielding he gets when he connects with some of his attacks, and I've seen DF kills where he has roughly 400+ effective health.
    He really seems to be a character they made to force out current metas and make people pick more unpopular characters in high end play. Tracers have become more prominent in my games lately since he was released because they can shred him while easily avoiding most of his attacks. Pharah and Sym are becoming more prominent than normal now to, especially with Sym using turrets on flank areas. Hell, even Torb turrets are highly effective against him. The downside is you have to place turrets at the flank positions and take them away from choke points. On a personal note, I almost exclusively play Lucio now as support because he's a decent soft counter to DF and I got tired of being 1 shot by his charge as Mercy/Ana, and Zen has no mobility to escape him when being chased.

On a side note, I do like some of his voice lines and really enjoy the Street Fighter throwback when he says "Tiger Uppercut."
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-06 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Doomfist could really use a mobility buff.
    Hahaha, no. Genji and Doomfist both could use a mobility nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Hahaha, no. Genji and Doomfist both could use a mobility nerf.
    Don't know about mobility, but the way he throws everyone around and forces everyone to just run away; he's too disruptive. It's not his damage or mobility that's the issue, he's just chaos. It's like "Everyone scatter, but also focus him down and keep with your healers all at the same time."

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomfist is pretty bad when compared to current dps meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    Doomfist is pretty bad when compared to current dps meta.
    He actually has a very strong win rate at high levels. It's too early to really judge for me, there are loads of terrible ones around my level, then you get one shows up and just runs the match. He's a massive impact hero, and like say, hugely disruptive.

Deleted
    thx doomfist for destroying dive meta ^^ but we need supports heroes

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Then why are professional players who are payed to play overwatch saying he will literally disrupt and completely change the current meta along with Zarias changes.
    80% of the time the prediction of ''pro players'' in any game usually involves doom and gloom (towards both sides of the spectrum)...

Most realistic prediction is just wait and see how things turn out, for a damage dealer Doomfist has a huge hitbox so he may not even stay alive long enough in a ranked matches.