7+ Year Old Account

Crafting a tailoring legendary

Apparently, you can loot Melandrus (CoS boss) on heroic, but Vandros must be killed on mythic for the same tailoring questline? I mean, it's not a problem getting into a mythic grp or setting it up, but while farming murlocs for the cloth on the Broken Shore (again, part of the same questline) wouldn't it make more sense to be able to queue for both heroics? Or just make both of them require mythic?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Mythic locks you to a week so you can't pump out multiple if ND is up more than once a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you can. You can get it from m+ aswell

Deleted
    If those "new, crafted legendaries" push us back to TBC times when every Mage ... I would really hope so, that it's just a quest

Mythic locks you to a week so you can't pump out multiple if ND is up more than once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Supatra View Post
    Yes you can because the quest can be done in mythic+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Apparently, you can loot Melandrus (CoS boss) on heroic, but Vandros must be killed on mythic for the same tailoring questline? I mean, it's not a problem getting into a mythic grp or setting it up, but while farming murlocs for the cloth on the Broken Shore (again, part of the same questline) wouldn't it make more sense to be able to queue for both heroics? Or just make both of them require mythic?
    I was asking myself the same thing. Do the leather and plate legendaries require items from dungeon bosses too? And if they do, can you get them both in hc dungeons? Wondering if it´s just that strange with the cloth legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurky View Post
    I was asking myself the same thing. Do the leather and plate legendaries require items from dungeon bosses too? And if they do, can you get them both in hc dungeons? Wondering if it´s just that strange with the cloth legendary...
    It's the same for all crafted legendaries: you have to do the dungeon quest on at least mythic. You CAN do it with whatever mythic+ key you have, too. So more than one per week is possible, the quest item will be in the mythic+ chest at the end.

But: do not open the chest if you have zero space in your inventory, can't loot the item then and it is not sent by post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurky View Post
    Yes they do and no you cant.
    All profession quests require a raid and/or mythic(+) dungeons.
    It dropping from CoS is likely just a bug since CoS/Arcway got added as heroics later on in the xpac (used to be Mythic only).
    So the internal questtracker likely just lists Melandrus heroic as Melandrus Mythic and thus adds the item to the loottable.
    Intended? Likely not, but its not really game breaking.
    CoS is horrible enough as is, maybe this is just blizzards way of saying sorry for making you do this instance.