1. #57101
    The Lightbringer Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    3,143
    In response to a topic earlier on in this page: I'm pretty sure that Azerite is going to work exactly like AP and I'm very glad it is. AP has been an overall very successful system that rewards your character and gives it constant progression. Despite how shitty it was and how they fucked up by balancing Nighthold encounters around it, AP has become a great system from ToS and onward. I think it's a safe assumption that Azerite will follow suit with even further improvements.

  2. #57102
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    In response to a topic earlier on in this page: I'm pretty sure that Azerite is going to work exactly like AP and I'm very glad it is. AP has been an overall very successful system that rewards your character and gives it constant progression. Despite how shitty it was and how they fucked up by balancing Nighthold encounters around it, AP has become a great system from ToS and onward.
    What? AP Grind in 7.3 is absolutely the worst (and hasn't been much better in 7.2 either). I'd say it was okay in 7.0 and 7.1 but with 7.2 and 7.3 they made it worse in every possible way.
    World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth™ - Boom Boom Pow Flashy Blinky Brighty Nonsense by Michael Bay - Coming Soon -

  3. #57103
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    In response to a topic earlier on in this page: I'm pretty sure that Azerite is going to work exactly like AP and I'm very glad it is. AP has been an overall very successful system that rewards your character and gives it constant progression. Despite how shitty it was and how they fucked up by balancing Nighthold encounters around it, AP has become a great system from ToS and onward. I think it's a safe assumption that Azerite will follow suit with even further improvements.
    Yeah, I agree. A MMO has grinds to keep you occupied, and I think the AP grind is perfectly fine in its current state to keep players going without being required.

  4. #57104
    I am Murloc! ArgusTheUnmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Core of my World.
    Posts
    5,996
    Cmon now, let someone leak the Antorus cinematics. :O PLEASE!

  5. #57105
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? AP Grind in 7.3 is absolutely the worst (and hasn't been much better in 7.2 either). I'd say it was okay in 7.0 and 7.1 but with 7.2 and 7.3 they made it worse in every possible way.
    For the vast majority of players, you don't need to grind AP any more since the infinite traits are no longer flat, percentage based bonuses to damage/etc.

    I don't see how it's worse now. It's been improved in almost every way, from the paragon trait to the fact you can fill out your artifact on new characters instantaneously. Not to mention the removal of the quest requirement for the 7.2 trait wheel.

  6. #57106
    The Lightbringer Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? AP Grind in 7.3 is absolutely the worst (and hasn't been much better in 7.2 either). I'd say it was okay in 7.0 and 7.1 but with 7.2 and 7.3 they made it worse in every possible way.
    You are absolutely on crack if you think AP was better in 7.0/7.1 and are grinding for it in 7.3. I don't know what game you're playing, but the one I'm playing improved AP in every way in 7.3.

    7.0 and 7.1 had guilds requiring their members to be at a certain trait for their raids and it only got worse in NH where they required people to have even stricter requirements with the first paragon trait. I don't know what kind of grinding you're doing now, but it was in every way worse than what you're doing now. 7.2 introduced the Concordance buff which is a great trait but not as impactful as the flat out damage percent buff, wasn't required by many guilds, and was way easier to achieve with the increase in Knowledge. 7.3 introduced the Crucible and huge scaling in AK which rewarded people who worked on farming AP and more importantly, doesn't punish people for playing casually/dragging behind; allowing them to get the traits required for the crucible in a reasonable time.

    But yeah, you're right, the 7.3 system definitely made the AP system worse in every way despite the fact that it's the least punishing incarnation of AP in Legion so far and the fact that you will get billions of it from a single WQ in a few weeks.

  7. #57107
    if i want endless grind i will play... diablo? Path of Exile? etc. Ap GRIND is just worst. before that i can choose what i want to do, or take some break from game. now this stupid 75 level of artifact required to have your full potential. In summary - we need grind m+ for a CHANCE of better loot, we must grind everything for bis legendary and we must grind AP to have our full potential (not enless trait, but 75 level for crucible)... i would say TOO! MUCH! GRIND! give me back dailies like in mop.

    oh. and think that it's ENDLESS is worst. you just don't see the goal of it. The path is sweet if you know where is the finish, but if you simply can't reach it the path became the burden

  8. #57108
    The Lightbringer Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    if i want endless grind i will play... diablo? Path of Exile? etc. Ap GRIND is just worst. before that i can choose what i want to do, or take some break from game. now this stupid 75 level of artifact required to have your full potential. In summary - we need grind m+ for a CHANCE of better loot, we must grind everything for bis legendary and we must grind AP to have our full potential (not enless trait, but 75 level for crucible)... i would say TOO! MUCH! GRIND! give me back dailies like in mop.
    Literally only one of those things is relevant to AP and it absolutely is not a system that requires grinding with the recent increase in Knowledge that started a few months ago.

  9. #57109
    So who wants to enhance the computer screens in the background of these photos: https://twitter.com/candacerthomas/s...82171354497024

  10. #57110
    I have multiple alts I don't even bother to do emissaries on at 70 by just doing class hall missions. My main comfortably reached 75 with no grinding at all. Going past 75 is not at all required. So I really don't see how AP is in any way grindy in 7.3

  11. #57111
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? AP Grind in 7.3 is absolutely the worst (and hasn't been much better in 7.2 either). I'd say it was okay in 7.0 and 7.1 but with 7.2 and 7.3 they made it worse in every possible way.
    AP "grind" in 7.3 is trivial. If you don't reach 75 before Antorus M opens, you aren't playing actively enough to need it. It's perfectly possible to have 69+ now without doing much beyond missions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •