Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mmo with minimum subscription by hours, not months

WoW, a very good mmo, has minimum subscription a month. No plans for a lower time?

Searching for a good mmo with minimum subscription some hours?

Say what now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they changed it, WoW still has hourly subscriptions for places like China and possibly Korea.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    I mean, sure...let's make a subscription that's billed monthly but based on the hours you spend. Or, like a prepaid; pay in 20€, and it is spent according to the time you spend in the game.

So, WoW, for example, at it's most expensive, is 12,99€/month. Let's use 30 days, to make it simpler. That's 12,99/30/24 for an hourly rate. So, 1,8 euro cents per hour. Feel free to point out any game that has hourly rates that cheap.

I assume like Lollis describes, they are asking for a shorter commitment period than one month.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I assume like Lollis describes, they are asking for a shorter commitment period than one month.
    Yeah, the thread topic says hours.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as an "hourly rate" in any MMO. Some are free to play with monthly subscription options, but all require a 30 day commitment if you want to pay.

Let the seedy hotels next to strip clubs keep the market cornered on "hourly rates".

There are plenty of B2P or F2P options available.

10+ Year Old Account
    So interesting that you'd search for an MMO not based on its content, end-game, community or graphics, but on how little time you can stay subscribed.

Stick to free-to-play MMOs if you can't commit to $15 a month is what I'd say.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I see, right, it is cheap.

About WoW. There is a possibility to pay 15 and to have like 1000 countdown hours ? It is a right plan.

Or another game?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make account on chinese wow servers.

Quote Originally Posted by netgamer View Post

About WoW. There is a possibility to pay 15 and to have like 1000 countdown hours ?
    No.

You pay $15 for access to the game for 720 consecutive hours. It makes little difference if you use 1 hour, or all 720 hours. I can't see any scenario where Blizzard would change to an hourly countdown. They would lose money.

Deleted
    You can easily pay 12,99€ or $15 for a movie (maybe with some popcorn), at least if it's 3D, and that's 1-2 hours. As said, for that price, you get 720-744 hours (except on February) of access to WoW, and that's just an example, but the prices don't vary that much with other games. If that's too steep for you then I suppose you should prioritize other things than entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    No.

You pay $15 for access to the game for 720 consecutive hours. It makes little difference if you use 1 hour, or all 720 hours. I can't see any scenario where Blizzard would change to an hourly countdown. They would lose money.
    They would lose a lot of money.

I feel that when I say 15 for 1000 hours I was understood 1000 consecutive hours.

Ok, next proposal, example copied from mobile internet, of course only the idea, not word by word.

15$ for 150 hours or 1 month, whichever comes first. I think this plan is a good idea.

Of course my vote goes to 15$ for 150 hours and no time limit, finished when the user consumes the hours in 1 or 2 months, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Unless they changed it, WoW still has hourly subscriptions for places like China and possibly Korea.
    they did. it's no longer an option.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that when I say 15 for 1000 hours I was understood 1000 consecutive hours.

Ok, next proposal, example copied from mobile internet, of course only the idea, not word by word.

15$ for 150 hours or 1 month, whichever comes first. I think this plan is a good idea.

Of course my vote goes to 15$ for 150 hours and no time limit, finished when the user consumes the hours in 1 or 2 months, for example.
    $15 for 150 hours? Are you fucking retarded? Nobody would pay that. People would leave WoW in droves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted

I think it's a pretty horrible idea; from both, the customer and the business perspective.

You would like to pay the same price for less? Are you mental?

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I see your example. WoW in China was with playtime but in 2016 they switched to subscription.

I can't find another alternative to WoW with playtime.

Maybe they will add playtime to Europe if there are more votes.

Deleted
    I see your example. WoW in China was with playtime but in 2016 they switched to subscription.

I can't find another alternative to WoW with playtime.

Maybe they will add playtime to Europe if there are more votes.
    It's never gonna come to any MMO in this day and age, your proposal is outdated and only works in the 90's when netcafés when still being used.