Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

rank 2 and 3 of infernal brimstone

i have been looking everywehre on google, wowhead, everywhere and no one has spoken about this...

all the other ranks for minerals say "world drop from mining node" however infernal brimstone says "quest" "dalaran" yet i cannot find this quest, i do not know how to get it, why im missing it, what i need to do

ive gone to the quest page, the spell page, the item page, google, everything, even trade chat, and got NOTHING please somone help...

also
    ive been mining for 8 hours, a ore about every 10 seconds, normal, rich, seams, and living when they appeared (using the able to interact well mounted, unable to be dismounted, and increased mount speed) and i have not gotten a single of the rank threes

why cant i get ANY rank threes?

also the nerf to mining living things has made it pointless... most mobs will give greys, and 1/10th the time they will give 1 ore...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    i cant help you lot, bc i am a herbalist, but infernla brimstoen you will get from infernal brimstone wq. as of higher ranks for all the ore, make sure you are lvl110, do the darkmoon +5skill quest shortly before you reach skill 800. The drop % of rank2/3 is brutal low.

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm weird... well im 791, and ive allready done the darkmoon fair...

It's actually an issue affecting a few people. Mama Diggs is supposed to offer you a second quest, Infernal Brimstone Analysis, that unlocks rank 2 of Infernal Brimstone. The issue is that she doesn't appear to be offering it at this time. It's unclear whether all of the rank 2 rare materials were supposed to take this long to acquire, or if Mining is just bugged
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    It's actually an issue affecting a few people. Mama Diggs is supposed to offer you a second quest, Infernal Brimstone Analysis, that unlocks rank 2 of Infernal Brimstone. The issue is that she doesn't appear to be offering it at this time. It's unclear whether all of the rank 2 rare materials were supposed to take this long to acquire, or if Mining is just bugged
    well i have somone in my guild who got rank 3 felwort right away... and im confused why infernal brimstone is not the same, i made my own thread questioning why leveling mining overall has suddenly become impossible here because... my god... its so tiring....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post42269303

I received the quest to unlock rank 2 of Infernal Brimstone from the Infernal Brimstone world quest. I'm pretty certain that the quest for rank 3 will come the same way too.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's only a chance per quest - so unless you have awesome luck, you're just going to have to persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by dotKaine View Post
    I received the quest to unlock rank 2 of Infernal Brimstone from the Infernal Brimstone world quest. I'm pretty certain that the quest for rank 3 will come the same way too.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's only a chance per quest - so unless you have awesome luck, you're just going to have to persevere.
    Did you have 800 mining when you aquired the rank 2 quest item?

Quote Originally Posted by Tixuz View Post
    Did you have 800 mining when you aquired the rank 2 quest item?
    No, I'm still sitting somewhere in the mid-780s.

Deleted
    You receive Rank 3 Felwort when you have Rank 2 in all other Herbs, so maybe Brimstone works the same? I have no idea about Mining.

Most likely rank 3s are tied to skill cap, which is retarded to say the least. My hunter had 800 skinning before I hit 102. On my main I've Mined EVERY mining node I could get to(even some phased into terrain ones, thx blizz) and still hovering around 785~. At this point the only skill ups I can get are from felslate seems(green,duh) and brimstone is orange. Wish I'd taken the darkmoonon quest. Was too busy dashing around WQ
    Last edited by Tang0; 2016-09-12 at 09:28 AM.

well over a month into expansion - still rank 1 of brimstione. not a single rank 3 on anything, missing rank 2 on leystone seam aswell.

Cannot help it but feel like the character is f'ed in terms of drops, like it was, say, for leybeque ribs recie, which was supposed to be a 100% drop, but this char coudn't get after 10s of kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Cannot help it but feel like the character is f'ed in terms of drops, like it was, say, for leybeque ribs recie, which was supposed to be a 100% drop, but this char coudn't get after 10s of kills.
    That was a bug and has been fixed. The recipe should drop on the next kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    That was a bug and has been fixed. The recipe should drop on the next kill.
    o have gotten mine through a gm, but who knows if any og those mining recipies suffered the same fate

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    December 13th and im still stuck at rank 1, with mining skill 800 and quite alot of infernal brimstone WQs already done... so this is bugged or a complete shit...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still at rank 1 too.

I dont have any rank 3 yet, leystone seam is the other 1 star. Do I need that 2 star before brimstone or other rank 3?

As for herbalism, do I need all 2 star for 3 star to drop?

Deleted
    It was bugged on start of expansion. people who didnt get rank 2 from WQ cant get it since even after hotfix. try contact GM about this issue.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    It was bugged on start of expansion. people who didnt get rank 2 from WQ cant get it since even after hotfix. try contact GM about this issue.
    Damn... thanks for the info

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, contacted a GM recently and he said there are no bugs related to that and is somewhat "working as intended" so... shit mechanic :S

I am also on rank 2 on all formulas (both herb and mining) though if i am able to farm consistently i'm happy with that. Only thing i'd really like is rank 3 starlight rose for major increase in gold farming
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    Damn... thanks for the info

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, contacted a GM recently and he said there are no bugs related to that and is somewhat "working as intended" so... shit mechanic :S
    Made me chuckle when they said the same thing about arms warrior hidden skin too.

Wait so is Infernal Brimstone Rank 2 not dropping still? cause I was just thinking i had bad rng at this point.