Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because we all know there's literally zero other chances for them to EVER have the conversation you've whined about multiple times already.

I mean, yeah! Why didn't, in their first interaction in so long, didn't Vereesa literally say all of the things that had ever happened. Oh noes! She might not fall in love with Sylvanas immediately!

Jesus christ.
    Your firm grasp on how family members would not immediately play catch up especially after one of the family members was presumed dead really is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Your firm grasp on how family members would not immediately play catch up especially after one of the family members was presumed dead really is amazing.
    Holy fuck dude. It's. One. Small. Conversation. In. A. Room. With. A. Ton. Of. Other. NPCs. Pretending there's going to be a gigantic conversation about the factions of Azeroth, the entirety of Sylvanas' history, how she joined the Forsaken, now Thrall was Warchief and then the rise of Garrosh, his creation of the Iron Horde, Vol'jin's rise to power, and then his death in a single fucking conversation is ignorant at best. That has NEVER HAPPENED.

Where are your freak outs over Khadgar not doing the same for Alleria and Turaylon when they speak up? How about Velen and the broken on Argus? How about literally every other interaction between characters like this who haven't spoken in so long?

That has NEVER HAPPENED EVER. Your butthurt because it leaves Alleria with a pissed off opinion about Sylvanas is hilariously, and pathetically, transparent. Oh noes somebody doesn't knee-jerk like your waifu! Better throw a fucking tantrum on every thread where the dialogue is brought up.

Again: Jesus christ roflmao.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-08 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, if she and her hubby (although to a lesser extent) were at least somewhat decently written characters, I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying now. Her story is just a huge asspull.
    There need to be asspull characters too. Not everyone can be an amazing hero or meaningful humanoid that saves Azeroth a hundred times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vareesa is that one crazy aunt who brings a 2-hour long slide show about everything she did since the last family meeting.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-07-08 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Right now, no she does not and will not approve of Sylvanas. However, once the void starts kicking in and she starts using the powers more, she'll bond with Sylvanas over the darkness. It's classic Blizzard writing.
    I see that happening too and even possibly opening a rift between her and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    All Windrunner have racist powers,

Sylvanas hates humanity, because of Arthas
    Alleria hates orcs for killing 17 family members, her little brother in particular
    Vereesa hates the vast majority of her own people, for unknown reasons (She hated them long before Rhonin was turned to dust)
    Yes, but Sylvanas and Alleria are defined by a lot more than having a human boyfriend and being racist.
    Vereesa is just: Hot, has a bow, has(had) a human boyfriend, is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Right? Fucking Illidan/Maiev story has more romantic depth lmao

On-topic though. Does she and/or Turalyon even HAVE the right to say anything? While they were off chasing Legion/Void lords, us lesser mortals had to deal with Azeroth getting shit on by several large threats without their help.
    Well supposedly they have fought the Legion for thousands of years, but in good Blizzard fashion we are told they are super badass and important instead of actualy seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yes, but Sylvanas and Alleria are defined by a lot more than having a human boyfriend and being racist.
    Just pointing out her racist tendencies are even quite mediocre compared to her sisters. Vereesa simply is a trainwreck of a character and blizz failed spectacular trying to fix that mess, it would have been better for her if she had just died in the blast at Theramore and Auric would have taken her place as high elf representative.

Why is her character this bad to the lot replying here? Her character is nothing spectacular and out of the ordinary; just a high elf married to a human who died by the Horde's warchief, which she can't get over. Simple plot, simple character.

Just because she is a _Windrunner, it doesn't mean she has to be a Power Ranger(lol). Some characters are defined by the tragedies of others affiliated to them.

Characters like Vereesa, Nathanos, Moira and so on are new ones introduced in WoW to keep the universe going, otherwise Blizzard can just stop creating new ones and will have to wrap it all up once we kill everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Vareesa is that one crazy aunt who brings a 2-hour long slide show about everything she did since the last family meeting.
    Apparently its shitty writing that she hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Why is her character this bad to the lot replying here? Her character is nothing spectacular and out of the ordinary; just a high elf married to a human who died by the Horde's warchief, which she can't get over. Simple plot, simple character.
    Her very creation was only to tag along with rhonin to be his personal damsel in distress to safe her all the time, since she lost her bow the very moment they started on their journey, only for him to bang her in the next book she is involved in and they have twins, who for some ridiculous reason have some great potential, because they are the children of a mage and an elf.

Even after her husband was turned into a pouch of dust, because he was such an obnoxious character and had nowhere left to go, she was still tethered to him, he became her sole motivation to act.

She says she hates her people(blood elves) and the horde, but has no problems joining up with the most fucked up horde leader, her sister in undercity to rule the forsaken and looks forward to walking the streets of Silvermoon once again. Do you see the problem here?
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-07-08 at 05:21 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)

Well supposedly they have fought the Legion for thousands of years, but in good Blizzard fashion we are told they are super badass and important instead of actualy seeing it.
    That's fine, even if that's 100% truth and everything they're claiming is legit, the fact remains that this isn't the world they left behind. They have really nothing to say about how Azeroth has evolved and changed since they played no role in how we've shaped and survived on this world. This isn't their place anymore, and living in the past of the 2nd War is a disservice and unfair to every Azerothian. I don't think that they're stupid people, and I have a feeling that's how they will act and see thngs too.

You can't just fuck off from your house for years with other people living in it for ANY reason, good or not, and not expect someone to have moved the furniture around. That's just highly unreasonable.

Deleted
    All Windrunner have racist powers,

Sylvanas hates humanity, because of Arthas
    Alleria hates orcs for killing 17 family members, her little brother in particular
    Vereesa hates the vast majority of her own people, for unknown reasons (She hated them long before Rhonin was turned to dust)
    That's fine, even if that's 100% truth and everything they're claiming is legit, the fact remains that this isn't the world they left behind. They have really nothing to say about how Azeroth has evolved and changed since they played no role in how we've shaped and survived on this world. This isn't their place anymore, and living in the past of the 2nd War is a disservice and unfair to every Azerothian. I don't think that they're stupid people, and I have a feeling that's how they will act and see thngs too.

You can't just fuck off from your house for years with other people living in it for ANY reason, good or not, and not expect someone to have moved the furniture around. That's just highly unreasonable.
    Don't worry. We totally agree on that. I just said what they were supposedly doing while fucking off to nowhere. Granted it is kinda funny that Turalyion and Alleria lead the Amry of Light when nothing in WC2 suggested they have some very super special destiny. It's like how Darth Vader a pretty scary underling of the Emperor got turned into space jesus in the prequels.

In WoW Thrall is the Earth Aspect, Malfurion is a bigger druid than anyone, Illidan is destined to be a champion of the light....etc. Everyone is a messiah. Gets kinda boring. And funnily enough makes being the chosen one less special.

Maybe we should fight the next threat with people like Halford Ramsay and Chen Stomrstout. People who aren't destined for any grand future but are at the wrong place at the wrong time and must do what must be done to get out of shit in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because we all know there's literally zero other chances for them to EVER have the conversation you've whined about multiple times already.

I mean, yeah! Why didn't, in their first interaction in so long, didn't Vereesa literally say all of the things that had ever happened. Oh noes! She might not fall in love with Sylvanas immediately!

Jesus christ.
    Ponder on the difference between "one thing" (that's a natural followup to what she just learned) and "all things" while you're finishing up that straw shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Maybe we should fight the next threat with people like Halford Ramsay and Chen Stomrstout. People who aren't destined for any grand future but are at the wrong place at the wrong time and must do what must be done to get out of shit in one piece.
    "I Gamon will save us!" And then he DOES!

I agree that the whole idea of special destiny shit is getting a bit redundant in Warcraft Lore. It's as if every character from WC2 and 3 is now a fucking demi-god just because they were alive during the 2nd and 3rd wars or they're related to someone from back then so they get this massive spotlight. I get it, I played Warcraft 1,2 and 3. Nostalgia and return characters/heroes are cool and all, but at the level we're at now and the shit we, as our own WoW character, have accomplished is substantial and it's about time that we're now getting renown from the world. WoD we were the Commander, now we are Champions which is a start. I think making every goddamn NPC hero somehow the best ever so that our characters remain in their shadows is a bit ridiculous at this point. I fucking killed Arthas, Gul'Dan, Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, etc etc while the so-called powerful heroes often stood back with a thumb in their ass right up until Cinematic time, or a single phase in the encounter.

Blizzard is doing a pretty solid job so far in killing off some of these characters though, and I see that as a good thing. We need to thin out the flock of Superheroes we've got in this game right now... mind-you between Illidan, Alleria and Turalyon alone, they're finding a way to also replenish them too ffs.

Deleted
    "I Gamon will save us!" And then he DOES!
    This was the good part of Vash'ir or however you spell it. Horde was going to kick some Alliance butt, but a kraken attacked us and we sank. After that, no demigods, no special destinity, no prophecy, no chosen ones. Just you and a few npc friends trying to salvage the situation. You did end up being a hero in the end of course but it was a less cliché story.

Her very creation was only to tag along with rhonin to be his personal damsel in distress to safe her all the time, since she lost her bow the very moment they started on their journey, only for him to bang her in the next book she is involved in and they have twins, who for some ridiculous reason have some great potential, because they are the children of a mage and an elf.

Even after her husband was turned into a pouch of dust, because he was such an obnoxious character and had nowhere left to go, she was still tethered to him, he became her sole motivation to act.

She says she hates her people(blood elves) and the horde, but has no problems joining up with the most fucked up horde leader, her sister in undercity to rule the forsaken and looks forward to walking the streets of Silvermoon once again. Do you see the problem here?
    The only thing that is out of place is the part where she pondered about leading the Forsaken. The kids being special is something I would have left out too(although this was present in other families in Warcraft too, most famously Aegwynn wanting a child with Nielas Aran because of who he was, so parentage can apparently play a huge role), but other than that, it's a normal story.

The rest of it displays a simple female character that fell in love with some human and once he got murdered, she started hating those directly and indirectly responsible for his death. It is an average character hallmarked by the marriage with Rhonin.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-08 at 11:32 PM.

I hope that she approves of her country after a time of mental adjusting. I don't think she will, nor should, 'approve' of Sylvanas, but she should and hopefully will empathize with/pity her. Everything Sylvanas has become, she became giving her last full measure for Quel'thalas, which is all that got Alleria up in the morning back in the day, too.

dont worry, Nzoth will whisper into Allerias ear to accept Sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Initially, I would say "no." But I think Alleria's experiences on Argus and with the Void might make her eventually more sympathetic to Sylvanas' plight - at least more sympathetic than Vereesa would otherwise be. Much of this hinges on Sylvanas and her reaction to Alleria's return, and which version of the story of the Third War Alleria believes to be more truthful. There is a lot of gray areas that can be pushed or pulled to make either faction come out looking like the better side in the story of Sylvanas, the High Elves, and Blood Elves, and the Third War in general. Alleria's experiences with undeath in general would largely be negative ones, not counting what experiences she might've had in the intervening and unaccounted-for time since her disappearance. The undead she knows are the corpses raised by Orcish Necrolytes and Gul'dan's original Death Knights - whether or not she would underscore much of a difference between these and the free-willed Forsaken (and by extension her sister) would need to be explored.

So TL;DR: the answer is a solid "maybe."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Initially, I would say "no." But I think Alleria's experiences on Argus and with the Void might make her eventually more sympathetic to Sylvanas' plight - at least more sympathetic than Vereesa would otherwise be. Much of this hinges on Sylvanas and her reaction to Alleria's return, and which version of the story of the Third War Alleria believes to be more truthful. There is a lot of gray areas that can be pushed or pulled to make either faction come out looking like the better side in the story of Sylvanas, the High Elves, and Blood Elves, and the Third War in general. Alleria's experiences with undeath in general would largely be negative ones, not counting what experiences she might've had in the intervening and unaccounted-for time since her disappearance. The undead she knows are the corpses raised by Orcish Necrolytes and Gul'dan's original Death Knights - whether or not she would underscore much of a difference between these and the free-willed Forsaken (and by extension her sister) would need to be explored.

So TL;DR: the answer is a solid "maybe."
    I doubt Alleria will accept what sylvanas has done, but I believe she will forgive her, just as Vereesa did.