Thread: Demonology?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demonology?

Hey out there been playing demo now since launch and barely see any love for demo what so ever Even tho it really needs to be looked at not damagewise cuz that is good.

and yet again in 7.3 i dont see much

they said a few patches ago that something would be done but havnt seen any.
    The nerfs is okay considering our set bonuses being able to do insane ammount of TKC with wakeners.
    Any know anything about some changes? Cuz i really start to consider one the two other specs

Regards

They recently did a class AMA over reddit a few weeks back

They acknowledged that DE is not a good design but are unsure how to make it good. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djb9m32/

They acknowledged that our strength will be sustained single target and we will see some tuning buffs in the future to reflect that. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbp8d/

They admit that the summon mass imps is not a good design and going to focus demo more on summon 1 massive demon instead plus having us more interaction with our demons. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbyxi/

When they going to make these changes fall under the usual Soon™ catagory

the spec isnt really good for anything in raid settings except single target damage... and even at that its not clear cut better then everyone else.
    the way it plays out mechanically also not too good( DE anyone? ), so unless you really into demonology fantasy there is no point playing it.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    They recently did a class AMA over reddit a few weeks back

They acknowledged that DE is not a good design but are unsure how to make it good. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djb9m32/

They acknowledged that our strength will be sustained single target and we will see some tuning buffs in the future to reflect that. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbp8d/

They admit that the summon mass imps is not a good design and going to focus demo more on summon 1 massive demon instead plus having us more interaction with our demons. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2017/djbbyxi/

When they going to make these changes fall under the usual Soon™ catagory
    I wouldn't expect a massive demon until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    I wouldn't expect a massive demon until the next expansion.
    yea that's kinda a given

The only thing i expect from now til next expac is random buffs and nerfs

I wonder why they reverted the tier bonus that made demonic empowerment instant I think? Maybe it trivialized the spell? Maintenance buffs are so bad.

Deleted
    Demonology requires a next-expac level rewrite. I mean they need to scrap it and start again, using the lessons learned. I loved the ide aof demo, summoning an army of demons, the problem they really ran into is this: they want dps to be an active thing, like, you're either doing or losing. However if you pack the damage into pets, you've got thi sproblem where you just summon them and then that's it. So they cam eupwith Demonic Empowerment, so that basically your demon damage is crap unless you, the caster, keep up a buff.

But maint buffs are boring as hell, and demo's is even more hellish, because it's summon demon, DE, summon demon, DE...over and over and over, you cast DE. It doesn;t even feelllike you're doing anything (they took out the bit where your empowered demons got visibly bigger, they still do but you can hardly see it).

They've sprinkled some glitter on the turd with the T21 armour bonus but it still feels bad.

It doesn;t help that demo has about the worst ramp in the game, everything about it feels turgid and slow (and it's awfulwithout a lot of haste) it has terrible mobility and the only thing it excels at is being a motionless single target turret. The pets except the felguard are guardians and won;t switch targets.

The pets are very unimpressive, too. The same old felguard back from a decade ago, two dogs and some imps. That's it for the "master of demons"

At th emoment I think it;s either they don;t know what to do with demo, or they do know, but it's such a from the ground up rework it can't be done until the next expac.

Demo needsmore than the rework they did for Shadow Priests, and the one they are about to do for ferals, which was basically pulling damage out of a singular ability and baking it into a number of others.

Of course, there are those who like demo; you can find players who like anything. But I very rarely see demolocks...at all. World content, lfr raids, dungeons dailies, pugging M+'s....you hardly ever see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Demonology requires a next-expac level rewrite. I mean they need to scrap it and start again, using the lessons learned. I loved the ide aof demo, summoning an army of demons, the problem they really ran into is this: they want dps to be an active thing, like, you're either doing or losing. However if you pack the damage into pets, you've got thi sproblem where you just summon them and then that's it. So they cam eupwith Demonic Empowerment, so that basically your demon damage is crap unless you, the caster, keep up a buff..............
    I agree with everything you said and I'd add another problem is addons being required to play Demo with any level of proficiency. That they made a spec with little built in UI support is ludicrous.

You really hit the nail on the head about the devs wanting DPS to be always be active which is where the main issues come from. Disc has the same problem IMO. It bugs me that these devs seem to be so rigid at times in their design choices to the detriment of fun.

The final version of Demo in Legion has been one of the most disappointing things I've experienced in WOW.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluen View Post
    Hey out there been playing demo now since launch and barely see any love for demo what so ever Even tho it really needs to be looked at not damagewise cuz that is good.

and yet again in 7.3 i dont see much

they said a few patches ago that something would be done but havnt seen any.
    The nerfs is okay considering our set bonuses being able to do insane ammount of TKC with wakeners.
    Any know anything about some changes? Cuz i really start to consider one the two other specs

Regards
    Demonology? What's that?
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    i love how people still take that out of context
    the spec was broken, and he made a joke, then said "we purposly nerfed it cause right now it is just too broken and we need to fix it"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the spec was broken, and he made a joke, then said "we purposly nerfed it cause right now it is just too broken and we need to fix it"
    No, they took it the way it was meant to be taken. They had fucked the spec into the ground with that update. It was a ham-fisted nerf that should have never happened. Yeah it needed to be brought down some but they wanted people to play the other specs so they made it where RAIDERS, (fuck the casuals on that point) would not use it. They wanted raiders to raid with aff and destro.

Its kinda like that now. You can be the best demo lock in the world but you will not beat the best aff locks on probably 8 of the 9 fights right now in Tomb.

They had no intent to 'fix it'. They had already decided to give Demon Hunters (and to a lesser extent shadow priests) much of what made the spec fun to begin with. Yes it needed to be nerfed but they could have at least attempted to balance it, but they also wanted to wean people off of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I'm concerned we only have two specs. At least until the DE spam SI/PT spec is deleted.

I just recently returned to my Warlock (playing Destruction) - Demonology is a fun spec that looks cool but hasn't much fun baked into it.

My biggest issues while trying Demo:

- Slow ramp up time to get the first Imps up

- Doom feels nice when you see those high ticks but its damage is applied too slow // spread the damage and make it tick twice for half the damage instead of once

- Spamming DE feels just wrong because you're doing nothing than buffing your pets with it

- There needs to be some kind of indication how many demons you have active, why is there no UI indicator or something like that showing you have 6 - 8 - 10 demons active right now? Would make it much easier to time Thalkiel without additional addons as you know "10 demons is maximum for me so I can use Thalkiel now"

- The whole "feeling" of the spec consists of spamming either Shadow Bolt or Demonic Empowerement which feels super weird

- Why can't we summon Inquisitors? Or those big bad Fel Guards or whatever they are called? Why only those boring Imps? Not even a Succubus or a Fel Hunter that fight with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just recently returned to my Warlock (playing Destruction) - Demonology is a fun spec that looks cool but hasn't much fun baked into it.

My biggest issues while trying Demo:

- Slow ramp up time to get the first Imps up

- Doom feels nice when you see those high ticks but its damage is applied too slow // spread the damage and make it tick twice for half the damage instead of once

- Spamming DE feels just wrong because you're doing nothing than buffing your pets with it

- needs to beThere some kind of indication how many demons you have active, why is there no UI indicator or something like that showing you have 6 - 8 - 10 demons active right now? Would make it much easier to time Thalkiel without additional addons as you know "10 demons is maximum for me so I can use Thalkiel now"

- The whole "feeling" of the spec consists of spamming either Shadow Bolt or Demonic Empowerement which feels super weird

- Why can't we summon Inquisitors? Or those big bad Fel Guards or whatever they are called? Why only those boring Imps? Not even a Succubus or a Fel Hunter that fight with us?
    Its under your character portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Its under your character portrait.
    Well, I'm using a premade UI and never saw that lol. Maybe it's non existing in my UI (checked it, there's no indicator on my UI) - sorry, didn't knew there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, I'm using a premade UI and never saw that lol. Maybe it's non existing in my UI (checked it, there's no indicator on my UI) - sorry, didn't knew there is one.
    Can always use tellmewhen to track them. its pretty easy to set it up and you can watch each different type of pet.

I love how you're stupid enough to defend them. Demonology wasn't broken and they never fixed it. They genuinely did not want people to play it because they knew they were gutting it to make way for Demon Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I love how you're stupid enough to defend them. Demonology wasn't broken and they never fixed it. They genuinely did not want people to play it because they knew they were gutting it to make way for Demon Hunters.
    Idd the spec before was so satisfying and if u know how to play around with it it didnt feel clunky at all for pve and was a god in 3s able to one shot if let free cast. So yeah the spec got butt fucked like no other spec what so ever
    Last edited by mmoca8c773310c; 2017-07-09 at 06:14 PM.