Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Just catched up on a few pages.

Doomsayers are back?

Yes! The end is near.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Is it grasping at straws to also point out that "Validated Doomsayer" is a card in Hearthstone's Whispers of the Old Gods expansion?
    No, it's not, it's just another nice little hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, he's properly recognized as the Speaker.

The Defense system activates sanitization protocols when the caretaker reaches the 3rd Lightseeker egg (the Shadow version of the mount) which has been corrupted and so is recognized as containing void energies.
    6:20 aprox, Void is found inside the shadow Lightseeker.
    6:45 aprox, the caretaker states the visitors may be in a corrupted state.

It's quite vague, but it's a chance. If we take Il'gynoth's whispers as correct, then the logical train of thought is to believe it's Magni, aside from the Mount, because the gnome refers to the visitors.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

"If you are hearing whispers of an unknown origin, please step directly into the searing light." Magni, there you go.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The corrupted visitor could be refering to the priest:
    1) A shadow priest weilding Xalatath and void coursing inside the priest
    2) A disc priest - wielded of yes light but also power of shadow
    3) holy priest - wielder of light but tuure and naaru life cycle shifts to its darkness phase or void.

For all classes: human, worgen, forsaken, dwarves, gnome they are corrupted Azerothian creatures.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-27 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if this has been already brought up but...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=147527/d...phlet#comments

World of Warcraft: Emerald Dawn incoming? It sounds like a plausible name.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2017-07-26 at 08:24 PM.

Well, what could be the Emerald Dawn then? I don't know if there's more content for Emerald Dream / Nightmare whatever. Maybe Emerald Dream and Nightmare collapsing or both merging and causing havoc on Azeroth?

Another thing that comes to my mind (actually the first thing when I thought about Emerald Dawn)... The Hour of Twilight: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Hour_of_Twilight

What if the Emerald Dawn is the Dawn after the Hour of Twilight? What if the Hour of Twilight wasn't prevented but delayed and will happen... somehow now?

This would somehow fit with what we experienced in Cataclysm with Murozond and would connect to the Chromie scenario and Ion's statement about Dragons becoming important again (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Murozond) - the Hour of Twilight wiki I posted a bit higher has some really nice details and theories.

Something that can be found in the Hour of Twilight wiki:

Even with Deathwing's demise, the Old Gods may still be plotting another way of achieving their ultimate goal, suggesting that the Hour of Twilight was only delayed and not truly stopped. The further proof to this claim is The Blank Scroll short story, where Garrosh Hellscream--fueled by the power of the Scroll--managed to destroy most bastions of resistance against his goal to gain Orcish supremacy over the world. For a time they ruled, and then the apocalypse occurred; caused either by the Legion or the Naga and the Faceless ones (referred to as "horrors from the sea") or maybe both, fighting a devastating war that ultimately destroyed Azeroth.

Garrosh believed in a world ruled by the orcs. The scroll had made that reality. The orcs flowed over Kalimdor, enslaved by a different master than the demonic blood that had once dominated them. Nothing could kill them, and the pale void of the artifact that drove them blazed in their empty eyes. Teldrassil had toppled, burning, into the sea. A charred pit was all that remained of the Exodar. The tauren and trolls, appalled by the devastation, had fled across the Great Sea, hoping that Garrosh would be content with his victories. Stormwind fell. The orcs reigned supreme. For a time. The Dark Portal, left unguarded, was reclaimed by the Burning Legion. Horrors rose from the sea and found no champions left to stop them. Azeroth's mountains burned and melted. Its oceans boiled until nothing remained. And all was dark.

All of this is just getting more and more interesting.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-26 at 08:50 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post

The Wowhead comment brings up a good point. The "emerald sun" is Argus. So the Emerald Dawn may be 7.3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerblock View Post
    The Wowhead comment brings up a good point. The "emerald sun" is Argus. So the Emerald Dawn may be 7.3
    Exactly, Im pretty sure we wont get any emerald dream/nightmare stuff for at least 2 expacs.
    Emerald-->green
    Emerald Sun= Argus

Also the doomsayers for 8.0 will probably only appear in prepatch

Some of these pamphlets sound like they are coming straight out of Yogg-Sarons puzzlebox.

Deleted
    Alot of nice theories. Im all up for the South sea / pirate setting for a change, but won't be suprised if they do something completely different first. Whatever, I just hope they replace Khadgar as a main leader (and Dalaran zzZZzzz...), he has been guiding us for 2 expansions, it's time for someone fresh. He should become the guardian like he is suppose to.

Hm,
    After Emerald Nightmare raid Emerald Dream expansion will be what? Old corrupted zones?
    Naah

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, what could be the Emerald Dawn then? I don't know if there's more content for Emerald Dream / Nightmare whatever. Maybe Emerald Dream and Nightmare collapsing or both merging and causing havoc on Azeroth?

Another thing that comes to my mind (actually the first thing when I thought about Emerald Dawn)... The Hour of Twilight: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Hour_of_Twilight

What if the Emerald Dawn is the Dawn after the Hour of Twilight? What if the Hour of Twilight wasn't prevented but delayed and will happen... somehow now?

This would somehow fit with what we experienced in Cataclysm with Murozond and would connect to the Chromie scenario and Ion's statement about Dragons becoming important again (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Murozond) - the Hour of Twilight wiki I posted a bit higher has some really nice details and theories.

Something that can be found in the Hour of Twilight wiki:

Even with Deathwing's demise, the Old Gods may still be plotting another way of achieving their ultimate goal, suggesting that the Hour of Twilight was only delayed and not truly stopped.
    And this match with my idea about Odyn/Seekers in Ulduar and the Aspects are all involved in the next expac...

An Emerald Dawn.

An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow.
    Is Argus

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries.
    The Titan Azeroth and Magni

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    Is Sargeras? But the "Crooked serpent" is a biblical reference to the Leviathan:
    "Leviathan the crooked serpent, ... the dragon that is in the sea" (Isaiah 27/1)

"Crooked Serpent" also indicated the Draco constellation in the North Pole, but in mine mythology (Antique Roman), Draco was also a Giant Titan killed in battle by Minerva and thrown into the sky, frozed around the North Pole.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.
    N'Zot?

At this point can we agree that the next expansion will not about "Wrath of Azshara/Rise of the Naga Empire"? For sure nagas will be involved, but not like a main treat.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    Is Sargeras? But the "Crooked serpent" is a biblical reference to the Leviathan:
    "Leviathan the crooked serpent, ... the dragon that is in the sea" (Isaiah 27/1)

"Crooked Serpent" also indicated the Draco constellation in the North Pole, but in mine mythology (Antique Roman), Draco was also a Giant Titan killed in battle by Minerva and thrown into the sky, frozed around the North Pole.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.
    N'Zot?

At this point can we agree that the next expansion will not about "Wrath of Azshara/Rise of the Naga Empire"? For sure nagas will be involved, but not like a main treat.
    I think the crooked serpent / Leviathan is N'zoth. We know N'zoth has an affiliation to the sea, oceans etc., the same as the biblical Leviathan. "The crooked serpent feasts on stars" could be another hint / reference to the Il'gynoth whispers "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars" - I think both of this sentences are connected and should be treated as such as it makes much sense. I know there are some guys that really doubt it's N'zoth (or the shape of a squid / octopus) in the sky above Deepholm but I still think it's him and we only discovered this experience lately and not back in Cataclysm because we know much more now than back in 2010 or 2011.

And my "paint version" with the tentacles and the shape marked:

"From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars."

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars"

The part about "it has no eyes..." could be a reference to the Emerald Dream / Nightmare though. We know Malfurion noticed a presence of ancient evil (N'zoth's presence) in the Dream / Nightmare (Stormrage novel).

And no, I think Naga / Azshara and N'zoth can't be separated. Both belong together and it wouldn't make no sense to give us N'zoth but not the Naga. Either they're serving us Naga / Azshara first and N'zoth afterwards or we're getting just Naga / Azshara and no N'zoth. Fighting N'zoth before / without fighting Naga doesn't make sense imho.

TL;DR

- Azeroth is corrupted by N'zoth and Magni can hear her "cries"
    - The crooked serpent is N'zoth (Naga could be meant as well as they're some kind of serpent creatures)
    - We still have to think about what the stars could actually mean, there are some theories (Kul'tiras, Maelstorm, "space")

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The serpent who feasts on stars = Nagas....
    WEll of Eternity..
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-27 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet the crooked serpent is Ysera. She was corrupted (crooked) and rose to the stars when she died. All the Emerald Dawn thingy may relate to the future Green Aspect after the Nightware was cleansed.

An emerald sun dawns in the vault of the heavens, but casts no shadow. <- The Emerald Dream. It's an uncorrupted plane of reality that has no 'physical manifestation' on the material plane, thus no shadow.

The world lifts her voice in terror, but only one can hear her cries. <- Azeroth's warning, and Magni heeding her call.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars. <- Ysera, fading into the lunar eclipse.

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings. <- Ysera 'has no eyes' because she had her eyes closed while in the dream. What I don't get is the part of infinite endings and beginnings. May it be related to life and death? Alexstrasza is the Aspect of Life. Might that mean she is the next to die?

/tinfoil hat

10+ Year Old Account
    HYPE TRAIN: Next Expansion WILL Be Announced at Gamescom 2017! Less than a MONTH AWAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the crooked serpent / Leviathan is N'zoth. We know N'zoth has an affiliation to the sea, oceans etc., the same as the biblical Leviathan. "The crooked serpent feasts on stars" could be another hint / reference to the Il'gynoth whispers "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars" - I think both of this sentences are connected and should be treated as such as it makes much sense. I know there are some guys that really doubt it's N'zoth (or the shape of a squid / octopus) in the sky above Deepholm but I still think it's him and we only discovered this experience lately and not back in Cataclysm because we know much more now than back in 2010 or 2011.

And my "paint version" with the tentacles and the shape marked:

"From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars."

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars"

The part about "it has no eyes..." could be a reference to the Emerald Dream / Nightmare though. We know Malfurion noticed a presence of ancient evil (N'zoth's presence) in the Dream / Nightmare (Stormrage novel).

And no, I think Naga / Azshara and N'zoth can't be separated. Both belong together and it wouldn't make no sense to give us N'zoth but not the Naga. Either they're serving us Naga / Azshara first and N'zoth afterwards or we're getting just Naga / Azshara and no N'zoth. Fighting N'zoth before / without fighting Naga doesn't make sense imho.

TL;DR

- Azeroth is corrupted by N'zoth and Magni can hear her "cries"
    - The crooked serpent is N'zoth (Naga could be meant as well as they're some kind of serpent creatures)
    - We still have to think about what the stars could actually mean, there are some theories (Kul'tiras, Maelstorm, "space")
    Isn't that the Deepholme nonsense from before?

The question I have is: Will they be keeping the content scaling? Or will they go back to how things used to be?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    The question I have is: Will they be keeping the content scaling? Or will they go back to how things used to be?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Content scaling is here to stay (as it should be).

What I don't get is the part of infinite endings and beginnings.
    Nozdormu / Murozond weaving endless layers of potential pasts, presents and futures?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Isn't that the Deepholme nonsense from before?
    Yes, but it's still no nonsense, it's talking about theories. Nonsense in a speculation thread is non-existent.