Thread: Demonology?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I love how you're stupid enough to defend them. Demonology wasn't broken and they never fixed it. They genuinely did not want people to play it because they knew they were gutting it to make way for Demon Hunters.
    demonology was very broken
    it was the highest dps of the three, but very hard to play well, needing to land hand of guldan perfectly, and was so fucking clunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    demonology was very broken
    it was the highest dps of the three, but very hard to play well, needing to land hand of guldan perfectly, and was so fucking clunky
    Your definition of "broken" is it does its job well and isn't easy? This is obviously not the class for you. I would recommend hunters as they might be more your speed.

  3. #23
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Your definition of "broken" is it does its job well and isn't easy? This is obviously not the class for you. I would recommend hunters as they might be more your speed.
    no, that is was super fucking clunky, and forced everyone into the spec, and if you messed up your dps just plumited
    its like feral is currently, good dps if its played well, but mess up and your dps just dies for the whole fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  4. #24
    Im probably in the minority but have gotten used to Demo as it is now and am usually performing ok with it. I find it fun - I dont do the DE spam build..

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Im probably in the minority but have gotten used to Demo as it is now and am usually performing ok with it. I find it fun - I dont do the DE spam build..
    And how are you compensating the damage loss?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, that is was super fucking clunky, and forced everyone into the spec, and if you messed up your dps just plumited
    its like feral is currently, good dps if its played well, but mess up and your dps just dies for the whole fight
    What exactly is "super clunky" to you? Forced everyone into the specialization? You mean despite the fact that people were playing the other two just fine? Or the fact that one specialization is ALWAYS on top?

  7. #27
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    What exactly is "super clunky" to you? Forced everyone into the specialization? You mean despite the fact that people were playing the other two just fine? Or the fact that one specialization is ALWAYS on top?
    because it was WAAAY ontop in blackrock foundry
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...heroic-mythic/
    notice how EVERY SINGLE fight reccomends demonology? affliction not once, and destro "or destro" it is hard to find parses from back then
    the spec was clunky and hard to play you needed to line up hand of guldan so it would hit in less then half a second before it would run out, to get the optimal dps

    like seriously, it was super annoying to play, hard, clunky because of how its mechanics worked, and they nerfed it alot to try and fix this so the other 2 specs were playable, and look at HFC, affliction and destro were both good, demo is lower but still used

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Im probably in the minority but have gotten used to Demo as it is now and am usually performing ok with it. I find it fun - I dont do the DE spam build..
    DE spam build?
    i thoerized it in beta that was going to be a thing but i never thought it would become real
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because it was WAAAY ontop in blackrock foundry
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...heroic-mythic/
    notice how EVERY SINGLE fight reccomends demonology? affliction not once, and destro "or destro" it is hard to find parses from back then
    the spec was clunky and hard to play you needed to line up hand of guldan so it would hit in less then half a second before it would run out, to get the optimal dps

    like seriously, it was super annoying to play, hard, clunky because of how its mechanics worked, and they nerfed it alot to try and fix this so the other 2 specs were playable, and look at HFC, affliction and destro were both good, demo is lower but still used
    Gee, people recommend the specialization that performs the best? What a shocker.

    I have never been anything more than a casual player yet I had no problem with Demonology back then. None of this changes the fact that a 25% nerf across the board was intended to get people to lose their attachment to Demonology so they could release Demon Hunters. It's the specialization that was gut the most and while you claim it was "super clunky" back then, it's a pathetic husk of what it used to be now, now that we have to spam Demonic Empowerment endlessly.

  9. #29
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Gee, people recommend the specialization that performs the best? What a shocker.

    I have never been anything more than a casual player yet I had no problem with Demonology back then. None of this changes the fact that a 25% nerf across the board was intended to get people to lose their attachment to Demonology so they could release Demon Hunters. It's the specialization that was gut the most and while you claim it was "super clunky" back then, it's a pathetic husk of what it used to be now, now that we have to spam Demonic Empowerment endlessly.
    yeah you were a casual player
    so you dont understand what the issue with it was
    it forced ALL warlocks to play it, simply because if you played it well, it was WAY better then the other specs, on fights with 2 targets, destro should have been the best pick obviously, but even then demo was still better, destro just was close enough that you "could" play it

    dont lfr and normal raid then complain about balance
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah you were a casual player
    so you dont understand what the issue with it was
    it forced ALL warlocks to play it, simply because if you played it well, it was WAY better then the other specs, on fights with 2 targets, destro should have been the best pick obviously, but even then demo was still better, destro just was close enough that you "could" play it

    dont lfr and normal raid then complain about balance
    Link me your armory. I'd like to see what amazing Mythic achievements you have.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And how are you compensating the damage loss?
    Last boss kill for me, yeah only Heroic..

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

  12. #32
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Link me your armory. I'd like to see what amazing Mythic achievements you have.
    but no thanks i dont like stalkers
    but here you go



    i have been easing off hardcore raiding the past while
    dont feel i wanna commit the time anymore, mostly pugging norm/heroic these days, but even now mostly just normal farm cause im bored of it
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-10 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Last boss kill for me, yeah only Heroic..

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    I didn't want to discredit you, I am just curious. Good job!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but no thanks i dont like stalkers
    but here you go
    i have been easing off hardcore raiding the past while
    dont feel i wanna commit the time anymore, mostly pugging norm/heroic these days, but even now mostly just normal farm cause im bored of it
    Not only do I not have an active subscription but I don't have the game installed. If you're worried someone around here is going to stalk you then feel free to send me a PM with the link.

  15. #35
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Not only do I not have an active subscription but I don't have the game installed. If you're worried someone around here is going to stalk you then feel free to send me a PM with the link.
    i just showed you the cheives
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i just showed you the cheives
    You showed me an image of achievements. Why are you so reluctant to just link me your armory?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    They recently did a class AMA over reddit a few weeks back

    They acknowledged that DE is not a good design but are unsure how to make it good. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djb9m32/

    They acknowledged that our strength will be sustained single target and we will see some tuning buffs in the future to reflect that. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbp8d/

    They admit that the summon mass imps is not a good design and going to focus demo more on summon 1 massive demon instead plus having us more interaction with our demons. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbyxi/

    When they going to make these changes fall under the usual Soon™ catagory
    I've seen people give good ideas...I think I even came up with a idea when Legion launched...but they just don't care about it much...like same with Shadow...they made promises to actually change things and never delivered on them.

    Simplest thing I can think of off my hand is make DE a aura so you don't need to cast it every few seconds. But no...they can't even do that...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but no thanks i dont like stalkers
    Awww...and I wanted to stalk you

  18. #38
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    You showed me an image of achievements. Why are you so reluctant to just link me your armory?
    i showed you my acheives dont like people creeping on me and my armory, its weird




    also i have a feeling your gunna go "wow you havent done mythic in legion, and you call me a casual"
    well we are talking about the past, not now
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-10 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i showed you my acheives dont like people creeping on me and my armory, its weird
    also i have a feeling your gunna go "wow you havent done mythic in legion, and you call me a casual"
    well we are talking about the past, not now
    You like making excuses. Sorry, but I'm not accepting anything other than an Armory link and even that's being generous.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i showed you my acheives dont like people creeping on me and my armory, its weird
    This is not eve online, literally nothing anybody can do to you with armory, unless you're hiding something...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •