Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Post some good set bonuses so blizz may get them.
    PH
    Blame blizzard for doing 'boring sets', link even worse sets as reference of how good sets should be like. Smart one :d

The problem is that they have been using set bonuses and legendary to compensate for bad game and classs design. It feels great during the tier when your character isn't aids to play, but it just masks the actual underlying problems and makes future expectations unreasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really, Assassination got pretty nice bonuses compared to the TOS ones which are really boring.
    frankly 2p t20 is one of the best assa bonus i ever played
    i only hope that double set is still viable in the next raid

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    False, almost all the t20 bonuses were changed during the ptr.
    They really weren't. Most of them were either just nerfed, had bugs that made them strong(not OP) fixed or had the 2p and 4p swapped around. Very few actually got redesigned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id rather have boring predictable set bonuses than shitty useless "fun procs"

As others said, current ones on PTR are placeholder and are/will be changed before going live.
    Yeah, people keep saying that with PTR stuff, and then it goes live(maybe with a few number tweaks here and there)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    frankly 2p t20 is one of the best assa bonus i ever played
    i only hope that double set is still viable in the next raid
    I still didn't get T20 2P, but I meant it as the form of "mechanics". For me things that "increases DMG of an ability by x%" or "reduce ability cooldown by x seconds" are boring(not bad - just boring).

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    ITT: People defending Blizzard's 'placeholders' pretty much ignoring that these super early 'placeholders' have rarely ever changed in the past (not talking about numbers here).

Like, I'm fully expecting 90% of these set bonuses to make it to live exactly the way they are right now. Many of them will be boring and some of them will flat out not make sense (like, remember how BM T19 didn't work with Dire Frenzy for like 3 months? Yea, placeholders).
    If you're one of Blizzard's favorite specs you'll prolly still be drowned with attention, but if you're like a warlock or an ele shaman you'll just be ignored for another 6 months.

So yea, history has shown that your 'placeholders'... were never placeholders.
    That's complete bullshit.

Holy pally T20 changed 2-3 times before we got this version and that was only this tier. It's changed a lot in the past as well.

The last iteration completely changed the bonuses from what they were before. I could name some other tiers this happened as well but that's not necessary since you're already wrong and I haven't even gone 1 tier back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's complete bullshit.

Holy pally T20 changed 2-3 times before we got this version and that was only this tier. It's changed a lot in the past as well.

The last iteration completely changed the bonuses from what they were before. I could name some other tiers this happened as well but that's not necessary since you're already wrong and I haven't even gone 1 tier back yet.
    Great, so you play one of the few specs that actually got reworked.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I still didn't get T20 2P, but I meant it as the form of "mechanics". For me things that "increases DMG of an ability by x%" or "reduce ability cooldown by x seconds" are boring(not bad - just boring).
    the energy is so good that you can use freely garrote without messing the rotation.
    i mean, from the moment that blizz add the energy discount i thought that was a good bonus, but after use it, damn, its even better.
    and in multitarget you can basically spam it without trowing tons of energy (4 second and it pay itself)
    its good, very good as bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They really weren't. Most of them were either just nerfed, had bugs that made them strong(not OP) fixed or had the 2p and 4p swapped around. Very few actually got redesigned.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people keep saying that with PTR stuff, and then it goes live(maybe with a few number tweaks here and there)
    here are the first t20 that were added to the ptr
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-23578

have fun comparing them, there are some specs that didnt changed like sv hunter, fire mage, ww monk, etc. But most of them were changed.

Tanks are going from completely copy pasted tier bonuses with different ability names stuck on (T20) to some more diverse tank bonuses.

Unfortunately the prot paladin one seems to be designed for entirely the wrong class. Paladin does not need a mediocre heal, and it'll seem even cheaper if it's a bandaid LoH-like heal to cover them getting melee'd for their entire health pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    no .
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    here are the first t20 that were added to the ptr
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-23578

have fun comparing them, there are some specs that didnt changed like sv hunter, fire mage, ww monk, etc. But most of them were changed.
    Judging from the classes I somewhat seriously play:

Like 50% of the original DK boni made it to live, prolly more (like, the concept of frost was just thrown at unholy and vice versa).
    DH changes were like 2 ability swaps for vengeance, that's about it.
    Guardian druid was most likely only changed because they decided to gut Guardian, but the concept of the boni was still kept intact.
    Nothing but numbers changed about hunters.
    Mage didn't change at all (like, yay, they swapped 2 affected spells for arcane, hype).
    Shadow did indeed change completely (thank god for not having to play Mindbender spam).
    Nothing changed about shaman either (and believe me, elemental shamans went nuts about their set bonus from the very first second).
    Affli lock did indeed change (contrary to ele shamans, their 24/7 rants were not ignored).

So yea, not having looked at all classes here, but from the ones I know... barely anything changed.
    Some specs were lucky and got their seriously stupid sets replaced. Some specs didn't see any changes (it's btw incredible how many of these sets are just boring your X lowers the CD of your Y by Zs). Most specs received numbers changes.

My point still stands. For most classes these 'placeholders' are not going to be placeholders. Most specs will have some numbers tweaks, some shit boni will be lost, some shit boni will still be shit. But don't act like Blizzard is going to give a shit about player feedback - whether they change something or not is completely random at this point.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2017-07-08 at 06:20 AM.

all the rogue bonuses are pretty good actually
    way more interesting than the ToS ones