Deleted

Tier 21 Holy set bonuses.

Yey! more crap set bonuses courtesy of our favourite Diablo developers.

Im just wondering if we're gonna get more horrifically bad statted gear while were busy. Its beginning to become a bad idea to collect our sets nowadays. Sad tbh.

I thought the 2 piece looked pretty nice.

The 2 piece isn't bad.

4 piece could be fairly interesting, however it's not a throughput increase and doesn't really help all that much. It depends on the numbers though. If it procs every time the tank falls below 50% and reduces sac by 20-30 secs then that's pretty good. However it might also be 20% with a 10-20 second reduction which isn't that great.

I'd rather see some more throughput set bonuses though. 2 piece isn't bad at all imo but 4 piece could use work.

10+ Year Old Account
    4p might not see any use depending on the tuning and the stats on our tier.
    That said, 2p looks nice. I'm always a fan of more bacon healing

if 4 piece is the same that is some horrible shit

Deleted
    Well sacrifice is all well and nice but its a bit crap for a 4 set bonus. The 2 set bonus isnt terrible I agree but compared to what some other healers are getting I still feel slightly ripped off. The current tier 20 set bonuses arent exactly ground breaking either.

I don't care how you spin it, 4 piece is pretty shit. Even if let's say it had a 50% more uptime, it's still shit. Provides no throughput bonus which is really what tier bonuses are supposed to be about.

The entire expac our tier pieces have been pretty lazy. T19 is the only decent 4 piece we've had. T20 4piece is garbage, leads to mostly overhealing and most good pallies aren't even taking it, and now T21 4 piece isn't even a throughput bonus.

GTFO blizzard.

Yeah hopefully 4 piece is just PH. That or hopefully they change it.

Out of all the healers we could really use a throughput 4 piece. Rdruids and rshamans already dominate Aoe healing and their ST isn't bad either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I don't care how you spin it, 4 piece is pretty shit. Even if let's say it had a 50% more uptime, it's still shit. Provides no throughput bonus which is really what tier bonuses are supposed to be about.

The entire expac our tier pieces have been pretty lazy. T19 is the only decent 4 piece we've had. T20 4piece is garbage, leads to mostly overhealing and most good pallies aren't even taking it, and now T21 4 piece isn't even a throughput bonus.

GTFO blizzard.
    This about sums up the whole thing. Im so reluctant to get rid of my tier 19 cause I actually like the set bonuses on it.

Deleted
    t20 4pc is about twice as good as t19 4pc on actual content and the t20 2pc makes the game a lot more fun to play
    still, any set bonuses amplifying beacon healing are horrid design and forever will be

It's just lazy design, same thing they're doing with ret atm, although they *might* be placeholders. It's still pretty early.

Deleted
    You guys know that this is still work in progress and these stuff is in PTR? Meaning you can provide feedback, suggest other set bonuses for your class/spec and make them change or improve the current bonuses. Whining like this about set bonuses not being good will provide you nothing but waste of time.

Deleted
    you can provide feedback but only if it's positive guys that'll definitely make them change or improve the current iteration!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    t20 4pc is about twice as good as t19 4pc on actual content and the t20 2pc makes the game a lot more fun to play
    still, any set bonuses amplifying beacon healing are horrid design and forever will be
    Well... I cant say I agree with this. With the new legendary ring im getting crazy amounts of holy shock procs and getting so many FoL buffs its amazing. Where as the tier 20 set bonus is mostly just more overhealing yummy my fave. As if I dont get enough overhealing as it is.
    Also its not much of a difference really considering its really crap length. Give me a buffed FoL anyday.
    Last edited by mmocaff59fb7db; 2017-07-09 at 02:29 AM.

I for one find 2 set to be terrible. With all the throughput increases to everyone and their grandma (except us) we have seen in 7.2.5 Paladins are really starting to be the one trick pony. The further issue is that the trick is often not even required.

It all depends on the raid design I guess, but having everything focused around% increase of healing transferred to beacons is IMH both boring and imbalance design.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2017-07-09 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    either bosses deal enough tank damage for it to be good so paladins are hyper mandatory and the bonus might as well be considered baseline or bosses dont deal enough tank damage so it's a dead set and running multiple paladins is hyper garbage

you cant win with beacon tier bonuses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    but the numbers disagree with you
    This maybe so but I really disagree. My current raid group has a Holy priest a resto shaman and me. I find 99% of my job is keeping the tank alive. But the thing is numbers in heroic are either too heavy for just healing with beacon or overheal.
    In normal I find my services to be just about pointless the tank doesnt take enough damage ever and I can keep a tank alive with just beacon but not in heroic. I find the amount it provides to be either to little or too much. If we had a monk tank maybe it would be more useful but we dont.

In NH I was practically always top healer in ToS im finding it hard to even compete for 2nd spot. The tank damage is either titanic or just not there at all.
    Its taking some getting used too.
    I tried the 2 set bonus and the 4 set bonus on the new tier 20 set bonus and the bonus was so negligible I went straight back to my Mythic/heroic titanforged Tier 19. Where as the play style for tier 19 I enjoy.

So yeah the numbers maybe are clear cut that its better but when has numbers ever reflected anything but raw stats? Im going to hold onto my tier 19 as long as I possibly can 2 big cast FoLs is far more useful then a tiny amount of extra beacon healing on bosses that spike the tank down to 50% every 5 seconds.

Least thats my opinion.