I really hope these are placeholder!

The t21 set bonuses, what in the actual flying fuck!?
    KC damage increased? Okay. Wild call resetting KC as well as DB/DF? Huh? Maybe. So just a high proc based spec with a priority system of what to use first depending on procs.
    MS firing a 2nd time based on RNG? Maybe? MS increases damage of next AS/MS? What the hell? There's already times we sit on MS. Are we supposed to go back to meme build?
    FS grants an increase to RS crit based on RNG? Just no. Each MB increases damage of next RS? Could work. This suggests a synergy between abilities that doesn't exist.
    These set bonuses look like utter garbage. Man, do I hope they change!

BM seems decent, but I suppose cries for 2 charge KC will be enormous with this set.

MM doesn't really... make sense. Patient Sniper encourages you to use MS as rarely as possible - with Sentinel being Dog Shit and Explo Shot being gimmicky, you'll never be MS spamming. 4pc is just as random... how are you supposed to build up AS buff stacks? For this to work you'd need to play with Zevrim and get mad 2pc + Zevrim procs. Clunky as fuck.

Does it really matter if the set bonuses have good/bad synergy with our rotation? As long as the set bonuses provide a good boost to our damage, then it's all fine with me. In fact, I'd probably prefer for set bonuses to have bad synergy with our rotations (again, as long as they still provide a good boost to our damage) since this would imply that the set bonuses throw a wrench into our normal rotations, which makes things more interesting and arguably increases the separation between the skilled and non-skilled players (skilled players will be better at noticing when they should break from the normal rotation to maximise DPS).

Basically all the set bonuses seem like "first tier of an expansion" bonuses, mostly just +damage with little to no synergy with anything.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    BM seems decent, but I suppose cries for 2 charge KC will be enormous with this set.
    Exactly. Make Posthaste baseline, remove row 3 and introduce DPS talents where one gives us 2 charge KC.

#dream
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-07-07 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Idd, raptor strike is such a dumb skill, hopefully they will change the set to not involve that shit skill.

Flanking & Mongoose = <3
    Flanking & Raptor & Mongoose = </3

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Item - Hunter T21 Marksmanship 2P Bonus - Marked Shot Sometimes Shoots Twice (New) Marked Shot has a 0% chance to fire at the target an additional time.
    Item - Hunter T21 Marksmanship 4P Bonus - Marked Shot Buffs Focus Builders (New) When Marked Shot deals damage, the damage of your next Focus generating shot is increased by 0%, and it will generate 0% additional Focus. Stacks up to 0 times.
    I've literally no idea how the 4pc could stack any higher than 1 times without using the legy ring or the 2pc. It should just be the other way around, Focus builder should stack up marked shot...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

There haven't been many situations where the initial datamined set bonuses stayed as they were. They're bound to be changed.

I don't see those going live. Hell, the MM bonuses don't even make sense. Extra focus and damage from multishot is completely useless. MS focus generation already scales well with mobs and it's damage is completely irrelevant; it would need a 10x damage modifier to even make it worthwile for me to raise an eyebrow.
    Same with AS really, the extra energy would be really nice I could actually see that work well; but the extra damage is pointless as well, the skill itself has low innate damage that any modifier really doesn't do it justice. (Frankly I would like for Arcane Shot to have a bit higher base damage, but that's another discussion).

MM 2 piece isn't bad, would be a nice boon too AoE damage. Single target it wouldn't really do all that much though. That said, I'm not sure that MM hunters need marked shot to become an even bigger % of their AoE damage.

BM bonuses are quite shitty overal and rather lackluster.

But as I've said before; there are hardly any instances where the set bonuses didn't change during the iteration process. Generally they're tackled last anyway as they're a good mechanic for blizzard to tune classes with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I've literally no idea how the 4pc could stack any higher than 1 times without using the legy ring or the 2pc. It should just be the other way around, Focus builder should stack up marked shot...
    I don't think the bonus was even very well thought through. They just put some placeholders in place. Hell maybe even to just get a laugh out of the forum discussions.

That said, the 4P bonus consists of 2 components.
    1) More energy from generators. This is only really relevant to ST (and thus Arcane Shot) as you generally don't have a lot of focus issues in AoE since you're relying more heavily on Marked Shot which is cheaper than Aimed Shot and Multishot already scales quite well with mobs.

2) More damage based on the number of Marked Shot hits. Depending on the % it could very well make Multishots hit harder than aimed shots if you hit 10+ targets with Marked Shot. The AoE dps during trueshot (with Multi > Marked > Multi > Marked > etc spam) would be insane xD
    Especially combined with that 2p bonus.
    For ST this in particular would then be completely worthless.

It is the first iteration doesn't mean they will change but doesn't meant they won't either.

My impression of the MM bonus is that it no longer revolving around Aimed Shot being the main source of damage. If the proc and the damage increase are high enough, you could spam Arcane Shot and Marked Shot during Trueshot without any Aimed Shots at all, which is a good thing, because they are both instant casts, thus more mobility. Currently you don't do that because Aimed Shot is stronger. Patient Sniper could even be dropped if you end up hitting Marked Shot more often than Aimed Shot.

Increasing the damage of focus generators might also be a move towards using Sidewinders again. It's the strongest focus generator, and its damage could easily blow away Trick Shot for single target damage with a substantial set bonus on it.